Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I loved reading these. I came up about the same time as you… but in Calgary. So the Southerns were our show. Had all those types of big personalities too - along with the deaths that came with them.

I still keep in touch with a lot of the guys, and am proud that so many of them got their pro cards. I always hoped Big Ron, from your neck of the woods, would get his card… but it looks like he may have to snag it in the Masters.

either way, great, fun stories. Really brought back memories.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow!

This would make a great film or t.v show at least!

You write really well Brian.. thanks for sharing
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Great story. "I'm just looking for a reason."
    He really said that.
    I'll never forget it.
    Spawn of evil that one is.

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Well done, Brian. This is a piece of work.

Happy New Year...and write that book about it all. I'd buy it.
    This for the people, free.
    No corporation will own nor corrupt my Tales.

This thread was my 1st attempt at writing, a test, and the posters in here did not discourage but encouraged. So I continued.
    I appreciate a legit author's applause, it is appreciated J.

Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Well , that was riveting. Although sorry to hear about the end . Thx for this thread. The beginning reminded me of my youth when every lift was an adventure and there was no end to my energy or enthusiasm.
    Thank-you.
    I didn't think this would be interesting at the start and had to test the waters.

I sat here yesterday, the 1st day of 2014, and lived in another time and let it flow.
    ALL day, it just flowed. When I was done it was like waking up...only I had finished something imo, that was quite remarkable.

My brother, tap into that youthful energy and never lose it! The world is still a wonder as is what we are capable of in the gym.

Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    So what happened to robert the loan shark?
    I do not really know.
    I think he's dead.
    He was older at the time and add another 18 years or so onto that plus his lifestyle of drinking (hence the red face n the description)...I'm sure he's dead.
    I hope he's dead.-srs

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Great read, Brian. Glad you made it out alive.
    Me too.
    and then than my stint with the Gh releaser, I never touched any of the sh*t they did.

Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    I loved reading these. I came up about the same time as you… but in Calgary. So the Southerns were our show. Had all those types of big personalities too - along with the deaths that came with them.

I still keep in touch with a lot of the guys, and am proud that so many of them got their pro cards. I always hoped Big Ron, from your neck of the woods, would get his card… but it looks like he may have to snag it in the Masters.

either way, great, fun stories. Really brought back memories.
    and you would be my random proof that I did not just pull all of this out of a hat.
    This place, these people, and these things did exist and I'm sure you know some of whom I'm talking about.

Ron Partlow bridesmaid in the Canada's I think 5 times;

He trains at the same gym the 'Factory used to be, HardCore.

I've run into a few former members of the 'Factory, none of them ever competed though, and that's ok.
    I'm still very good friends with Al. The old guy recently competed in a drug tested bb'ing show and placed in the top 5, beating guys 1/2-3/4 of his age.
    He's 78.

Thank-you and I'm glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    Wow!

This would make a great film or t.v show at least!

You write really well Brian.. thanks for sharing
    Thank-you for reading.

I'm not sure about a film or tv show, nor even a book.
    It's free, it's finished, and it's right here.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    This was a great read, Brian.

Brought back distant memories of three different gyms where I formerly trained, each of them great places at one time, each of them falling on financial/managerial/legal troubles too, and subsequently closing down.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just finished reading that entire story.
    Totally enthralling!
    Couldn't stop.
    Your good with words, bro.
    Thank you for sharing the great stories.
    When you were talking about puking, it made me think about maxing the run on my PT test. I did it, but I also walked 10 yards from the finish line, doubled over and started puking.
    You make me want to work harder.
    Thanks, again for sharing.

Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradley318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BTW, it would always be cool to hear more...

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Loved the whole story Brian. A great read is when the writer makes you feel like you are part of the story and become immersed in it. You did exactly that, made me feel like I knew the characters, knew the gym and had trained there. Thanks for the effort you put into it. Really enjoyed it.
    pick it up and put it down

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great additions Brian
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great read, thanks for taking the time to share.
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Being from Calgary this is a very interesting read on some back history of the world was during those times.

Thanks for sharing.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This was a great read, Brian.

Brought back distant memories of three different gyms where I formerly trained, each of them great places at one time, each of them falling on financial/managerial/legal troubles too, and subsequently closing down.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    The same ironwill I quoted about the middle of this Tale, check his sig

Thank-you Will.

You also had a mentor...to which of those gyms did he belong?
    Did he train at other gyms with you?

I never joined a privately owned gym since, I stuck with the gyms run by the city and now go to a large corporate gym that is in no danger of screwing me nor my gym mates.
    I also never learned a fukkin' thing from any of the members at any of them.

It seems that once money becomes part of something good it goes south real fast.

Originally Posted by Bradley318 View Post
    I just finished reading that entire story.
    Totally enthralling!
    Couldn't stop.
    Your good with words, bro.
    Thank you for sharing the great stories.
    When you were talking about puking, it made me think about maxing the run on my PT test. I did it, but I also walked 10 yards from the finish line, doubled over and started puking.
    You make me want to work harder.
    Thanks, again for sharing.
    No, thank-you for reading!
    If I stirred something up inside of you to train harder it is I who is honored.
    Remember...it is part of you, it is you...now my brother, go get what is yours.

Originally Posted by Bradley318 View Post
    BTW, it would always be cool to hear more...
    It is not planned but it is not out of the question.

Originally Posted by jeffaus View Post
    Loved the whole story Brian. A great read is when the writer makes you feel like you are part of the story and become immersed in it. You did exactly that, made me feel like I knew the characters, knew the gym and had trained there. Thanks for the effort you put into it. Really enjoyed it.
    Again, thank-you for reading and allowing me to take you to a different place and time.
    This is my 1st foray into non-academic writing and it is nice to see it has been well received.

It was my pleasure writing this-really.

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
    Great additions Brian
    Thank-you J.
    I have met you irl, trained with you, and you've lent me your ear during trying times.
    I am in your debt.

Originally Posted by jonnyboy44 View Post
    Great read, thanks for taking the time to share.
    Thank-you for reading and your post.

Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Being from Calgary this is a very interesting read on some back history of the world was during those times.

Thanks for sharing.
    As my e-bud ironwill told me once, "different, but not better".
    It was my pleasure my fellow Albertan.

I went out of town a little under a week ago and this thread was sitting @ about 10k views.
    It's now over 12k.

I recognize this is a unique thread on bb.com, if you've taken the time to read it and have anything to comment on, questions, critique, etc. I urge you to post.
    I do not know how long this will be stickied for and in this day and age of "TLDR" I do indeed welcome your replies.

Stay strong, lift hard, and never give up.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    You also had a mentor...to which of those gyms did he belong?
    Did he train at other gyms with you?
    He managed/owned the first gym I ever joined; this was after bungling around on my own in a makeshift home gym for my first 8 months or so. I was there for about two years, and then he fell on financial problems (due to issues in his personal life, I believe). He abruptly closed the gym and moved away. I've never seen or heard of him since; that was 18-19 years ago.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    He managed/owned the first gym I ever joined; this was after bungling around on my own in a makeshift home gym for my first 8 months or so. I was there for about two years, and then he fell on financial problems (due to issues in his personal life, I believe). He abruptly closed the gym and moved away. I've never seen or heard of him since; that was 18-19 years ago.
    Damn, just like Kevin.
    My empathy losing your mentor like that.
    After reading that I am even more grateful I had the chance to meet up with him again to get the complete story.

Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evilin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good stories

RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RukusNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kind of funny, i have been thinking recently that i need to read more, as i used to. You know, actual literature, books, not just forums and online stuff etc. Yet, the one thing i have stumbled across that i found totally enthralling from start to end was posted on a forum. Now the challenge, where do i find more of this, something that i enjoy, that actually engages me and stimulates my senses. Amazing story and very well written. Are you sure you have no more tales to tell?

Better than you turbodiesel_kai's Avatar
    turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow, I just read the first 2 pages of this thread (i'm on 40 post per page), and it was thoroughly entertaining while also reminding me of those days. Ironically, I also belonged to a gym, a true bodybuilding gym, called the Fitness Factory back in the mid and late 90s. Same atmosphere, same cast of characters with different names. I'm going to read the last 2 pages when I get back later on.

Thanks for your time OP.
    Squat 525, 495x5
    DL 495x5
    Bench 405x2 , 365x8, 335x11
    Standing overhead presses 225x8
    Seated shoulder presses 225x13

Originally Posted by Evilin View Post
    good stories
    Thank-you!

Originally Posted by RukusNZ View Post
    Kind of funny, i have been thinking recently that i need to read more, as i used to. You know, actual literature, books, not just forums and online stuff etc. Yet, the one thing i have stumbled across that i found totally enthralling from start to end was posted on a forum. Now the challenge, where do i find more of this, something that i enjoy, that actually engages me and stimulates my senses. Amazing story and very well written. Are you sure you have no more tales to tell?
    I understand where you're coming from.
    The compliments are much appreciated.
    Unfortunately there is no where else to find this, one of the reasons I wrote it.
    Me paying it forward to all the newbs I can't actually train with.

I'm thinking about it...
    Thank-you.

Originally Posted by turbodiesel_kai View Post
    Wow, I just read the first 2 pages of this thread (i'm on 40 post per page), and it was thoroughly entertaining while also reminding me of those days. Ironically, I also belonged to a gym, a true bodybuilding gym, called the Fitness Factory back in the mid and late 90s. Same atmosphere, same cast of characters with different names. I'm going to read the last 2 pages when I get back later on.

Thanks for your time OP.
    Perhaps not a coincidence.
    Take a look at your user title and then mine, same meaning just different words/symbols.
    You're freaking me out!

You're very welcome and thanks for reading!

I went out of town a little under a week ago and this thread was sitting @ about 10k views.
    It's now over 12k.

I recognize this is a unique thread on bb.com, if you've taken the time to read it and have anything to comment on, questions, critique, etc. I urge you to post.
    I do not know how long this will be stickied for and in this day and age of "TLDR" I do indeed welcome your replies.

Stay strong, lift hard, and never give up.
    5 months later and we're at 16,020 views.
    +4,000 views with only 3 posts not by the OP.

If you love it, hate it, or whatever do not hesitate to post
    it might help this remain a sticky for longer.

Thank-you all.

Better than you turbodiesel_kai's Avatar
    turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000) turbodiesel_kai is a name known to all. (+5000)

Perhaps not a coincidence.
    Take a look at your user title and then mine, same meaning just different words/symbols.
    You're freaking me out!

You're very welcome and thanks for reading!

Whoa that is weird!
    Squat 525, 495x5
    DL 495x5
    Bench 405x2 , 365x8, 335x11
    Standing overhead presses 225x8
    Seated shoulder presses 225x13

marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcinanddawid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like your story. Thanks

5 months later and we're at 16,020 views.
    +4,000 views with only 3 posts not by the OP.

If you love it, hate it, or whatever do not hesitate to post
    it might help this remain a sticky for longer.

Thank-you all.
    Now over 20k views in less time than the above post.

and the invitation still stands.

If you read it, please post your thoughts
    you never know what kinda gift you'll receive in your user CP.

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Now over 20k views in less time than the above post.

and the invitation still stands.

If you read it, please post your thoughts
    you never know what kinda gift you'll receive in your user CP.
    IN great read! Sounds crazy back than. Appreciate the thread.
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great writing. Thanks for sharing.

koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome read! I felt like I was there...
    My story is similar, at 17 I had a buddy that wanted to work out so he went and talked to the owner of a local gym. He agreed to let us work out for free if we cleaned up the equipment and the change rooms at the end of the night.
    He made a split routine up for us and showed us how to use every machine and lift properly. Told me I needed to gain weight (I was very small), and gave me $20 to go buy a bag of potatoes! Lol
    He even showed us the superset leg routine like OP talked about. He was a great guy to us. When my friend finally saved enough to buy his Cannondale the first person he went to show was that owner. Unfortunately he ran a red light and was hit and hurt bad on the way. Broke his back... By the time he healed up enough for us to work out again the gym was renamed and that owner who was so nice was gone.
    I always wondered what happened. It was 1989 and the gym was Gold's just north of where we lived in Mill Woods, Edmonton. That nice owner...Ken H. :0
    (o\ ! /o)

Originally Posted by koolaid71 View Post
    Awesome read! I felt like I was there...
    My story is similar, at 17 I had a buddy that wanted to work out so he went and talked to the owner of a local gym. He agreed to let us work out for free if we cleaned up the equipment and the change rooms at the end of the night.
    He made a split routine up for us and showed us how to use every machine and lift properly. Told me I needed to gain weight (I was very small), and gave me $20 to go buy a bag of potatoes! Lol
    He even showed us the superset leg routine like OP talked about. He was a great guy to us. When my friend finally saved enough to buy his Cannondale the first person he went to show was that owner. Unfortunately he ran a red light and was hit and hurt bad on the way. Broke his back... By the time he healed up enough for us to work out again the gym was renamed and that owner who was so nice was gone.
    I always wondered what happened. It was 1989 and the gym was Gold's just north of where we lived in Mill Woods, Edmonton. That nice owner...Ken H. :0
    OMG, you know Ken H.?
    Same guy I had my run in regarding calves so many years ago.
    and yes, that's the exact gym (Gold's) I'm talking about...the same gym and Ken H. that screwed me in the first few posts when I joined and it closed within days after.
    Wow.
    It appears we have a different take on him , but its all good, many years ago.

Sorry to hear of your friend...lotsa guys with potential went down to car crashes in my gyms too.

Very glad you posted...proves to be a small world after all.

koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koolaid71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So crazy...was reading and it brought back the memories of the back leg room, the front desk, etc. Kept reading and thought...no way, this can't be the same Gold's, but yup, it was!
    Such a small world. Too bad Ken was a jerk to you, he was so kind to us. So glad we had him to show us the ropes.
    (o\ ! /o)

After what you've just written my opinion of Ken just changed.-srs
    I could see that in him.
    There were many helpful people in that gym, however misguided they were at times.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Amazing read, having now competed at Northerns it was great to read the back story.

Thanks for this.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ps inbox is full
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Brian, great read!

Best thread i´ve read since i started lurking BB.com.

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Brian

I was following this thread since the beginning, but took some time away from bb.com before you finished it. I have recently become more active here again, and a couple days ago I noticed the sticky. I was thrilled to see you had finished the story - what a great read. I agree with others in how your writing style allows the reads to truly experience the characters, action and drama. It is really unbelievable how things were at the Factory, and how places like this still exist (though not many around my parts). It is hard to believe all that you have seen and gone through, but I am glad you made it through it all.

Well done!