tito78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

losing inches, but not weight( actually gaining some)

I eventually want to start bulking, but I'm holding that off until after next fall(when it starts getting cold again.). I started watching my diet about a year ago. I cut out junk food, made sure I got in 4-5 meals a day(400 to 500 calories each), continued too stay active( I've been lifting for years), and increased my cardio. At first, I dropped from 175 down to 164, but after that, my weight gradually started going up( I'm presently 168lbs). Around October I ate next nothing for about a week, which of course caused me to drop back down from 169 to 163( I was stressed out), but after I starting eating normally again, my weight started gradually creeping toward 170lbs.

My waist went from 33inches to 29inches, but weird thing is, I'm slowly gaining weight. My mid-section is leaner, but my bodyweight seems like it wants to head north instead of south. Am I losing fat, while gaining muscle ?(that's supposed to be impossible)
    Last edited by tito78; 03-13-2008 at 12:05 PM.

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    easy test your bf each week and see for yourself
    also maybe your taking creatine or something or some kind of water weight

Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tito78 View Post
    Am I losing fat, while gaining muscle ?(that's supposed to be impossible)
    It's not impossible, but difficult to do unless you've just started lifting. How many cals are you eating a day? 500 x 5 is 2500cal. If are 168 right now, that seems a bit high (depending on how much cardio you're doing), which may be why you're gaining weight in the form of muscle.

What are you eating? It might be helpful to post what you eat in an average day. Do you take any supplements?

Also, you can't argue with progress. From what you've described you seem to be improving your physique, and your waist sizing decreasing is a good thing. If you're seeing real results, then there is no reason to mess with a good thing.

Originally Posted by Zonyc View Post
    It's not impossible, but difficult to do unless you've just started lifting. How many cals are you eating a day? 500 x 5 is 2500cal. If are 168 right now, that seems a bit high (depending on how much cardio you're doing), which may be why you're gaining weight in the form of muscle.

What are you eating? It might be helpful to post what you eat in an average day. Do you take any supplements?

Also, you can't argue with progress. From what you've described you seem to be improving your physique, and your waist sizing decreasing is a good thing. If you're seeing real results, then there is no reason to mess with a good thing.

I basically try to avoid saturated and trans fats, get in as much protien as possible, and stay under 500 calories. I tend to let carbs and fat take care of themselves. My meals usually have some carbs and fat in them, whether its from gritz, oatmeal,milk, bread or veggies.

if 2500 calories is high, than how much should I be eating? would 2000 be a good bench mark?

I just starting taking lipo 6 this week. It really reduces my appetite. I almost have to force feed myself to get in five meals a day.
    Last edited by tito78; 03-13-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Originally Posted by darknessWithin View Post
    easy test your bf each week and see for yourself
    also maybe your taking creatine or something or some kind of water weight
    nope, no creatine.

Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zonyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I basically try to avoid saturated and trans fats, get in as much protien as possible, and stay under 500 calories. I tend to let carbs and fat take care of themselves. My meals usually have some carbs and fat in them, whether its from gritz, oatmeal,milk, bread or veggies.

if 2500 calories is high, than how much should I be eating? would 2000 be a good bench mark?

I just starting taking lipo 6 this week. It really reduces my appetite. I almost have to force feed myself to get in five meals a day.

What do you mean by you tend to let fat and carbs take care of themselves? What are your macros? protein/fats/carbs?

Generally 10x your bodyweight is a good start, 2000 cals will net you results overall, however, you may need to adjust as your body composition changes. As you have said you have been lifting for years, so you may have quite a bit of muscle hidden under the fat. This is good, because the more musle you have, the higher your metabolic rate. I would try 2000 cals and judge the results using a mirror, not a scale.

Registered User gettinripped513's Avatar
    gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eventually want to start bulking, but I'm holding that off until after next fall(when it starts getting cold again.). I started watching my diet about a year ago. I cut out junk food, made sure I got in 4-5 meals a day(400 to 500 calories each), continued too stay active( I've been lifting for years), and increased my cardio. At first, I dropped from 175 down to 164, but after that, my weight gradually started going up( I'm presently 168lbs). Around October I ate next nothing for about a week, which of course caused me to drop back down from 169 to 163( I was stressed out), but after I starting eating normally again, my weight started gradually creeping toward 170lbs.

My waist went from 33inches to 29inches, but weird thing is, I'm slowly gaining weight. My mid-section is leaner, but my bodyweight seems like it wants to head north instead of south. Am I losing fat, while gaining muscle ?(that's supposed to be impossible)

do not change a damn thing. keep doing this diet until it stops working like it is now then up the cals by 200 till it starts working again.

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gettinripped513 View Post
    do not change a damn thing. keep doing this diet until it stops working like it is now then up the cals by 200 till it starts working again.
    hes trying to cut not bulk