CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help me plan my nutrition?

Not really sure on where to go for help. im sure you guys dont want to waste your time trying to map out my nutritional intake on a daily basis but Ive done a few hours of research reading through suggested intakes and have done formulas to figure out what I should take but there are so many sources out there its hard to figure out what I should get from where
    Anyway heres my info

Im 22 years old 5'8 154.5lbs
    My calorie intake to put on mass is 2410
    My Protein intake should be 53% which is 320 grams
    My Carbohydrate intake should be 37% which is 223 grams
    My Fat intake should be 10% which is 27 Grams(I prefer CLE if possible)
    The supplements I will be taking during my 12 week workout will be
    NOW WHEY PROTEIN VANILLA ECONOMY
    Higher Power Micronized Creatine
    Dymetadrine Xtreme
    and a Protein Bar but im unsure of which yet. Gonna be a low sugar/alcohol high protein low carb low fat bar that will most likely taste like **** Lol

So thats roughly
    36 grams of carbs from the whey(3 servings)
    72 grams of protein from the whey(3 servings)
    4.5 grams of fat from the whey(3 servings)

Doesnt say any carbs protein and fat in the other 2 but I think creatine is a simple carb

If you need any other information please ask and Ill definitely get it to you
    Oh and Ive been thinking about making my own protein bars

And thanks again for any and all help. Really means a lot to me

theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need that much protein and that many carbs at 154 lbs. Your calorie intake seems correct though.

Don't rely on creatine for your nutrition, you really shouldn't rely that much on your whey shakes (3 shakes a day?) to meet your nutritional needs either. Just (as simple as it may sound) eat man. Try to space your meals out (two-three hours apart) and have roughly 5-6 meals a day with snacking inbetween. The trick isn't to eat one meal and be full, but to space it out n' eat many meals a day. This will let you add teh calorie, protein and all else you need for a daily day of eating. The more you eat, the more you'll be able to eat.

Why are you following 57/37/10 split? All of that protein probably won't get absorbed by the body if you could even get that much in. Follow a more common split, I recommend 40/40/20 cause your fats will help your insulin and to add mass.

Time to look at the nutrition section and see some food ideas. Real food is better than any supplement out there. Slamming three shakes a day is for newbies who can't/don't apprecaite the real benefits of real dieting (not calling you a newbie cause it appears you've done some research.)

Eat real food and eat it often.
    Last edited by theoryTim; 03-11-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion... without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrossStealth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I was following the MAX-OT Program which suggested the 53/37/10 split and the supplements were supposed to be slightly different but i cut some of them out. I heard its good tot ake protein before and after workout and then at night before bed to help with repair and muscle gain.

So what do you suggest. Take how much creatine and whey? like 2 shakes a day? 1 after workout and 1 at night? mix some creatine into both of those and eat nomally? I eat too much **** and ive cleaned up my fiet a lot and i want to fix it but I dont know what to eat. I live alone in a small apartment so I just dont know what to make for myself to be honest

theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) theoryTim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CrossStealth View Post
    Well I was following the MAX-OT Program which suggested the 53/37/10 split and the supplements were supposed to be slightly different but i cut some of them out. I heard its good tot ake protein before and after workout and then at night before bed to help with repair and muscle gain.

So what do you suggest. Take how much creatine and whey? like 2 shakes a day? 1 after workout and 1 at night? mix some creatine into both of those and eat nomally? I eat too much **** and ive cleaned up my fiet a lot and i want to fix it but I dont know what to eat. I live alone in a small apartment so I just dont know what to make for myself to be honest
    I'd take one whey shake and that would be AFTER workout. With this shake i'd take 5 or 6 g's of your creatine and that is plenty enough for that. If you decide you must take another shake, yes at night would be good. This is the only time i'd recommend mixing your whey with milk...

Protein is good at anytime during the day, but before workout you want to carb load (pasta, rice, fruit, etc.) I'd recommend eating a carb-packed meal 30-40 minutes before workout than adding some simple/complex carbs also after workout (people use dextrose, maltodextrin and or Waxy Mazie Starch (which would be my recommendation) to add to your whey shake.)

Focus on slower absorbing protein at night. Casien (diary products (hence why I said milk) and cottage cheese and most if not all diary products.)

I slam 1.5-2 cups of cottage cheese before bed... If you need food ideas, search them up on this forum. This forum has so many good food ideas (for either carbs, protein, etc) that Martha Stuwart would get hard nipples if she was to read.

I didn't know Max-OT recommended that food split. Goes to show you how much I know cause I love that routine. BUT I probably forgot about that since I also don't approve of their cardio scheme either.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion... without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Im on week 1-4 and they didnt suggest any cardio yet but i do 5 mins before to egt my blood moving then warm up sets before I do my main sets. But yea they had a huge pdf file thats like 30+ pages and a bunch of it is just the nutrition im just worried about getting too much or not enough of my cals/carbs/fats I life in NY and Im surrounded by food thats bad for you and i work at applebees so my ideas on foods are warped I think I mean i know obvious ones like white rice grilled chicken lean red meat cottage cheese pastas breads tuna. but I just know im gonna mess up. And I do all the research and relay it to 2 friends so im worried about messing up them aswell

How can you mess it up? Deep frying food = bad. Grease = bad, use Olive oil (good source of fats) to cook your meats.

You know how to use the formula and apply it, go with my 40/40/20 split. Here you will still get PLENTY of protein, carbs and you won't be exlcuding/neglecting your fats.

Fish oil, get some of that. Excellent fat source. Restaurants food are likely all bad in some way cause they aim more for taste rather than nutrition to get customers to come back n etc. Just cook healthy. Besides when applying those formulas the results you get may be too much stuff than what your body may actual need. To me, it's just a good goal to aim for but if you fall short it's not like your body isn't going to grow.

Good luck man with your diet n' Max-OT. If you come up with a sample daily day of dieting post it up. I or someone here can help you more. I don't think anyone is going to want to sit here and write up one for you tho' from scratch.

Thanks a lot for all your help I repped you. The only reason I wanted to do the lower carbs is because I dont want it to be stored as fat as most people develop a belly during the mass building phase. Id rather keep it as tight as I can so when I cut I can get as cut as possible.

Just cut out carbs after a certain time. Like 3-4 hours before bed make sure you don't consume any carbs. You don't want to cut them out completely.