Thread: ZMA vs. HMB

RiponGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ZMA vs. HMB

I got some money to go for bodybuilding.com for my b-day. I'm getting some protein and debating between hmb and zma. I lean towards the ZMA cuz its alot cheaper, then again, I'm 18 and may not need the extra free testosterone. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Edit:haha, im 19 not 18. wow. oops. Hey, in my best defense it was as of a few days ago...
    Last edited by RiponGuy; 03-16-2008 at 04:50 PM.

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    better go for l-Lucine

Originally Posted by darknessWithin View Post
    better go for l-Lucine
    Im getting real gains which already has 10g in it and I'm assuming I get a fair amount in my diet as well. Would extra L-Leucine really do that much for me?

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i doubt the leucine in real gains is free form.

so your saying its worthless or you just dont get 100% outta it?

basically I was wondering if the ZMA would be worth it since i'm only 19 and might not need the extra test so should I just try the HMB

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RiponGuy View Post
    basically I was wondering if the ZMA would be worth it since i'm only 19 and might not need the extra test so should I just try the HMB
    If you're already taking creatine, then taking 3g HMB would be ok.

If not, get some creatine mono.

Creatine + HMB + relative newb to the gym = good combo according to studies.

Anyway, Bcaa's would be a better and cheaper investment during your workouts than the expensive HMB in my opinion.

got some bcaa's, thanks alot guys

JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

IMO HMB isn't too great. I took it last year with a stack and saw good results. THEN, I took the same stack and removed HMB and also saw the same results. For the money, it's not worth it.

Also, research for HMB is mediocre at best. Some studies claim it stops muscle breakdown, others say it doesn't do anything. Alot of mixed up information.

What makes me wonder is: If HMB is sooo great, why haven't all companies adopted it into their products? It's not like leucine, creatine, l-citruline, etc.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    zma wont give you extra testosterone. it will only help if you are low on zinc.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JeepLax9 View Post
    IMO HMB isn't too great. I took it last year with a stack and saw good results. THEN, I took the same stack and removed HMB and also saw the same results. For the money, it's not worth it.

Also, research for HMB is mediocre at best. Some studies claim it stops muscle breakdown, others say it doesn't do anything. Alot of mixed up information.

What makes me wonder is: If HMB is sooo great, why haven't all companies adopted it into their products? It's not like leucine, creatine, l-citruline, etc.
    Why? Besides effectiveness, cost.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepLax9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Why? Besides effectiveness, cost.
    I guess I beat around the bush a little bit by focusing on cost, but when I compare taking HMB and not taking HMB, there is no difference in strength gains.

Basically I had a stack A and stack B. Stack A included HMB. Stack B did not. (First stack was NO-xplode, whey isolate, HMB, CLA, BCAA's; second did not include HMB. Diet remained the same for the duration of both stacks)

Stack A was done for 4 weeks. Results were recorded. Stack B was done after a 2 week no-supplement period. Results were recorded. Results were exactly the same. That's how it worked for me, I don't know how I can make it any clearer.