Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000)

Tuna...How many times a week?

Made this thread on the health\safe factor...I usually eat it 2-3 times a week..I tend to not over-do it...but I do love it.

How many times you guys and girls eat tuna a week?..

What's your take on the safe factor?
    *** http://www.AnaxMethods.com/ ***

*Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete

*Instagram - @xnickedgex

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by XNick EdgeX View Post
    Made this thread on the health\safe factor...I usually eat it 2-3 times a week..I tend to not over-do it...but I do love it.

How many times you guys and girls eat tuna a week?..

What's your take on the safe factor?
    If you're refering to mercury,it's overrated IMO,2 or 3 times a DAY is fine ...

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been eating 5 cans a week (1 can mon-fri) for about 3 years straight now and haven't had any health issues as far as I'm aware. I don't fully buy into all that mercury hype. As long as you're not eating 20 cans a week you should be ok.
    Ingredients for Growth:
    -gravity
    -food

Weight lifting is a competitive sport between you and gravity. In the end, gravity always seems to win.

deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I try to get 7 a week

XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000) XNick EdgeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bseidl View Post
    I've been eating 5 cans a week (1 can mon-fri) for about 3 years straight now and haven't had any health issues as far as I'm aware. I don't fully buy into all that mercury hype. As long as you're not eating 20 cans a week you should be ok.
    Thanks dude, yeah..I might bump it up a bit.

*Instagram - @xnickedgex

anonymous
    I eat a can every day soon as I get home from work.

JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JarHeaD316 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Judging by how much tuna the Japanese culture consumes, mostly through sushi (which i have read has very high amounts of mercury due to the high quality), I would think its safe and the mercury thing is blown out of proportion. Look at the japanese population as a whole, you dont see that many overweight or obese people and i would say their life expectancy is much greater than the average american. Keep eating bro

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JarHeaD316 View Post
    Judging by how much tuna the Japanese culture consumes, mostly through sushi (which i have read has very high amounts of mercury due to the high quality), I would think its safe and the mercury thing is blown out of proportion. Look at the japanese population as a whole, you dont see that many overweight or obese people and i would say their life expectancy is much greater than the average american. Keep eating bro
    Maybe mercury is the secret to longivity!
    Ingredients for Growth:
    -gravity
    -food

Weight lifting is a competitive sport between you and gravity. In the end, gravity always seems to win.

theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I eat two cans a day easy. Easy source of high protein.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion... without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is a great thread and it's good to know people are fine with eating several cans of Tuna per week.

Just curious how bad "low calorie" mayo is with tuna every so often. The few times i've made Tuna I've made it with some of that lower-calorie mayo and just mixed it up with some black pepper. Usually don't use any bread at all but sometimes wheat bread.

When you guys make your tuna do you use any wheat bread or wraps or add any low calorie mayo at all? Other then Tuna, i've stayed away from Mayo completely which has been another MAJOR cutback i've made. If you aren't using mayo, what do you usually mix with it?

If it is...I'm all for it!!

*Instagram - @xnickedgex

Originally Posted by cornerbax View Post
    this is a great thread and it's good to know people are fine with eating several cans of Tuna per week.

Just curious how bad "low calorie" mayo is with tuna every so often. The few times i've made Tuna I've made it with some of that lower-calorie mayo and just mixed it up with some black pepper. Usually don't use any bread at all but sometimes wheat bread.

When you guys make your tuna do you use any wheat bread or wraps or add any low calorie mayo at all? Other then Tuna, i've stayed away from Mayo completely which has been another MAJOR cutback i've made. If you aren't using mayo, what do you usually mix with it?
    I usually do a spinich wrap with a little mustard and lettuce..I never use mayo...but I am sure low cal mayo won't kill you..Sometimes i will eat it straight out of the can as well as put it on wheat bread.

*Instagram - @xnickedgex

Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Miinty.Oatmeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    About twice a week...I just go in order during the week using 1 can tuna, pink salmon, chicken, or turkey. lol. =P

mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JarHeaD316 View Post
    The dangers of methylmercury are pretty well established.-=

Three things:

Mercury builds up in the tissues over years, and symptoms are not immediately visible. Moreover, since the buildup is so slow the symptoms can take a long time to manifest.

Second, the issue of methylmercury has only become a large issue in the last 10-15 years. The Japanese have been prodigious tuna eaters since the late 60s.

Third, the Japanese eat a lot more than just sushi, and tuna only makes up a percentage of the fish consumed. Sushi is NOT all tuna. The tuna is also sourced from around the world, and mercury concentrations are likely to vary from population to population depending on the proximity to pollutants and exposure.

neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50) neueziel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol tell that to the first emperor of China

metalheadsdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have read that the worry of mercury is from albacore tuna, so it is only recommended to eat 1 can/week of albacore. As for me, I eat 2 cans of chunk light tuna a day. Is there a big difference in the two?

xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xraided85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SickBoy_Cage View Post
    If you're refering to mercury,it's overrated IMO,2 or 3 times a DAY is fine ...
    Agreed, i eat it probably twice a day
    1RM
    Bench 355
    Squat 471
    Deads 635
    BB Curl 146
    Rows 285
    Press 202

Registered User CanadianDeltoid's Avatar
    CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanadianDeltoid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    tuna should be a staple is any bodybuilders diet. Taste great, high protein, cost effective (I GO NUTS WHEN ITS ON SALE FOR .99 cents) and has all your good fats. So eat up
    "Stimulate don't annialate"

-8 time Mr O Totalee Awesome

TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheLorax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://gotmercury.org/ calculator:

Tuna (albacore) .353 ppm mercury
    Tuna (canned light) .118 ppm mercury

At my weight (171 lbs), the EPA says that I can safely consume 1 can of albacore per week, OR 3 cans of chunk light.

Mercury causes long-term damage as it accumulates in the body. As I understand it, it's not that the body can safely eliminate 1 can's worth of mercury per week, as it is that it would take me the rest of my life to accumulate toxic levels at that consumption rate. Double the consumption rate, and expect to see mercury poisoning in half the time. Chunk light tastes like crap, but it's worth it in the long run.
    Last edited by TheLorax; 03-12-2008 at 08:24 PM.

stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stangboy555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At least once a day for me. I got little mini cans that I just open, toss in some low fat mayo then slap it in a sandwhich.

MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAK060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i live in japan and no day passes by without eating it. there are so many types and varieties of tuna that the bodybuilders can be really satisfied
    its great food

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 summers ago i ate 3 cans a day every day of summer. Loved that ****, cant stand it now tho. Im still alive

Originally Posted by CanadianDeltoid View Post
    tuna should be a staple is any bodybuilders diet. Taste great, high protein, cost effective (I GO NUTS WHEN ITS ON SALE FOR .99 cents) and has all your good fats. So eat up
    x2! I'm all about the tuna!

*Instagram - @xnickedgex

RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cornerbax View Post

I could be wrong here, but I'm fairly certain the l"lite mayo" is actually quite good. No carbs, and the fats are nearly ALL poly and mono unsaturated(good fats)

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    watch out for tuna poisoning bro.

mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CanadianDeltoid View Post
    I'm not quite sure what kind of tuna you are eating but chunk light has barely any fat in it...

Unless, that is, you are eating tuna packed in soybean oil...

The mercury warnings aren't bull****, however, as many on this forum believe.

MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MotorGUY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why not canned chicken instead? i buy that stuff in bulk at costco.
    Kevin Windham > Chad Reed

faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mercury in Tuna

The tuna issue is a complicated one. There is research showing that some large tunas, such as bluefin, can exceed the FDA limits. Part of the confusion is that, in the past, many of the reported results listed all tunas together, making no distinction among the species (albacore, skip-jack, bluefin, yellowfin, and so on). One can see tables in general publications such as Newsweek showing fresh-frozen tuna having 0.32 ppm, with no distinction among the different species. The range in the data is often very wide, for example, from 0.05 to 1.30 ppm, but it is not possible to differentiate between the species the way the data are reported. Therefore, a specific fishery, such as troll-caught West Coast albacore, is unfairly associated with other tuna species that might have higher levels of mercury. For example, a recent FDA study showed that canned albacore from common commercial brands had a higher average than canned ?light‿ tuna. This is, in part, because the albacore in common brands are larger fish caught in the open Pacific, whereas ?light‿ tuna is often the smaller skipjack species.
    http://oregonschoice.com/current_issues.php

What about differences between canned tuna? Most canned tuna is labeled as either "albacore" or "chunk light". There are other species of canned tuna, as well. Albacore tuna, according to FDA data, contains 3 times as much mercury as chunk light (0.353 ppm vs. 0.118 ppm). Cans of chunk light tuna usually contain skipjack tuna, which is a smaller species and averages lower mercury levels. However, a Chicago Tribune investigation found that chunk-light canned tuna sometimes contains yellowfin tuna (0.325 ppm), but is not labeled correctly. Also, a study found that troll-caught albacore mercury levels are lower (0.14 ppm vs. 0.353 ppm) because they are younger than longline-caught albacore. Read canned tuna labels carefully to find out which species it contains! You can compare the mercury levels between all types of tuna in the mercury calculator above.

What about fresh and frozen tuna? Tuna is a popular seafood item. Tuna comes as steaks or, in Japanese cuisine, as sushi or sashimi. In restaurants and stores, tuna is labeled ?ahi?, the Hawaiian word for tuna, which could be either bigeye tuna (0.639 ppm) or yellowfin tuna (0.325 ppm), both high in methylmercury. Consumers should ask specifically what kind of tuna they are getting. For example, ?maguro? and ?toro? in sushi restaurants refer to the back or belly of the tuna, not the species. Sushi and sashimi can also be albacore or bluefin tuna.
    http://www.gotmercury.org/

peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteyr1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have it 2-3 times a week on wholemeal rice crackers.

Supp Misc Outkast digitalgoodtime's Avatar
    digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    at LEAST six cans a week for me (or pouches), plus one dinner of ahi tuna steak per week.
    vegetable-based protein ftw

on hiatus - too many douche bags here.....