Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ================================================== ==========================

Today's Exercise

Cardio

HIIT (sipping 3 scoops of grape Xtend)
    20 seconds of all out, 40 seconds of recovery... repeated 15 times
    followed by 15 minutes of light intensity cardio

HR max: 167 (85%)
    HR avg: 144 (73%)

Today's Nutrition

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    4 tsp. almond butter
    Total: 4 protein, 2 carbs (starch), 2 fats

Meal 2
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    3.5 oz. orange (peeled)
    broccoli
    Total: 4 protein, 1 carb (fruit), 2 fats

Meal 3
    8 oz. fat free cottage cheese
    64g banana (peeled)
    4 tsp. peanut butter

Meal 4
    (same as Meal 2)

Meal 5
    (same as Meal 3)

Today's Supplements
    6 Omega Complex (1 with each meal)
    1 GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active Multi

3 scoops grape Xtend during A.M. HIIT
    3 scoops grape Xtend throughout the day

Today's Hydration
    110 oz. and still going strong

I was able to break into the 85% HR zone doing the 40/20 split this morning

And I tried a new recipe- 8 oz. cottage cheese with 64g banana... blended it all together until it was a whipped cream consistency, then stirred in some peanut butter- so good!! I'll be having it tonight for my Meal 5- I can hardly wait. I may add some cinnamon.

Tomorrow is "weigh-in" day I know it's only been 1 week on the program, but I can't wait to see what kind of progress I've made so far. Love the diet, love the workout plan, love the DOMS.... it's allllll goooooood

vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Great Plan

Jess, Wow, you are killing it! I've skimmed your log twice. I love reading it. You're so organized about everything!

Keep it up and thanks for the motivation. I'm definitely getting some great ideas from you... pb on ck... mmmmmm... definitely trying that this week!

I'm thinking about ordering Xtend. It sounds like a great product and I think I saw it on this site in a juicy apple flavor, which sounds good to me. Did your Vasocharge arrive? Sounds like you were drooling for it.

Speaking of drooling, your post workout shake... one word: yum!

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JessFM View Post
    ================================================== ========

And I tried a new recipe- 8 oz. cottage cheese with 64g banana... blended it all together until it was a whipped cream consistency, then stirred in some peanut butter- so good!! I'll be having it tonight for my Meal 5- I can hardly wait. I may add some cinnamon.

Tomorrow is "weigh-in" day I know it's only been 1 week on the program, but I can't wait to see what kind of progress I've made so far. Love the diet, love the workout plan, love the DOMS.... it's allllll goooooood
    That Meal 5 sounds soooooo good! Please let me know how it is when you try it. Yay for being creative!

Your numbers are going to be right where you want them! The hard work and dedication you put into your training and diet will be reflected tomorrow morning. But remember, the scale is not the end all and be all of this plan. How you look to yourself in the mirror and how you feel is...please keep that in mind!
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessFM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vhart07 View Post
    Jess, Wow, you are killing it! I've skimmed your log twice. I love reading it. You're so organized about everything!

Keep it up and thanks for the motivation. I'm definitely getting some great ideas from you... pb on ck... mmmmmm... definitely trying that this week!

I'm thinking about ordering Xtend. It sounds like a great product and I think I saw it on this site in a juicy apple flavor, which sounds good to me. Did your Vasocharge arrive? Sounds like you were drooling for it.

Speaking of drooling, your post workout shake... one word: yum!
    Order Xtend! Order Xtend!! The apple flavor is sooo good. I can't decide if I like the apple or watermelon more. Actually, you can't go wrong with any of the flavors.
    It's a *must* for a.m. fasted cardio and for sipping throughout the day to control hunger, or if you know that you'll need to go a little longer than usual without a meal.
    The Vasocharge came in last Tuesday, just in time for my 2nd workout

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    That Meal 5 sounds soooooo good! Please let me know how it is when you try it. Yay for being creative!

Your numbers are going to be right where you want them! The hard work and dedication you put into your training and diet will be reflected tomorrow morning. But remember, the scale is not the end all and be all of this plan. How you look to yourself in the mirror and how you feel is...please keep that in mind!
    That meal #5 is soooooooo good (bananas+pb+cottage cheese all whipped together). I'm really sad because I'm all out of bananas today and all of the grocery stores around are closed because of Easter!! aahhhh!!

My #'s are strange today... I think it's due to a lack of consistency with the calipers (my boyfriend does it for me and he doesn't really know where to take the measurements) and because my measuring tape sucks- I'm going to buy a better one this week.
    I have an Omron BF device, so I'm going to start using that as well. I've read that to get accuracy with it:
    1. take the measurement in 'female' mode
    2. take the measurement in 'male' mode
    3. take the average of both
    4. subtract 1
    (first thing in the morning of course). It's supposed to great accuracy.

But anyway, I'm happy with the pictures. and I feel leaner- so I'm not worried. I had some great DOMS all week long. Can't wait to get Derek's feedback.

================================================

Week 1 Stats

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 119 <--up 1lb from last week- could be water retention from addition of Vasocharge (creatine) or from my "monthly cycle"

Omron BF Measurement: 13.85%

The measurements showed no significant change, and I'm not sure how accurate they are, so I'm not going to bother posting them. I have attached pictures, though!

=================================================
    Attached Images

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 1 Stats

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 119 <--up 1lb from last week- could be water retention from addition of Vasocharge (creatine) or from my "monthly cycle"

Omron BF Measurement: 13.85%

The measurements showed no significant change, and I'm not sure how accurate they are, so I'm not going to bother posting them. I have attached pictures, though!

=================================================

You don't have to use the Omron as the final word on bodyfat. Just use to to gauge progress, that's what I do. If the #s go down, you're losing bodyfat. Who cares if they went from 33 - 30, that's obviously a loss. Know what I'm saying?

If you feel leaner, then you are leaner You look great! Some more muscle would look FAN-friggin-TASTIC on your (especially if you wanna be a figure competitor), but that's all in good time.

P.S. If you can decide if you like the apple or watermelon more...order both!
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

- Jillian Michaels -

You don't have to use the Omron as the final word on bodyfat. Just use to to gauge progress, that's what I do. If the #s go down, you're losing bodyfat. Who cares if they went from 33 - 30, that's obviously a loss. Know what I'm saying?

If you feel leaner, then you are leaner You look great! Some more muscle would look FAN-friggin-TASTIC on your (especially if you wanna be a figure competitor), but that's all in good time.

P.S. If you can decide if you like the apple or watermelon more...order both!
    I have the apple, watermelon, and grape.... some days I go crazy trying to decide which one I want more

Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great work jess, looking great! Don't sweat the scale #'s, got with your gut instinct.
    "I feel like your eye balling me dog. I don't like punk bitches eye balling me."

vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wow

Jess, you look absolutely awesome! Very lean... definitely prooves that proper nutrition goes a long way. Now, wait till you get more muscle on that bod!!! Awesome work-- very inspiring

PS No more hemming and hawing- I'm ordering Apple Xtend tonight!

Almost forgot to mentio... i laughed when you said you were stuck w/out bananas on Easter Sunday. I had the SAME problem! My dear husband used the last banana for one of his lame strawberry-banana shakes, which left my pb-banana-oat-egg white scramble banana-less! Grrrrrrrr!

Originally Posted by vhart07 View Post
    Almost forgot to mentio... i laughed when you said you were stuck w/out bananas on Easter Sunday. I had the SAME problem! My dear husband used the last banana for one of his lame strawberry-banana shakes, which left my pb-banana-oat-egg white scramble banana-less! Grrrrrrrr!
    banana problem solved! I stopped after work today

My boyfriend started his skydiving season yesterday- he's a competetive speed skydiver & currently holds the US speed record (okay, so i'm bragging, but I'm very proud of him ). He came home SOOOO happy and pumped up- it really made me want to be a competitor myself (figure of course... no skydiving for me!)- it was like renewed motivation, even though I never really lost mine to begin with

So this week I'm really focused on pushing myself...

Today's Exercise

Cardio

30 minutes of A.M. fasted cardio on the elliptical (sipping 2 scoops of watermelon Xtend)

3.57 miles

HR max: 154 (78%)
    HR avg: 138 (70%)

Lifting

Upper Body + Abs:

Flat DB Press (10x22.5)(10x22.5)(10x25)
    Seated Cable Row (9x60)(9x60)(10x60)

DB Shoulder Press (10x22.5)(10x22.5)(7x25)
    Lat Pulldowns (14x50)(9x60)(10x55)

Cable Pressdown (12x45)(10x55)(10x55)
    Cable Curl (10x25)(9x25)(9x25)

Lying Leg Raise (15)(20)(20)
    Incline Crunch (10)(15)(15) <-my abs were still a little sore, but i managed to push more incline crunches our than last week!

Today's Nutrition

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    4 tsp. almond butter

Meal 2
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. almond butter
    92g apple
    broccoli

Meal 3
    4 oz. chunk light tuna (water-packed))
    1TB Smart Balance Mayonnaise
    9g raw sunflower seeds
    99g orange (peeled)
    spinach

Meal 4
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    92g apple
    broccoli

Meal 5
    1/2 scoop (15g) ON 100% Whey (Double Chocolate)
    1/2 scoop (15g) ON 100% Casein (Creamy Vanilla)
    8 oz. skim milk
    40g oats
    15.8g honey
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    Total: 4 protein,4 carbs (starch), 2 fat

Today's Supplements
    6 Omega Complex

2 scoops watermelon Xtend during A.M. fasted cardio

2 scoops watermelon Xtend throughout the day

2 scoops apple Xtend + 1 serving Vasocharge 15-30 min. pre-lifting
    3 scoops apple Xtend during lifting

ON 100% Whey (Double Chocolate) + ON 100% Casein (Creamy Vanilla) in post-workout shake

Today's Hydration
    ~174 oz.

I really love cardio first thing in the morning. When my alarm went off this morning, I did NOT want to get out of bed- but I knew that a little sweat would make everything o.k... and it did. After my morning cardio, I feel refreshed, happy, energized. A perfect way to start the day

My lifting session was great- I really pushed myself and got great pumps. I was soooo excited and proud i of myself after my sets- I was jumping all around... so much energy! Vasocharge + Xtend does a body good!

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking Question........

Ola Jess! Nice workout!!

What time do you get up in the AM to do your cardio? I'm trying to get my lazy butt outta bed and do cardio before I leave for work too.... I'm hoping you'll reply back with some insanly early hour (like 4 or 5am) and that'll motivate me to do the same thing! LOL ... see.. I'm really just using you
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's so cool about your bf! It's definitely nice to surround yourself with other "competitors" and people with strong goals!

For your presses, do you have 22.5 lb dumbells? I've never seen those before but I could sure use them sometimes (ya know...when 20 is too light - 25 is too heavy!)

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    Ola Jess! Nice workout!!

What time do you get up in the AM to do your cardio? I'm trying to get my lazy butt outta bed and do cardio before I leave for work too.... I'm hoping you'll reply back with some insanly early hour (like 4 or 5am) and that'll motivate me to do the same thing! LOL ... see.. I'm really just using you

why thank you, Mo

I get up at 5:17, (I'm weird- I need to wake up at an odd time- can't be 5:16 or 5:18). I'm out of the house by 5:30ish and I make it to work in record time (no traffic that early). I use the gym at my work, so it's very convenient!
    If I'm super-tired the night before, I set my alarm 10 min later (10 min! oh wow! haha).

I go to bed at 9:30- early, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Originally Posted by KDStrong View Post
    That's so cool about your bf! It's definitely nice to surround yourself with other "competitors" and people with strong goals!

For your presses, do you have 22.5 lb dumbells? I've never seen those before but I could sure use them sometimes (ya know...when 20 is too light - 25 is too heavy!)
    yes, my gym has 22.5lb DBs... very convenient!!

It's nice that he's a competitor- it makes him appreciate my goals a little more. Sometimes he thinks I'm going a bit too crazy, but then I just remind him about his skydiving and he understands

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    why thank you, Mo

I get up at 5:17, (I'm weird- I need to wake up at an odd time- can't be 5:16 or 5:18). I'm out of the house by 5:30ish and I make it to work in record time (no traffic that early). I use the gym at my work, so it's very convenient!
    If I'm super-tired the night before, I set my alarm 10 min later (10 min! oh wow! haha).

YOU DID IT!! That's it! You've inspired me! AM cardio it is for this gal!
    I agree it's a fantastic way to start the day. Thanks Jess! I owe you one. Kill it tomorrow! Oh.. how r the pullups coming??

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    YOU DID IT!! That's it! You've inspired me! AM cardio it is for this gal!
    I agree it's a fantastic way to start the day. Thanks Jess! I owe you one. Kill it tomorrow! Oh.. how r the pullups coming??
    Well I attempted a pullup with my arms out in front (a traditional pullup that uses more bicep) and I couldn't do one
    Yesterday I had some pulldowns in the routine so I didn't want to mess with those by trying a wide-grip pullup. I will try one this week! I promise!!

Hell yes for A.M. cardio!!! I think I'd hate cardio any other time of the day- after a long day of work and after a tiring lifting session, who wants to run?! When my alarm goes off at 5:17, I always want to go back to bed, but I'd have to get up in 45min anyway for work- so I suck it up.
    Just came into my office after my morning run and I am SO pumped up and ready to go

Hell yes for A.M. cardio!!! I think I'd hate cardio any other time of the day- after a long day of work and after a tiring lifting session, who wants to run?! When my alarm goes off at 5:17, I always want to go back to bed, but I'd have to get up in 45min anyway for work- so I suck it up.
    Just came into my office after my morning run and I am SO pumped up and ready to go
    I actualy feel UBER leaner when I do cardio in the evening. Maybe it's just a mental thing. I also read that a scientific study was done on cockroaches and swimmers and it comfirmed that LEARNING is better in the morning, but PERFORMANCE is better in the late afternoon-evening.

But I still do fasted cardio, and you're right, it's friggin' awesome! You are going to be the bestest figure girl EVER!

- Jillian Michaels -

I actualy feel UBER leaner when I do cardio in the evening. Maybe it's just a mental thing. I also read that a scientific study was done on cockroaches and swimmers and it comfirmed that LEARNING is better in the morning, but PERFORMANCE is better in the late afternoon-evening.

But I still do fasted cardio, and you're right, it's friggin' awesome! You are going to be the bestest figure girl EVER!
    I think my productivity at work has shot way up since I joined the gym at work... I come in with SO much energy and I no longer consider calling in sick because i think "but then I can't do my A.M. fasted cardio!!!" (even though I could just as easily go to my "evening" gym for cardio)

double gym-dues, but to me, it's so worth it.

totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why thank you, Mo

holy crap - i get up at 4:11 for the same reason...i cant get up at even times...
    reppin the dirty jerz 201

dont live with frustration
    ive learned through years of patience
    your day will come.

Originally Posted by totalrookie View Post
    holy crap - i get up at 4:11 for the same reason...i cant get up at even times...
    haha... good to know I'm not the only weirdo out there

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    yes, my gym has 22.5lb DBs... very convenient!!

It's nice that he's a competitor- it makes him appreciate my goals a little more. Sometimes he thinks I'm going a bit too crazy, but then I just remind him about his skydiving and he understands
    Following a strict diet or jumpping out of a plane thousands of feet in the area, which one is more crazy...Hmm... LOL.

You are doing great Jess!

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Following a strict diet or jumpping out of a plane thousands of feet in the area, which one is more crazy...Hmm... LOL.

You are doing great Jess!
    Thanks, Beast! That means a lot- coming from "the teacher"

Not only does he jump out of the plane, but he goes head-first at about 280mph! crazy! Again, this is all a great reminder for him when he gives me crap about not drinking alcohol or following my strict eating schedule!

Oh hell yes! Just back from the gym and feeling GOOOOOOOOOOD

Today's Exercise

Cardio

30 minutes of A.M. fasted cardio on the elliptical (sipping 2 scoops of Xtend)

3.64 miles

HR max: 154 (78%)
    HR avg: 140 (71%)

Lifting

Lower Body:

Squats: (10x75)(9x85)(10x85)
    Seated Calf Raise: (20x50)(17x75)(14x85)

Stiff Leg Deadlift: (10x95)(10x95)(10x95)
    Standing Calf Raise: (60x70)(60x70)(60x70) <-the standing calf machine was taken, so I held onto 2-35lb plates and did 20 regular, 20 inside, 20 outside raises for each set

Abductor: (12x145)(11x150)(10x155)
    Adductor: (10x145)(10x145)(9x150)

DB Lunges: (10x22.5)(12x22.5)(12x22.5) <-walking lunges with 2-22.5lb DBs

Today's Nutrition

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    4 tsp. almond butter

Meal 2 <-- went out to eat with my coworkers
    Romaine lettuce
    ~1TB Caesar dressing
    ~4oz grilled chicken

Meal 3
    64g banana
    4 tsp. peanut butter

Meal 4
    4oz. lean ground turkey
    1TB Smart Balance Mayonnaise
    8.6g raw almonds
    92g apple
    broccoli

Meal 5
    8 oz. skim milk
    40g oats
    15.8g honey
    4 tsp. peanut butter

Today's Supplements
    6 Natrol Omega Complex
    2 GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active Multi

2 scoops watermelon Xtend during A.M. fasted cardio

3 scoops Xtend throughout the day

2 scoops grape Xtend + 1 serving Vasocharge 15-30 min. pre-lifting

ON 100% Whey (Double Chocolate) + ON 100% Casein (Creamy Vanilla) in post-workout shake

Today's Hydration
    ~1.5 gallons

Eating out for lunch was a bit nerve-wracking... I looked at the menu ahead of time and STILL couldn't decide what to order when I got there. I think I went for a safe meal, although I may have under-ate.... I was just so nervous about eating TOO MUCH.

I crossed another line into the bodybuilding world today... I brought a gallon of water into work. I figure it's a much easier way of measuring how much water I drink per day, and it's much easier to put a few scoops of Xtend in there... better than adding it to my 20oz. shaker.

DB Lunges: (10x22.5)(12x22.5)(12x22.5) <-walking lunges with 2-22.5lb DBs.
    Hun, your numbers TRUMP mine! CRAZY! WELL DONE LADY!

Eating out for lunch was a bit nerve-wracking... I looked at the menu ahead of time and STILL couldn't decide what to order when I got there. I think I went for a safe meal, although I may have under-ate.... I was just so nervous about eating TOO MUCH.
    Stress is the worst possible thing you could feel. The more you stress, the more you stall your progress. Just go with the flow babe. Find something you're interested...but DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!

I crossed another line into the bodybuilding world today... I brought a gallon of water into work.
    Uh-oh...you're turning into one of us....

- Jillian Michaels -

Hun, your numbers TRUMP mine! CRAZY! WELL DONE LADY!

Stress is the worst possible thing you could feel. The more you stress, the more you stall your progress. Just go with the flow babe. Find something you're interested...but DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!

Uh-oh...you're turning into one of us....
    I LOVE finishing leg day with walking lunges- it completely kills my legs and makes me feel so accomplished!

I think it's in my blood... my dad and his twin brother were both competitive bodybuilders

I try not to stress about eating out- I know that rationally, one meal isn't going to kill my progress... but it's hard in the moment!

"Mar 26, 2008 - 6:39 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery - NORTHBOROUGH, MA"

I love when FedEx brings me bodybuilding.com orders I have some more Vasocharge, some Primaforce CLA, some fish oil, and some Primaforce CreaForm (that last one's for my boyfriend) coming my way.... yesssssssss

... and even though I have 3 tubs of Xtend, I odly feel like I'm running low and need to stock up- addicted? maybe

"Mar 26, 2008 - 6:39 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery - NORTHBOROUGH, MA"

I love when FedEx brings me bodybuilding.com orders I have some more Vasocharge, some Primaforce CLA, some fish oil, and some Primaforce CreaForm (that last one's for my boyfriend) coming my way.... yesssssssss

... and even though I have 3 tubs of Xtend, I odly feel like I'm running low and need to stock up- addicted? maybe
    LOL. I hear ya. I don't feel satisfied until I have at least ONE of EVERY Xtend flavour!!

Today's Exercise

Cardio

HIIT (sipping 2 scoops of watermelon Xtend)
    5 min warmup
    15-20 seconds of all out, 40-45 seconds of recovery (depending on my "all out" time)... repeated 15 times
    followed by 20 minutes of steady-state cardio

HR max: 169 (86%)
    HR avg: 146 (74%)

Today's Nutrition

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    4 tsp. almond butter

Meal 2
    4 oz. lean ground turkey
    1 TB Smart Balance mayonnaise
    8.6g raw almonds
    99g orange (peeled)
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 3
    8oz. fat free cottage cheese
    64g banana (peeled)
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 4
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    99g orange (peeled)
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 5
    184g strawberries
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    1 TB sugar free Sweet N' Low chocolate sauce (mmmm... forgot I had this)

Today's Supplements
    6 Natrol Omega Complex

2 scoops watermelon Xtend during A.M. HIIT

Today's Hydration
    ~1 gallon

HELL YES for HIIT! Love it!

My leg-day DOMS are setting in ... I lift at night, so it usually takes until the following evening for me to really feel it. And I think the HIIT really forced it on me.

I was researching my Dad and his twin today, trying to find record of their competitions- with not much luck... but I did come across an old 2006 thread about Jay Cutler that mentions my uncle as one of Worcester's "great"- I thought that was pretty cool. Jay is from Worcester, MA and lifted at the Gold's Gym there... that's where my uncle lifted (may still... I don't know... I'm not in contact with him anymore)

off to watch some Sopranos- my boyfriend downloaded season 6 part 2 so we're finally getting to see how it all ended. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!! We're still a few episodes from the end!!
    Team Scivation Athlete

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106528341

KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) KDStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Today's Exercise

Cardio

HIIT (sipping 2 scoops of watermelon Xtend)
    5 min warmup
    15-20 seconds of all out, 40-45 seconds of recovery (depending on my "all out" time)... repeated 15 times
    followed by 20 minutes of steady-state cardio

HR max: 169 (86%)
    HR avg: 146 (74%)

Today's Nutrition

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    4 tsp. almond butter

Meal 2
    4 oz. lean ground turkey
    1 TB Smart Balance mayonnaise
    8.6g raw almonds
    99g orange (peeled)
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 3
    64g banana (peeled)
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 4
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    99g orange (peeled)
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 5
    184g strawberries
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    1 TB sugar free Sweet N' Low chocolate sauce (mmmm... forgot I had this)

Today's Supplements
    6 Natrol Omega Complex

2 scoops watermelon Xtend during A.M. HIIT

Today's Hydration
    ~1 gallon

HELL YES for HIIT! Love it!

My leg-day DOMS are setting in ... I lift at night, so it usually takes until the following evening for me to really feel it. And I think the HIIT really forced it on me.

I was researching my Dad and his twin today, trying to find record of their competitions- with not much luck... but I did come across an old 2006 thread about Jay Cutler that mentions my uncle as one of Worcester's "great"- I thought that was pretty cool. Jay is from Worcester, MA and lifted at the Gold's Gym there... that's where my uncle lifted (may still... I don't know... I'm not in contact with him anymore)

off to watch some Sopranos- my boyfriend downloaded season 6 part 2 so we're finally getting to see how it all ended. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!! We're still a few episodes from the end!!

Gotta love them DOMS! That's neat about your uncle!

Today's Exercise

Cardio

35 minutes of A.M. fasted cardio on the elliptical (sipping 3 scoops of watermelon Xtend)

3.57 miles

HR max: 152 (77%)
    HR avg: 142 (72%)

Lifting

Upper Body

Incline DB Press: (12x25)(8x27.5)(10x27.5)
    V-Bar Cable Row: (9x65)(9x65)(9x65)

DB Side Lateral: (10x10)(10x10)[(10x10)(7.7.5)] <--7.5's to bring me to failure
    V-Bar Lateral Pulldown: (10x60)(10x60)(9x65)

Reverse Grip Pressdown: (11x50)(10x55)[(10x55)(8x45)] <--45's to bring me to failure
    Reverse Cable Curl: (9x35)(10x35)(10x35)

Back Extension: (15x25)(20x25)(15x30)
    Torso Twist: (on incline bench w/ 8lb ball): 15 each side for 3 sets

Today's Nutrition

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    4 tsp. almond butter

Meal 2
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    92g apple
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 3
    64g banana
    4 tsp peanut butter
    1TB sugar-free Sweet N' Low chocolate syrup

Meal 4
    4 oz. chicken breast
    4 tsp. peanut butter
    184g grapefruit
    broccoli & asparagus

Meal 5
    8 oz. 2% milk
    40g oats
    15.8g honey
    2 tsp. peanut butter

Today's Supplements
    3 NOW Ultra Omega-3 Fish Oils
    3 Primaforce CLA
    2 GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active Multis

3 scoops watermelon Xtend during A.M. fasted cardio
    3 scoops watermelon Xtend throughout the day
    2 scoops grape Xtend + 1 serving Vasocharge 15-30 min. pre-lifting

Today's Hydration
    ~1.5 gallons

Today was my first day with the fish oil/CLA combo- it came in the mail yesterday. Previously, I was taking 6 Natrol Omega-3 Complex (a fish/borage/flax combo), but I ran out and it was too costly to keep taking 6 per day.

I'm very happy about my incline DB press tonight- last week I could barely push out 10 reps with the 25lb-ers, but tonight I managed to do 2 sets with 27.5 Next week: 30's!

But I'm NOT happy with my milk situation! I'm used to Garelick Farms' milk colors- their skim milk has a yellow label, 1% has a blue label, 2% has a green label. For some reason, at the grocery store yesterday, I went for Hood and took the yellow bottle, not really paying attention to the label- stupid Hood gives their 2% milk a yellow label! So I had to sacrifice 2tsp of my beloved peanut butter in my PWO drink for my stupid 2% milk! But it was still delicious
    Team Scivation Athlete

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106528341

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast