WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do I go about getting myself recruited?

I play in an 18 and over spring football league, I just turned 19 2 months ago... I play defensive end, and I want to play scholarship football... my coaches say I have alot of potential to go far, and my d-coordinator is a former d-1aa offensive coordinator.... I am going to get tape together and send it off to as many schools as I can.. but what else should I send off, a letter?, I want to put together a portfolio but what should I put in it?

My current stats so far in 2 games

13 tackles
    7 tackles for loss
    5 sacks
    1 forced fumbles

should I call coaches, and tell them I'm interested, or do what, I'm not very familiar on how to advertise myself to coaches, any help from some of the guys like fullback??

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by WRbigbody View Post
    I play in an 18 and over spring football league, I just turned 19 2 months ago... I play defensive end, and I want to play scholarship football... my coaches say I have alot of potential to go far, and my d-coordinator is a former d-1aa offensive coordinator.... I am going to get tape together and send it off to as many schools as I can.. but what else should I send off, a letter?, I want to put together a portfolio but what should I put in it?

13 tackles
    7 tackles for loss
    5 sacks
    1 forced fumbles

should I call coaches, and tell them I'm interested, or do what, I'm not very familiar on how to advertise myself to coaches, any help from some of the guys like fullback??
    Here are the things you need....

-Full game tape (Anyone can look like TO in a highlight tape)
    -1 Sheet with your Academic info,contact info, game stats, and agility,speed,lifting stats (Height,weight, BF%, Age, 40,10,20, shuttle, vertical, bench 1RM, squat 1RM)
    -1 Sheet essay introducing yourself and explaining your work ethic in the classroom, your heroes who have inspired you (always use God or your parents), and basically just sell yourself. You don't have to write a letter for each school you send out. You can just enter in the name something like.... I believe that I will be the **** at__________ University.
    -You can also send a letter of rec by your coordinator, but this is a little pushy since you don't want to give them a bunch of mail at once.

If you give me a list of schools you want to send out, I'll give you the coach's e-mail address,phone number, and address.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    Here are the things you need....

-Full game tape (Anyone can look like TO in a highlight tape)
    -1 Sheet with your Academic info,contact info, game stats, and agility,speed,lifting stats (Height,weight, BF%, Age, 40,10,20, shuttle, vertical, bench 1RM, squat 1RM)
    -1 Sheet essay introducing yourself and explaining your work ethic in the classroom, your heroes who have inspired you (always use God or your parents), and basically just sell yourself. You don't have to write a letter for each school you send out. You can just enter in the name something like.... I believe that I will be the **** at__________ University.
    -You can also send a letter of rec by your coordinator, but this is a little pushy since you don't want to give them a bunch of mail at once.

If you give me a list of schools you want to send out, I'll give you the coach's e-mail address,phone number, and address.
    yea I basically made this thread to ask what you were doing... but I see your inbox is full all the time so thought I'd get a quicker reply here thanks reps

ok well its pretty wide open right now but I'll get back to you on the list man thanks

-DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -DC- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What happened to you being WR? And I thought you already got scouted.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    fyi, not every...in fact MOST d1 football players are NOT on scholarship.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DieHollywoodDie View Post
    HUH? Each school has 85 scholarships.. don't know how MOST don't have scholarships. Did you mean D3?
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How is the competition you are playing?

Originally Posted by -DC- View Post
    What happened to you being WR? And I thought you already got scouted.
    I was going to a small nationally ranked private school on the east coast, didnt like it, so I finished out the semester and dismissed myself... Joined a spring league, to get some tapes sent off... My teams D-coordinator was a former D-1AA Offensive Coordinator and said I had a better chance to go somewhere far playing Defensive End... to be honest its a pain in the ass to keep my weight down for WR anyway, I'm just big naturally... much better fit for me...
    Last edited by WRbigbody; 03-17-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Originally Posted by hill23 View Post
    How is the competition you are playing?
    Well I would say it is decent... higher than high school probably NAIA somewhere in that range... considering I just turned 19 though I think that gives me an advantage so when I go to an actual program I've played against better than high school competition than most incoming freshman... Some teams probably could play with a few D-2 teams.... Our QB played 2 years at Hampton, we have a WR who played D-3 and got offered a contract by the San Jose Sabrecats this year I believe (not 100% sure if that was the team) but almost positive.... our Left Guard is signed with the Austin Wranglers... we have an WLB who was with the CFL about 5-6 years ago... a few D-3 guys on my team, and we had 3 players from University of Maryland on our team... 2 quit, and 1 got picked up by the Jacksonville Jaguars for the practice squad from what I heard, was his reason for leaving.... so the competition is good... depends on the team really, everyone is bigger though... alot of guys are ex-college players, so I'm playing against mostly guys 7 or more years older than me...

yea each school has 80+ scholarships, except for violations or infractions, then I think D-1AA is somewhere around 40-50 and D-2 is around 25-30 on scholarship... NAIA also provides scholarships.. and D-3 can only provide financial assistance from grants, or academic scholarships I beleive...

DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    HUH? Each school has 85 scholarships.. don't know how MOST don't have scholarships. Did you mean D3?
    nope i meant d1. for example: i am a division 1 water polo player. at my school, besides basketball, water polo is the most popular sport (and we're the most successful sport at our school...ranked in the top 15 in the country). first off, many schools don't want to pay for the full-rides if the student-athlete, especially if the student-athlete is an absolutely OUTSTANDING talent. Of course if you're playing at USC, you will likely get a scholarship...but the 5th string punter? He's not getting anything. Here's some statistical data:

Excluding the glamour sports of football and basketball, the average N.C.A.A. athletic scholarship is nowhere near a full ride, amounting to $8,707. In sports like baseball or track and field, the number is routinely as low as $2,000. *Even when football and basketball are included, the average is $10,409.* Tuition and room and board for N.C.A.A. institutions often cost between $20,000 and $50,000 a year. On average, the best-paying sport was neither football nor men?s or women?s basketball. It was men?s ice hockey, at $21,755. Next was women?s ice hockey ($20,540).
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

nope i meant d1. for example: i am a division 1 water polo player. at my school, besides basketball, water polo is the most popular sport (and we're the most successful sport at our school...ranked in the top 15 in the country). first off, many schools don't want to pay for the full-rides if the student-athlete, especially if the student-athlete is an absolutely OUTSTANDING talent. Of course if you're playing at USC, you will likely get a scholarship...but the 5th string punter? He's not getting anything. Here's some statistical data:

Excluding the glamour sports of football and basketball, the average N.C.A.A. athletic scholarship is nowhere near a full ride, amounting to $8,707. In sports like baseball or track and field, the number is routinely as low as $2,000. *Even when football and basketball are included, the average is $10,409.* Tuition and room and board for N.C.A.A. institutions often cost between $20,000 and $50,000 a year. On average, the best-paying sport was neither football nor men?s or women?s basketball. It was men?s ice hockey, at $21,755. Next was women?s ice hockey ($20,540).
    thats on average, including all schools... A D-1 team's budget is alot higher than a D-1AA or D-2's budget... and their are about 30 players on the average top 50 D-1 team not on scholarship.... basically if you see significant playing time, and they feel you can contribute then you will get enough money that you will be ok to get through school which is what I need... on top of that 10k a semester or year is still alot of money, I'm aware not all guys get full-rides, but D-1 schools also put kids on partial athletic scholarships and then help them make up alot of the remainder with financial assistance with grants, etc.

put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) put5onyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Excluding the glamour sports of football and basketball, the average N.C.A.A. athletic scholarship is nowhere near a full ride

Not sure where you are going with this.

Did you mean to say most D1 athletes?
    Godfather of *Official US Army Thread*

PaulpFiction's Daddy

thats on average, including all schools... A D-1 team's budget is alot higher than a D-1AA or D-2's budget... and their are about 30 players on the average top 50 D-1 team not on scholarship.... basically if you see significant playing time, and they feel you can contribute then you will get enough money that you will be ok to get through school which is what I need... on top of that 10k a semester or year is still alot of money, I'm aware not all guys get full-rides, but D-1 schools also put kids on partial athletic scholarships and then help them make up alot of the remainder with financial assistance with grants, etc.
    if scholarships are given out at the d1 level, they are almost ALWAYS full-rides. unlike d2, you can't "split up" scholarships at the d1-a level for football. aka, if you're giving 5k/year to a kid it counts the same against the scholarship count as 40k/year. thus those who ARE on scholarship, get full rides usually. and do you really think, if you weren't recruited in highschool and don't have people knocking on your door begging you to play right now, you are going to be able to go from playing in some random men's spring league that they could not care less about to a top football program on scholarship (full ride)? pretty much how you'd have to do it is try and walk-on, tell the coach your situation, then prove that you're worthy of a scholarship through the first year.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

if scholarships are given out at the d1 level, they are almost ALWAYS full-rides. unlike d2, you can't "split up" scholarships at the d1-a level for football. aka, if you're giving 5k/year to a kid it counts the same against the scholarship count as 40k/year. thus those who ARE on scholarship, get full rides usually. and do you really think, if you weren't recruited in highschool and don't have people knocking on your door begging you to play right now, you are going to be able to go from playing in some random men's spring league that they could not care less about to a top football program on scholarship (full ride)? pretty much how you'd have to do it is try and walk-on, tell the coach your situation, then prove that you're worthy of a scholarship through the first year.
    I'm aware of that.. but in addition to that if I send tape off at the end of the season, with a portfolio, etc.... And contact coaches and express my interest in their program, and that I intend on going back to school in Spring of 2009, that will give them ample time to recruit me... In addition to that I never said aything about a full ride to a D-1... that is where you messed up at first, I said to get a scholarship... whether partial, etc. And I said to play scholarship football, meaning.. D-1A, D-1AA, D-2, NAIA... and to your second statement, I was recruited out of high school... I could tell you by whom, but really it isnt important because right now I'm not playing for any of those teams, so it really is irrelavant.

you also are contradicting yourself first you say most D-1 players are not on scholarship, then you say almost all D-1 players are on full scholarship, then you say that football scholarships only average 10,000 dollars... your confusing me

™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ™da1™ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are your stats vert,40,how many years you been playing?how was ur highschool carrer?how are your academics
    At the end of the day its the internet.

Originally Posted by ™da1™ View Post
    what are your stats vert,40,how many years you been playing?how was ur highschool carrer?how are your academics
    vert-32
    40-4.55 handtimed average
    bench- 315ish
    squat- 330ish but I'm workin on it

This is my 2nd year playing i played one year in high school made all conference offense has like 45-50 tackles 3 sacks or so

academics are not bad, I carried a 3.3 GPA my first semester of college last year...

and my stats for this year are in the first post...

Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoofinoof is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

13 tackles
    7 tackles for loss
    5 sacks
    1 forced fumbles

you need to remember that you aren't the only one sending in videos, they need something different that makes you stand out... if you have a good school record, then send that with it as well. don't let yourself look like everyone eles.. they have already seen thousands of people.
    *~* to our daughter Gabriella *~*
    I will never forget the feeling
    When my life was torn apart
    No matter how hard I try
    It will never leave my heart
    I never got the joy
    Of hearing her little cry
    I never got to say hello
    But only a sad goodbye
    She laid very still
    As I held her to my heart
    My darling little girl
    Why did we have to part
    The only thing I asked
    Was someone to tell me why?
    But no-one had the answer
    Why this young life had to die.

suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) suave9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    shoot right handed from the half court line and then left handed from the half court line.. if you can do that, i'm sure you'll stand out a little bit.

Not only that but they'll see you can play multiple sports.. now do it!
    The first step in doing anything out of the norm, is getting everything and anything that says you can't do it away from you.

"When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard."

matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt01621 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was going to a small nationally ranked private school on the east coast, didnt like it, so I finished out the semester and dismissed myself... Joined a spring league, to get some tapes sent off... My teams D-coordinator was a former D-1AA Offensive Coordinator and said I had a better chance to go somewhere far playing Defensive End... to be honest its a pain in the ass to keep my weight down for WR anyway, I'm just big naturally... much better fit for me...
    Which school?