daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation How to lengthen my biceps

I would like to have exercices to lengthen my biceps. Because my biceps is too short and I wants to lengthen it

not realy ''lengthen'' it... but its beacause i got a place on my biceps that is not train enough i think...
    i have a place to fill near my elbow

P.S : sory if my english suck :S
    Last edited by daniel_d; 03-15-2008 at 08:00 AM.

MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MedicineWheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daniel_d View Post
    I would like to have exercices to lengthen my biceps. Because my biceps is too short and I wants to lengthen it

Sorry, short of tearing them and having a surgeon miraculously re-attach them in a way that made them longer (which has never been done, so dont try it), you cant change the length of your muscle bellies, no matter what so and so said in whatever magazine. It cant be done.

tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MedicineWheel View Post
    Sorry, short of tearing them and having a surgeon miraculously re-attach them in a way that made them longer (which has never been done, so dont try it), you cant change the length of your muscle bellies, no matter what so and so said in whatever magazine. It cant be done.
    x2, unfortunately.
    Dream in light-years,
    Challenge miles,
    Walk, step by step

"I did basic 3x5 workout and got good strength and size gains, so now I'm doing high volume"-Anon

Beginners:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112574351

Bango's Arnold/Park thread:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112649251

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)

not realy ''lengthen'' it... but its beacause i got a place on my biceps that is not train enough i think...

I think if you focus on stuff hammer-curls on an incline and reverse curls you can get what you are after.

As previously stated, it's common thought that you can't lengthen a bicep, it's genetics, but you can sure as hell fill in the gaps to get as close as possible to your goal.

daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_d is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thx Alot dude !!

And by the way I have found this link on lower biceps Go see this its CRAZY!

http://www.larryscott.com/bio/newsletter/97summer_1.cfm

schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50) schweefy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pawn your biceps for new ones.

Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Why are you guys saying you can't lengthen a muscle? All you have to do is stretch it, but I would be careful of stretching muscles past their natural length because it could possibly cause imbalances and injury. Biceps may be hard to lengthen unless they are already tight.

ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Carmen0857 View Post
    Why are you guys saying you can't lengthen a muscle? All you have to do is stretch it, but I would be careful of stretching muscles past their natural length because it could possibly cause imbalances and injury. Biceps may be hard to lengthen unless they are already tight.
    To a certain point you can stretch the fascia and help increase roundness of a muscle but you simply can not change where it attaches. Short biceps are often times more likely to peak well so it isn't like its a lost cause here.
    www.intense muscle.com The Official site for Doggcrapp Training

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is evidence you can add to the length of a muscle. The mechanism is there. The transition from muscle to tendon is not distinct, there are transition cell types, that apparently can change their qualities.

The question is "how (best technique)" and "how much". That is the controversy.

Research and anecdote point to resistance in the stretched position and/or stretching. Essentially, sarcomeres are created to maintain the length/tension relationship optimization for a given activity.

OP, try incline hammer curls. If anything works, these will.

Don't expect radical change; and the effort/result ratio might be very high.

But give it a shot and see what happens.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think its mostly genetics too but from personal experience I think alot of hammer curls and reverse curls in variation has worked for me to an extent. Incorporate them into you bicep routine and perhaps they'll grow more towards your elbow. This was a huge problem for me my first year of training.

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You can give the illusion of a longer bicep. Preacher curl works the bicep more at the insertion down by the elbow. Start your bi workout with preacher curls. Also, stretch after every set. Stretching will not only lengthen the muscle but help in overall growth by stretching the muscle facia.
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJ1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see this is an old thread, but I've been doing some research on this particular subject lately. A lot of good points were brought up here, but he one thing I'm surprised that has not been mentioned yet is to do the FULL repetition of the exercise. Allowing your arm to straighten out to it's full length.

Yes, you are limited to your genetic build, but you can maximize your length by not trying to cheat the exercise. "Do the exercise, not the weight." Use a weight you can successfully rep and this will also allow you to reach your maximum bicep length. I see way too many guys in the gym trying to curl big weight, but they never let their arms straighten out. They have tall, but not long biceps because of it.
    "You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction."

Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erikpdx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by michaelj1977 View Post
    i see this is an old thread, but i've been doing some research on this particular subject lately. A lot of good points were brought up here, but he one thing i'm surprised that has not been mentioned yet is to do the full repetition of the exercise. Allowing your arm to straighten out to it's full length.

Yes, you are limited to your genetic build, but you can maximize your length by not trying to cheat the exercise. "do the exercise, not the weight." use a weight you can successfully rep and this will also allow you to reach your maximum bicep length. I see way too many guys in the gym trying to curl big weight, but they never let their arms straighten out. They have tall, but not long biceps because of it.
    + 1

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And by the way I have found this link on lower biceps Go see this its CRAZY!

http://www.larryscott.com/bio/newsletter/97summer_1.cfm
    Looks like he knows what he’s talking about, those arms look as good as Arnies back in his prime.

Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!