scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

how to increase vascularity?

I need help increasing my vascularity, I have somehwat veins but it only apears when I workout or when im hot, how do I increase this so I get them constant?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scythiss1 View Post
    I need help increasing my vascularity, I have somehwat veins but it only apears when I workout or when im hot, how do I increase this so I get them constant?
    Besides the obvious body composition change (lowering body fat percentage), body temperature & blood flow increase, isometrics & flexing, carbs & hydration, and improving overall conditioning.

Nevertheless, vascularity has a lot to do with genetics.
    Last edited by in10city; 03-15-2008 at 02:02 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Medellin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely agree with the above. IMHO lowering your body fat % is one of the most important factors in vascularity.
    Adapt, Migrate, or Perish.

Driven From Within.

damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50) damnglass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
    Definitely agree with the above. IMHO lowering your body fat % is one of the most important factors in vascularity.
    at low bf if you carb up and trhen work out you should be fairly vasulcar.

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    It'll never happen unless you have low bf. Usually nobody complains about lack of vascularity once they're under 10%.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm pretty vascular when my arms are warm and I'm around 23-24% bodyfat now. It makes me wonder how I'll look once I reach sub 10% bodyfat.

The one thing I want is that fat vein that runs up your bicep once you get lean enough.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rexy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Duretics help, but thats only if you have a compititon, or your desperate lol

DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DsDhBxracer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some people are definitely just vascular, but I think just like seeing your muscles it depends on your body fat. I've lost about 14lbs thus far and I'm starting to notice new veins coming out, and old ones are bigger. Just my 2 cents.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106396661
    1/1/08 5'11" 211lbs Body Fat Percentage Around 21%
    6/23/08 185lbs 14% Bodyfat
    Deadlift: 385x1
    Weighted Pull Up: 40x3
    Clean and Jerk: 170x1
    Clean: 195x1
    One Arm DB Snatch: 85x4
    BJJ Blue Belt

Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rootoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Genetics + fat loss.

My dad doesn't work out but he's vascular as hell on his arms.

People ask me if its healthy to have forearms like mine....
    Word.

Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My older brother says dropping dairy out of the diet increases vascularity. He went out for Mr. Miami and was pretty impressive. I figure he'd know a thing or two.
    Bodybuilders are just a bunch of posers.

Now_____________________Goal
    Squat: 285x1_____________320x1
    DL: 345x1 _______________405x1
    Bench: 245x1_____________275x1
    Arms: 15"______________16"
    Total 905________________1000

scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Besides the obvious body composition change (lowering body fat percentage), body temperature & blood flow increase, isometrics & flexing, carbs & hydration, and improving overall conditioning.

Nevertheless, vascularity has a lot to do with genetics.
    So that means drinking water would help right? I have a high bf% I would say 17-18% and I still have veins very little but when I workout I get tons or when my body is very heated

and thanks everyone for the help
    Last edited by scythiss1; 03-15-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Shawn87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawn87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hmmm

Question here guys.... Maybe its because im a big guy still maybe its not. Why do you want more veins to show? Is it just to prove you have less fat and large masses of muscle or somthing else? Its somthing i dont understand. Insight guys!?

alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shawn87 View Post
    Question here guys.... Maybe its because im a big guy still maybe its not. Why do you want more veins to show? Is it just to prove you have less fat and large masses of muscle or somthing else? Its somthing i dont understand. Insight guys!?

I think it's a personal prefrence. Personally I like it, some don't, I think the OP just wants to have more visable veins. Looks great and feels great to have new one's appear, tells me that my hard work is paying off.
    ~Alika
    My goals:
    185lbs
    15% BF
    20" Arms

Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ugabuga will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

Originally Posted by Shawn87 View Post
    when i was overweight, i also did find veins disgusting to look at. I liked my puffy soft arms and stuff. But once i started working out and startd to lose weight, its great and exciting feeling to get them.

offcourse i still dont like that EXTREME veiny look that prof bodybuilders have. but a little is pretty nice.

yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yesprime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uh guys, how come nobody has mentioned the most important thing? Personally, I'm not at all convinced genetics have anything to do with it. I don't believe there are strong genetic variations in depth of veins.

The big thing I'm talking about is simple old blood pressure. I personally have very low blood pressure (which is actually very good for you), and for the most part only see the outline of my biceps veins, if at all. They, and veins all over my shoulders and chest become visible when I'm lifting, but that's exactly because I'm increasing the blood pressure.

I had a teacher in college with a giant belly, no muscles, but very prominent always-on forearm vein definition. That's probably because he's a caffeine/sugar freak and has his blood pressure constantly high.

A healthy well-defined person wouldn't be busting out highly defined veins all the time, that's not a sign of good health. To increase definition temporarily, what you can do is get a good pump in the underlying muscles - that makes them swell up with blood and naturally gets more flow going through the veins.

mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikethe3dguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yesprime, I think you're exactly right about blood pressure. It's just simple fluid dynamics. As water pressure is turned up on a faucet connected to a garden hose, the hose gets firmer and firmer. Probably the genetics comes into play here though: there is a large genetic component to blood pressure. I myself have genetically very low blood pressure - if I stand up from a chair too quickly I can get dizzy! I tend not to be very vascular, though that is changing a bit as the fat comes off.
    Last edited by mikethe3dguy; 03-15-2008 at 05:52 PM.

alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alika55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yesprime View Post
    Uh guys, how come nobody has mentioned the most important thing? Personally, I'm not at all convinced genetics have anything to do with it. I don't believe there are strong genetic variations in depth of veins.

The big thing I'm talking about is simple old blood pressure. I personally have very low blood pressure (which is actually very good for you), and for the most part only see the outline of my biceps veins, if at all. They, and veins all over my shoulders and chest become visible when I'm lifting, but that's exactly because I'm increasing the blood pressure.

I had a teacher in college with a giant belly, no muscles, but very prominent always-on forearm vein definition. That's probably because he's a caffeine/sugar freak and has his blood pressure constantly high.

A healthy well-defined person wouldn't be busting out highly defined veins all the time, that's not a sign of good health. To increase definition temporarily, what you can do is get a good pump in the underlying muscles - that makes them swell up with blood and naturally gets more flow going through the veins.

Genetics have something to do with it too. I have veins poping out in my bicepts but my blood pressure is normal (very low blood pressure is bad for you btw). I've heard that vascularity is based on 2 things: BF and genetics. If you are lucky to have the genetics and have a low BF, kudo's to you. Otherwise I guess even low BF doesn't help if you got the 'wrong' genes.
    ~Alika
    My goals:
    185lbs
    15% BF
    20" Arms

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by yesprime View Post

I've had a very prominent and bold, thick vein along my right bicep and it's been there since I was a small child - longggg before working out. Same with my anterior deltoid veins that go down to my forearms. I have low blood pressure too.