Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Ladies Point of View on Job, Money, Status (serious!)

This is serious. Serious answers please.

Anyways, if you saw my 2 threads this week, I did speed dating for the first time. If you want to see the details, they are in my threads. My question isn't about speed dating or even tips on how to do it better. It is about something more serious.

Quick background. I got rejected around 600 times in 2007 (first real year of attempts). Situations ranged from online to clubs to bars, etc. Anyways we enter our scores after speed dating. I entered mine last night (speed dating took place Wednesday). Those that want to meet you and you meet them, get matched and you can go further with contacting, dating, etc. Well I am open and play by numbers. I clicked 'yes' to all 15 girls. They were all decent to begin with and I don't judge girls on looks much anymore. I have dated 10's to 5's. I have gone out with super hot fit girls to chubby/fat girls.

Well I only got 2 matches! I am . At the time, it seemed like more girls were interested in me.

My question is things on status and whether it is a turnoff for girls. In my life it seems like girls are intimidated by me. I am not ugly I don't think. But I seem to be ahead of the game if you know what I mean. I am a nuclear engineer and also going to school to get an MBA while also doing bodybuilding/MMA. I also live in a 'nice' place in town. I told some girls these things on the speed dating and I got the vibe that they were scared of me. Some girls kept saying "gosh those places are expensive".

So are girls turned-off at this stuff? I wear Target clothes BTW and never wear jewelry or flashy things. My shoes cost less than $10! Also girls in college would come up to me and apologize for interrupting my day and stuff. Girls at work will walk past me with their head down! WTF do I do?

Help please. Advice. ANYTHING!

Thanks.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mikecart1 View Post

My question is things on status and whether it is a turnoff for girls. In my life it seems like girls are intimidated by me. I am not ugly I don't think. But I seem to be ahead of the game if you know what I mean. I am a nuclear engineer and also going to school to get an MBA while also doing bodybuilding/MMA. I also live in a 'nice' place in town. I told some girls these things on the speed dating and I got the vibe that they were scared of me. Some girls kept saying "gosh those places are expensive".

So are girls turned-off at this stuff? I wear Target clothes BTW and never wear jewelry or flashy things. My shoes cost less than $10! Also girls in college would come up to me and apologize for interrupting my day and stuff. Girls at work will walk past me with their head down! WTF do I do?

Thanks.
    This is only a thought but if your wearing target clothes, young and cant get a reg date they might think that your full of it. I dont know much about speed dating but if you have only a little time with them and you tell them all this stuff it might sound like a lie. You should try just telling them your going to school and you do bodybuilding,see if that works for you.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also your job,school, living in a good area bodybuilding and mma are all good things,not a turn off. But if someone told me that in the first 10min I would think that they are full of something.Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by 1972girl; 03-14-2008 at 11:28 AM.

mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No haha. I didn't tell them any of that. I only told 1 girl I was a bodybuilder because most people don't understand that and assume you take steroids. No one else even knows I do bodybuilding haha. I also don't talk about clothes, that is just something for me because I grew out of the name-brand/hs thing long ago. Because of the short time interval most of the girls heard:

-where I was from
    -where I work
    -where I live (only because they asked)
    -what I do for fun (hang out with coworkers, go to gym sometimes)

None of them knew about MMA. 1 of them knew about bodybuilding. All of them knew about my job.

At the time, it seemed like I had a chance. We kept talking for the whole 6 minutes and seem to connect with some. I just don't get it.

Also, if you saw me for 5 minutes for the first time, honestly the best way to describe me would be 'nice' or 'humble'. Like when the one girl kept going on and on where I live, I tried to change the subject and wished I just made up something else.

:/
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Camogirlie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry to hear you havent had much luck.. but i agree with the above poster.. i would just try and keep it minimal in regards to all your "over achieving" things.. 3 things will happen when girls find out about your job, where you live etc.. you will either get the A.Intimidated girl doesnt think she has a chance B. The girl that things your so high on yourself its not even funny or C.The money hungry superficial chick.. And ALL of these girls you dont want.. Speed dating seems like kind of a bogus way to meet chicks anyways.. As you have experienced.. you dont really get a good grasp on the person.. its kinda like "eh i like em" or "no way!" so those chicks that you might really click with you wont even give a chance, or vesa versa.. Sounds like you are really interested in finding a chick since your trying all this stuff.. but honestly.. i dont think speed dating is a good option..

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Camogirlie View Post
    Sorry to hear you havent had much luck.. but i agree with the above poster.. i would just try and keep it minimal in regards to all your "over achieving" things.. 3 things will happen when girls find out about your job, where you live etc.. you will either get the A.Intimidated girl doesnt think she has a chance B. The girl that things your so high on yourself its not even funny or C.The money hungry superficial chick.. And ALL of these girls you dont want.. Speed dating seems like kind of a bogus way to meet chicks anyways.. As you have experienced.. you dont really get a good grasp on the person.. its kinda like "eh i like em" or "no way!" so those chicks that you might really click with you wont even give a chance, or vesa versa.. Sounds like you are really interested in finding a chick since your trying all this stuff.. but honestly.. i dont think speed dating is a good option..
    How about in general? What do I say when they ask me where I work? I am actually tired of saying it because I feel like I am putting myself so far out of reach. I wish I had a more normal job.

Plus I don't know what the real reaction is. They usually say something like "oh wow". Then I say I am in school too and they just get more "how you do all that?" type of thing. I suck!
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IMO, the type of girl you want to meet won't be intimidated, so don't concern yourself with those girls who weren't interested and be happy with the 2 that were.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill

Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174190821&referrerid=1173311

smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smackshosh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nuclear physicist? damn
    Misc Vigilante. Allegiance only to myself.
    Owe to: CLP1 x 2; Heartless (spread) | Negs: ChefPete

Owed reps by:
    BackThen; Leeroy Jenkins; AquaDouche; sibrek; masterjb (h4te no show)
    Alex B. (Kansas vs UNC)
    YeahImaBeast; Beast2Be; giggedyyy; Ominus; BillyDeanM
    (Memphis vs Kansas)

marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So, I'm an engineer and I realize that not all engineers are pathetic nerds, but you do realize that most people think engineers are just like the stereotypes of engineers in movies/tv shows, right? These girls (and most non-engineers in the world) probably don't realize that engineers have lives, social skills, interests besides online gaming, etc. Girls are not intimidated by guys that make a good salary and live in a nice neighborhood, you are getting this all wrong. They are just afraid that you are a huge dork.

Originally Posted by mcampana View Post
    IMO, the type of girl you want to meet won't be intimidated, so don't concern yourself with those girls who weren't interested and be happy with the 2 that were.
    I guess. I don't want to be one of those guys that just takes what I can get. I don't know if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by smackshosh View Post
    nuclear physicist? damn
    LOL

Originally Posted by marilynny View Post
    So, I'm an engineer and I realize that not all engineers are pathetic nerds, but you do realize that most people think engineers are just like the stereotypes of engineers in movies/tv shows, right? These girls (and most non-engineers in the world) probably don't realize that engineers have lives, social skills, interests besides online gaming, etc. Girls are not intimidated by guys that make a good salary and live in a nice neighborhood, you are getting this all wrong. They are just afraid that you are a huge dork.
    Yeah that is what I hate so much about my job, the people, everything. They make it so hard for people like me to break out of the stereotype. I don't even play computer/video games. I think it is a waste of time. I do a bunch of things but that is where it is a catch 22 or whatever it is called. I can go up to a girl and say all these things like I play guitar, write music, bodybuild, motorcycle, and jump out of planes (all serious) but based on what engineers do, who will believe that? Even if they do, then I look like I am conceited.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Maybe when they ask what you do for a living you should say "I work for so and so" or break it down a little instead of nuclear engineer.

Red face

Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    Maybe when they ask what you do for a living you should say "I work for so and so" or break it down a little instead of nuclear engineer.
    I did haha. They always say "oh yeah, what you do there?" On Wednesday I tried beat around the bush but they eventually got what they wanted - confirmation that I am Nerd of the Year because what I do is just so uncool.

I mean be honest, you hear a guy is a nuclear engineer, what do you think first?
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilynny is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quick background. I got rejected around 600 times in 2007 (first real year of attempts).

600 times in one year? If you are asking out 2 girls a day, maybe you are coming off as a little desperate. You may come off a little inattentive. I mean, you said you checked all 15 girls at the speed dating. When you have this mindset you ARE telling everyone this, even if it's not with words. Your body language, your manners, your tone of voice gives away that NOT ONE OF THESE GIRLS ARE SPECIAL. And that's what girls want...we want to feel special.

CHOOSE the girl you want to date and make her feel special, don't just swing at every ball thrown your way hoping to hit one. That's not going to get you anywhere.

Originally Posted by marilynny View Post
    600 times in one year? If you are asking out 2 girls a day, maybe you are coming off as a little desperate. You may come off a little inattentive. I mean, you said you checked all 15 girls at the speed dating. When you have this mindset you ARE telling everyone this, even if it's not with words. Your body language, your manners, your tone of voice gives away that NOT ONE OF THESE GIRLS ARE SPECIAL. And that's what girls want...we want to feel special.

CHOOSE the girl you want to date and make her feel special, don't just swing at every ball thrown your way hoping to hit one. That's not going to get you anywhere.
    Well others have told me that what I am doing is good. They used the Babe Ruth analogy in that he hit the most homeruns but he struck out the most. I am so confused. In 2007 though I got 4 girls so I was ~4/600 which is around 0.6%. On Wednesday I was 2/15, 13.3%. Both success ratings still suck though.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just my 0.02. Its speed dating, I wouldn't take it too seriously. How can you know someone you want to date in that kind of rushed enviornment? They may see you as full of yourself- not saying you are. They may think that because you say for fun I go to the gym and hang with co-workers. Its the oh he's going to the gym he's probably a meat head. Talk about things that interest you. Some girls in speed dating have trouble getting guys and keeping them, for various reasons. They may be intimidated because they see you're going places and they may not be- so they get into the mentality-- why would he want me?? What age are the girls you are interacting with and asking out?? For each age women look for different things. Asking 600 times is a bit much. It makes you come off like you are deperate- even if you're not. Who knows they may even know each other in some context and say hey he asked me out too. What gives?! It sounds like you can't find what you're looking for. If you got 4 in 2007 and not now maybe your approach is different now then it was then or the women are different then in 2007. To date you have to be on the same page, so if you keep finding their not on the same page as you then I'd skip the speed dating and look in other places. You're 24, you have plenty of time in life before freaking out that you didn't do well on catching a girl. All the Best :O)
    Last edited by Dangerousd37; 03-14-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    "NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER STOP BELIEVING!!!"

"It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

~~~~ Lover/Fighter ~~~~ dragon*princess's Avatar
    dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You're Young, Cute, Smart, Athletic, and have a Great Career....
    Honey, I strongly doubt that these women are "intimidated" by you.

From what I've read so far, I'm under the impression that a majority of these women have lead the conversations. And, I want to point out that whether women are Passive or Dominant, a large majority of them appreciate "a Man that demonstrates the ability to Lead."

As for your Target Clothes....
    "You" might describe yourself as Nice and Humble but, others may describe you as Nice and Cheap. In my opinion, 5 minutes (or less) is all a person really needs to judge whether or not they see someone as a potential mate and, if you're wearing clothes that have "CHEAP" written all over them simply to make a point (ie. "I make really good money but I'm not superficial.") Well....the only person that is "getting" that point seems to be you.

With only five minutes to make an impression, you want your total package to reflect what you have to offer these women. If you can eventually start dating any of them....there will be plenty of time to express your nonconformity later!.....like when you're married. *lol* j/k

You're young and successful....Dress the Part. You don't have to spend a lot of money on pants and shirts because, guys can get away with khakis, a nice button down or even a polo and look great. But.....Simply by investing in a nice pair of shoes (note: cole haans are nice and they won't break the bank) and a nice watch (rolex and tag heuer are most recognizable and aren't too expensive) you can pull a polished look together. ~ Clean, simple, with attention to detail.

As for conversation - Start by making an "Original Compliment" to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack quickly. Almost every guy is going to say, "you look nice" or "you look very beautiful." Quickly find something that you like about her (be sincere) and compliment her on it - ie. "you look beautiful in that dress." "you look really nice in that color." "you have a beautiful smile." yadda-yadda-yadda *you get the idea*

Be an "Attentive Listener" because, you're going to draw upon what you've learned about her to develop and lead the conversation. And if you get another date, you can elaborate on little details that you may not have had a chance to discuss before.

Show that you're "Sincerely Interested" in HER. You can "validate" your attraction by asking questions and isolating the conversation around "her" background or favorite interest. When it comes time to talk about yourself, give the cliff notes version and, if you can....drawn upon a personal experience that ties back into her interest or background - that will show that you have something in common and can relate to one another.

Be Confident, Polished, Sincere, Attentive, and also....Yourself!

*btw* Don't be too self conscious about being smart - some girls have a thing for Geeks!

Last edited by dragon*princess; 03-14-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dragon*princess View Post
    You're Young, Cute, Smart, Athletic, and have a Great Career....
    Honey, I strongly doubt that these women are "intimidated" by you.

From what I've read so far, I'm under the impression that a majority of these women have lead the conversations. And, I want to point out that whether women are Passive or Dominant, a large majority of them appreciate "a Man that demonstrates the ability to Lead."

As for your Target Clothes....
    "You" might describe yourself as Nice and Humble but, others may describe you as Nice and Cheap. In my opinion, 5 minutes (or less) is all a person really needs to judge whether or not they see someone as a potential mate and, if you're wearing clothes that have "CHEAP" written all over them simply to make a point (ie. "I make really good money but I'm not superficial.") Well....the only person that is "getting" that point seems to be you.

With only five minutes to make an impression, you want your total package to reflect what you have to offer these women. If you can eventually start dating any of them....there will be plenty of time to express your nonconformity later!.....like when you're married. *lol* j/k

You're young and successful....Dress the Part. You don't have to spend a lot of money on pants and shirts because, guys can get away with khakis, a nice button down or even a polo and look great. But.....Simply by investing in a nice pair of shoes (note: cole haans are nice and they won't break the bank) and a nice watch (rolex and tag heuer are most recognizable and aren't too expensive) you can pull a polished look together. ~ Clean, simple, with attention to detail.

As for conversation - Start by making an "Original Compliment" to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack quickly. Almost every guy is going to say, "you look nice" or "you look very beautiful." Quickly find something that you like about her (be sincere) and compliment her on it - ie. "you look beautiful in that dress." "you look really nice in that color." "you have a beautiful smile." yadda-yadda-yadda *you get the idea*

Be an "Attentive Listener" because, you're going to draw upon what you've learned about her to develop and lead the conversation. And if you get another date, you can elaborate on little details that you may not have had a chance to discuss before.

Show that you're "Sincerely Interested" in HER. You can "validate" your attraction by asking questions and isolating the conversation around "her" background or favorite interest. When it comes time to talk about yourself, give the cliff notes version and, if you can....drawn upon a personal experience that ties back into her interest or background - that will show that you have something in common and can relate to one another.

Be Confident, Polished, Sincere, Attentive, and also....Yourself!

*btw* Don't be too self conscious about being smart - some girls have a thing for Geeks!

This is a very good post!

You make good money. Women really notice quality shoes. Buy yourself some.

You overstate the detriment to your job title...geek...etc. Forget it. Be proud of what you do, but state it in a way that says some people are gifted musicians, some are gifted car mechanics, you understand physics.

That shows you are smart, but respect other people's vocations too.
    Time To Re-Schedule

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mean be honest, you hear a guy is a nuclear engineer, what do you think first?
    honestly the first thing I thought was

Tyrbo made a good point there
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Reigning Pong Champion HappySnowBunny's Avatar
    HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You've got some great advice already. Definitely polish up and be comfortable with yourself and it'll be noticeable to others more readily.

...and as far as the success ratings? Well it only takes one.

Relax. It'll happen for you when it happens.
    Fe= Iron
    Male=Man
    I am Iron Man!

My all around awesome journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122223251

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    This is a very good post!

You make good money. Women really notice quality shoes. Buy yourself some.

You overstate the detriment to your job title...geek...etc. Forget it. Be proud of what you do, but state it in a way that says some people are gifted musicians, some are gifted car mechanics, you understand physics.

That shows you are smart, but respect other people's vocations too.
    Yeah I am not telling anyone what I do anymore. I will tell them I am a designer and that is it. If that ask for more, I will say I design buildings or something and switch topics. I gotta stay away from the 2 words: nuclear and engineer. Those words are the worst things to say from my experience. I could be dancing with a hot chick at a club and they ask that and suddenly I am Mr. Ugly or Mr. Ewwy!

Originally Posted by Mindi911 View Post
    honestly the first thing I thought was

Tyrbo made a good point there
    Engineering is not cool. I am the outcast at work. I don't like most of my coworkers because they destroy everything I try to protect. Some people at work just read, go to barnes and noble to talk, and their idea of fun is going to some restaurant. OMG!

Originally Posted by HappySnowBunny View Post
    You've got some great advice already. Definitely polish up and be comfortable with yourself and it'll be noticeable to others more readily.

...and as far as the success ratings? Well it only takes one.

Relax. It'll happen for you when it happens.
    I guess it will happen. I am 24 though! Soon I will be too old and no one will want me. For some reason a bunch of people look up to me because I get rejected so much. Getting rejected sucks.

I suck and have 0 game. In a world of character attributes, I would have high marks for everything and a '0' in the Game category.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My only advice to you is

Be happy with yourself and being alone and the right woman will fall in your lap.

Get hobbies, and use your free time to better yourself (spiritually and mentally) and before you know it, someone will come into you life.

I think that people give off vibrations that other people's subconscious picks up on and if you aren't happy/too desperate/etc, women can pick up on that without you doing a thing.

Recommended reading - Tolle's new book "A new earth" and/or his older one "power of now."

His perspective on life has helped me over many hurdles.
    Last edited by SexyChic; 03-15-2008 at 11:17 PM.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Engineering is not cool. I am the outcast at work. I don't like most of my coworkers because they destroy everything I try to protect. Some people at work just read, go to barnes and noble to talk, and their idea of fun is going to some restaurant. OMG!
    I dont know how you feel about your job, but as another engineer I have to say that I love engineering, its part of who I am, and if a woman doesnt like that then let her be because shes not right for you to begin with. IMO a woman should have admiration for what you do regardless of the occupation. You shouldnt have to tip toe around your career.

And yes my engineering is just as nerdy as yours.

BRC51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, you need to be a little more selective! For instance, do you want a woman who checks yes to everyone she meets at speed dating? Or asks out 600 men in one year. Unless you are trying to conquer your fear of approaching women? No woman is going to be with a man that will settle for the first thing that comes along. Stop playing the numbers game, it's not working for you! Play hard to get, really! Women love a challenge. But don't get stuck on one woman and start to idolize her or you will drive her away. Dress the part, clean cut, nice fitting jeans, nice shirt, nice shoes, nice hair, at least a necklace, clean cut nails, nice smell, great breath and pay attention at least a little bit to fashion (take a female you are friends with that is fashionable to help you shop), women appreciate that!

Think about how often a woman gets hit on in a day, a week, or even a month. What do those guys say to her, how does she respond? How can you be different and really stick out in her head?

When you first meet a girl don't talk about what every single guy talks about or you will be just like them and get no where, you know the whole interview process. So... what do you do... where do you live... where are you from... blah blah blah, boring!!! Be funny and original, don't give her TO many compliments or she will think you are needy. Don't bring up your career/job it won't intimidate them, but it will attract the money hungry women (small percentage here), and it looks insecure, rarely will talking solely about your career/job attract someone you want if your standards were higher, and thats with any career/job. Besides do you want a woman interested in you because of what you do, or would you rather her be interested in you because of your personality and the way she feels when she's around you? Talking about your motorcycle and bodybuilding in the first meeting will make them think you are insecure or only after one thing.

Talk about playing the guitar, or skydiving, and ask them if they have ever played a musical instrument or gone sky diving make it a good story for them, like a roller coaster ride. Have your high points and low points and reach them on another level. But make sure it makes YOU stand out from the rest. Women love it if you can touch them on an emotional level. Be original, and DO NOT hint at sleeping with her the first time. Be friends first and go from there. Every woman wants a MAN who is different from the rest, one who "GET'S IT". A rarity, someone who can make them feel free, escape from reality, make them feel special, and doesn't look for approval. Don't be predictable or clingy (hugh turn off), be mysterious and adventurous.

Look for body language (92% of communication is through body language), dilated eyes are a good one. How's she sitting, facing you, away from you, arms crossed, legs crossed, leaning back, leaning forward, is her body language copying yours. All these have meanings. Your an engineer, educate yourself some (on body language) you would be amazed!!! Don't try to impress her, women have a sixth sense about stuff like that, and they ALWAYS know what your intentions are from the start! Oh and you really need to be confident while doing all this, Don't over do it though! Most importantly be confident, and be a MAN! You do all of that and I promise a woman will thank you!

dragon*princess, ***Nice Style***, great advice, and you're a voice actress and didn't mention anthing about a voice? You know, i've got a good relationship with my mom, great shoes, and nice teeth!
    Last edited by BRC51; 03-17-2008 at 02:31 AM.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're a nuclear engineer ... hey that's

You may be hanging around the wrong places, or going to the wrong websites. I'd say you need to find a girl who has things in common with you ... IMO alot of people aren't as much turned off by your profession as they're intimidated by it. Alot of those girls probably fear that you'd think they're idiots!

Tolle is excellent. So is Wayne Dyer. "The Power of Intention" is a wonderful book. So is "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie

You're in a well-paying profession doing what you love ... most people are still dreaming/working on that. Be proud and happy where you are! Girls love confident guys.

Good luck!
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SexyChic View Post
    My only advice to you is

Be happy with yourself and being alone and the right woman will fall in your lap.

Get hobbies, and use your free time to better yourself (spiritually and mentally) and before you know it, someone will come into you life.

I think that people give off vibrations that other people's subconscious picks up on and if you aren't happy/too desperate/etc, women can pick up on that without you doing a thing.

Recommended reading - Tolle's new book "A new earth" and/or his older one "power of now."

His perspective on life has helped me over many hurdles.
    I will look into that book. I think maybe it is because I said I didnt' like my job or this city that turned them off. Over half of those showed didn't have a profile picture on the website so maybe they weren't being serious. Overall I only got 3 out of 15.

Originally Posted by Supadude View Post
    I dont know how you feel about your job, but as another engineer I have to say that I love engineering, its part of who I am, and if a woman doesnt like that then let her be because shes not right for you to begin with. IMO a woman should have admiration for what you do regardless of the occupation. You shouldnt have to tip toe around your career.

And yes my engineering is just as nerdy as yours.
    I would prefer a girl that isn't anywhere near engineering career wise. I could possibly go insane having to deal with that if you know what I mean. As far as engineering, doing hands on stuff, designing, traveling = good; sitting in cubicle 40 hrs a week staring at computer = bad.

Originally Posted by BRC51 View Post
    First off, you need to be a little more selective! For instance, do you want a woman who checks yes to everyone she meets at speed dating? Or asks out 600 men in one year. Unless you are trying to conquer your fear of approaching women? No woman is going to be with a man that will settle for the first thing that comes along. Stop playing the numbers game, it's not working for you! Play hard to get, really! Women love a challenge. But don't get stuck on one woman and start to idolize her or you will drive her away. Dress the part, clean cut, nice fitting jeans, nice shirt, nice shoes, nice hair, at least a necklace, clean cut nails, nice smell, great breath and pay attention at least a little bit to fashion (take a female you are friends with that is fashionable to help you shop), women appreciate that!

Think about how often a woman gets hit on in a day, a week, or even a month. What do those guys say to her, how does she respond? How can you be different and really stick out in her head?

When you first meet a girl don't talk about what every single guy talks about or you will be just like them and get no where, you know the whole interview process. So... what do you do... where do you live... where are you from... blah blah blah, boring!!! Be funny and original, don't give her TO many compliments or she will think you are needy. Don't bring up your career/job it won't intimidate them, but it will attract the money hungry women (small percentage here), and it looks insecure, rarely will talking solely about your career/job attract someone you want if your standards were higher, and thats with any career/job. Besides do you want a woman interested in you because of what you do, or would you rather her be interested in you because of your personality and the way she feels when she's around you? Talking about your motorcycle and bodybuilding in the first meeting will make them think you are insecure or only after one thing.

Talk about playing the guitar, or skydiving, and ask them if they have ever played a musical instrument or gone sky diving make it a good story for them, like a roller coaster ride. Have your high points and low points and reach them on another level. But make sure it makes YOU stand out from the rest. Women love it if you can touch them on an emotional level. Be original, and DO NOT hint at sleeping with her the first time. Be friends first and go from there. Every woman wants a MAN who is different from the rest, one who "GET'S IT". A rarity, someone who can make them feel free, escape from reality, make them feel special, and doesn't look for approval. Don't be predictable or clingy (hugh turn off), be mysterious and adventurous.

Look for body language (92% of communication is through body language), dilated eyes are a good one. How's she sitting, facing you, away from you, arms crossed, legs crossed, leaning back, leaning forward, is her body language copying yours. All these have meanings. Your an engineer, educate yourself some (on body language) you would be amazed!!! Don't try to impress her, women have a sixth sense about stuff like that, and they ALWAYS know what your intentions are from the start! Oh and you really need to be confident while doing all this, Don't over do it though! Most importantly be confident, and be a MAN! You do all of that and I promise a woman will thank you!

dragon*princess, ***Nice Style***, great advice, and you're a voice actress and didn't mention anthing about a voice? You know, i've got a good relationship with my mom, great shoes, and nice teeth!
    Well I played hard to get for years and it got me no where. Girls would think I didn't like them or already had a gf. People still think I have a gf and therefore never approach me. Even if I talk to them they usually don't believe.

If I go on speed dating again, I will have to come up with like 5 or 6 questions that are unique. Some of them that I have read on websites and I have thought up are:

1) What is the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
    2) How would your best friend describe you?
    3) What was your childhood dream?
    4) If you could turn back time, what is the one thing that you would change?

What you think?

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    You're a nuclear engineer ... hey that's

You may be hanging around the wrong places, or going to the wrong websites. I'd say you need to find a girl who has things in common with you ... IMO alot of people aren't as much turned off by your profession as they're intimidated by it. Alot of those girls probably fear that you'd think they're idiots!

Tolle is excellent. So is Wayne Dyer. "The Power of Intention" is a wonderful book. So is "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie

You're in a well-paying profession doing what you love ... most people are still dreaming/working on that. Be proud and happy where you are! Girls love confident guys.

Good luck!
    I think I gave off the vibe that I wasn't proud or happy where I am. I talked to a friend and I found the pattern from my results...

The 3 girls that said yes to me, our dates had nothing to do with where we were from or what we do.

Girl 1: We talked about why she saw employees running outside during lunch. I told her they do that in the building too to stay in shape for insurance discounts. She

Girl 2: We talked about speed dating.

Girl 3: We talked about her car and how she used to drag race. I talked about my motorcycle. I got her # and myspace.

The other 12 girls hated my guts!
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Ready2WorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready2WorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready2WorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think, just from what I've seen in the past, that smart is intimidating; there's this whole pressure like "what if I'm not good enough," or "what will we talk about" that gets in the way of seeing anything beyond that...

fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessfortune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't talk about money when you are first meeting a girl...it should not be what they are interested in and it makes you sound like you are "showing Off"... Just be yourself and talk about things you enjoy doing for FUN not all your accomplishments. You can let that come out later if it works out you click.. I think Speed Dating and Match.com things are a waste of time. Find women in places you like to go.

Red face

Originally Posted by Ready2WorkOut View Post
    I think, just from what I've seen in the past, that smart is intimidating; there's this whole pressure like "what if I'm not good enough," or "what will we talk about" that gets in the way of seeing anything beyond that...
    Yeah, I got to act not smart and not mention what I do or anything. Maybe I will call them out sometime and say "Are you intimidated?" just to see what they say? It will be an open-ended question so I can see what really is on their mind.

Originally Posted by fitnessfortune View Post
    Don't talk about money when you are first meeting a girl...it should not be what they are interested in and it makes you sound like you are "showing Off"... Just be yourself and talk about things you enjoy doing for FUN not all your accomplishments. You can let that come out later if it works out you click.. I think Speed Dating and Match.com things are a waste of time. Find women in places you like to go.
    I have been using online dating for a couple of years. I use or have used:

-Match.com
    -Eharmony.com (they rejected me because they couldn't find me a match)
    -PlentyofFish.com (I contacted one psycho who I gave my number too and haven't used since)
    -OkCupid.com (never get matches)
    -Cupid.com
    -Yahoo Personals
    -Craigslist
    -HotOrNot.com
    -MySpace.com

I just started speed dating. My friends say I am an online dating master now LOL.

I am afraid of just sitting around and waiting because people that do that from what I have seen wind up marrying whatever is left or whoever comes up to them. They wind up living boring lives and are content with being average and a nobody. That is why I try.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)

I have been using online dating for a couple of years. I use or have used:

-Match.com
    -Eharmony.com (they rejected me because they couldn't find me a match)
    -PlentyofFish.com (I contacted one psycho who I gave my number too and haven't used since)
    -OkCupid.com (never get matches)
    -Cupid.com
    -Yahoo Personals
    -Craigslist
    -HotOrNot.com
    -MySpace.com
    Whats your experience with most of these? I was thinking about giving the online dating circuit a swing after I graduate and get a job in 6-8 months.

Red face

Originally Posted by Supadude View Post
    Whats your experience with most of these? I was thinking about giving the online dating circuit a swing after I graduate and get a job in 6-8 months.
    Match is the best by far. Got a hot gf from there. eHarmony is retarded because I can't even get into the site. After I took their quiz they said with all their resources they can't find a match for me. Apparently I'm an alien or something to them. PlentyofFish is good for chatting with girls. That one psycho that texted me like 10 times with real time photos of herself turned me off. HotOrNot is decent. I would say it is the 2nd best. Met a girl from there.

Still learning about speed dating. Hopefully soon I will go out and meet girls in real life hehe. All the girls here probably think I am a loser. At least I tell it like it is and not how it might be like the bunch of PUAs that supposedly roam this site that have perfect 10's and f*** girls every day of the week.
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs