UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Calories/Day, F/C/P %/ Day - Make me hot again :)

I'm going to preface this with some background to help you understand my body type
    So I've always been an athlete but after college, I went on tour with drum and bugle corps, got a kickass tanned and skinny fat body and then moved to Japan. I spent the whole Fall sitting at my computer, or in a practice room and eating chocolate...gaining alot of fat! My body has ever been this way before and it really sucks!
    I decided to up the ante and get my hot bod back, but I want to go farther and possibly compete in a contest or at least get the body for one. I'm not going to for bodybuilding, but fitness model type. Think Francisca Dennis.
    Since January 20th I've been hitting the gym religiously M,W,F and doing heavy weights as well as cardio, with cardio on the off days sometimes. My diet..well, I was good for the first couple weeks then my chocolate addiction overcame me and I went beserk. I have ONE month until I go back and this is it. The for real diet has begun and it's ON this time! I've gained alot of muscle, now I need to shed the fat and continue to strengthen.

My body type is mesomorph/endomorph, closer to the endomorph end. I put on muscle quickly, can lose fat easily, and can take alot of battering. I'm NO good at cardio (running), started to like it, but hate it once again, mainly b/c I have asthma. As most women, I have much more strength in my lower body than my upper and I'd like to turn that around. My chest and back are the weakest and smallest. I would like my calves to be smaller...I have huge calves (15.7") I can have incredible abs when I'm on tour during the summer and I want those back damnit! And of course, everything I eat goes straight to my ass and thighs.

My current weight is 71.4kg (157lbs), height 5'9.5"..or so, body fat is maybe 23.5% (all I have is the calculator, no calipers or anything)
    Waist: 28.1" Goal: 24-26"
    Hips: 42.1" Goal: 36"
    Thighs: 25.19" Goal: ?? way less than this!
    Arms: 11.8" Goal: ?? bigger
    Calves:15.7" Goal: ?? smaller
    My goal weight is 65.7kg (145lbs) with a body fat well under 18%. Before sitting on my ass, which was a HHUUUGEE change from my 24/7 on the go lifestyle added to being a college athlete, I was always 147lbs and 16%. I've always been "the hot girl" and now I'm the "fat foreigner that's three times the size of everybody else" (I'm in Japan keep in mind). I want to be back to the way I was and surpass that! I'll never be fashion model anorexic skinny, b/c that's not my body type and I don't want it to be. I'm a very athletic body type, so I might as well make the most of it!
    Before I was just athletic skinny but I just ate whatever, mainly chocolate Now that I'm getting older my body took a turn and I really do need to watch what I eat, and I'm a hippie at heart ( and live in hippie central aka Austin, TX) so I'd like to become a huge health nut and eat really clean.

SO!! here's where you come in!! I've been reading SO much on nutrition and I'm still confused and what {exactly} I need to be doing. Let's start with NUTRITION:
    Here's what I've calculated:
    Burn Rate: 2438 (basal + workout) Goal burn rate( 145lbs): 2227
    158g/632cal - protein 10-15% Goal: (145/580)
    41g/366Cal - fat 20-30% Goal: (37/334)
    360g/1440cal - carb 40-60% Goal: (328/1313)

I'm thinking that my proteins need to be more and carbs less.
    If I want to lose weight, but continue to weight train, how many calories do I need to consume/day? I read on here to consume 3500 fewer than expended for week (500/day). How does this work with on and off work out days? If I consume 500less/day will I still be ok to weight train?

WORKOUT REGIME!!!
    So far, I have been working out MWF with a few cardio days in between..if Im not lazy.

M - legs --> squat, lunge, leg press, leg curl, calf raise
    steady state cardio (working up slowly, now at 40min @ 8.0km/hr..asthma)
    W- shoulders, chest, tri's ---> dumbbell flat bench press, flat bench chest flye, recently added in incline bench on those two, tricep kickbacks, dumbbell lying extension, cable pushdown, maybe another, dumbbell shoulder press, lateral raises
    steady state cardio or
    F - back,bi's ---> incline dumbbell curl, dumbell curl, concentration curl, wide grip pull-downs, seated low pulley row, one-arm dumbbell rows, stiff-legged barbell deadlifts
    cardio

This has been my workout for the past month. There have been changes, definite growth in strength, but NO fat loss, also no weight loss whatsoever. I haven't lost ANY inches, only gained. I didn't think my diet was THAT bad..but I'm thinking it is!

So this week I started logging EVERYTHING and reading more. i think I'm goign to up the weight lifting some, and cut back on steady state cardio and go for HIIT intervals instead because I'm not made for steady state. Also, I'm going to start riding a bike to the gym instead of getting a ride...it's a 5km ride each way. So maybe I can skip cardio all together, woohoo!!

Ok, comments, GOO!!!!

p.s. I live in Japan, where I am served food, and don't have many options. I don't know what everything is that I eat...but I do know that rice packs ALOT more calories than I thought!!! Also, the gym is small. I have no access to barbells, only dumbbells. No Smith machine, no pull up bar, no elliptical, no stationary bike.

MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i also live in japan and usually if i dont have time to prepare sth i buy a bento or eat a `teishyoku` in the school cafeteria. where r u in japan ?

UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UTrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump.
    I need some answers here people!