PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Can cottage cheese and milk (or any dairy products) cause bloating?

By bloating i mean, appearing fat when your bf% isnt actually that high?

Would it be wise to remove cottage cheese and milk on a cut? I'm bulking at the moment and consuming a hell of alot of cottage cheese (about 3-4 tubs a day) and about 1 liter of milk a day.

Would this ammount be "bad" while trying to attain more definition?

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    High sodium in cottage cheese = water retention = BLOATING

Cut down on the cottage cheese, get some whey and lean meat in there.

Too much cottage cheese / milk will also be bed due to the vast amount of lactose you'll be ingesting. If you're even slightly lactose intolerant, which most people are to a point, that will cause you to bloat!

I'll take my reps green thanks

Last edited by debrovnik; 03-11-2008 at 03:14 AM.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeteCraig is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post
    High sodium in cottage cheese = water retention = BLOATING

Cut down on the cottage cheese, get some whey and lean meat in there.

Too much cottage cheese will also be bed due to the vast amount of lactose you'll be ingesting.

I'll take my reps green thanks

lol hold up a sec there buddy,

Why is lactose bad? Isn't lactose a "good" carb", it's natural and it's rated fairly low on the GI scale?

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

I edited my post a bit, see above.

Lactose in ****ing horrendous as most if not all humans are intollerant of it to a certain degree.

It causes bloating, excess mucus, tiredness, allergy type symtoms and is enerally bad ****. Cows Milk is designed to fatten up calfs, not for humans to consume.

Eating diary is very un-natural, humans being the only animal who:

a) continue to drink milk past infancy

b) drink the milk of another animal

The amount of lactose you'll be ingesting is huge and you need to cut it down badly!!!
    Last edited by debrovnik; 03-11-2008 at 03:27 AM.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

I edited my post a bit, see above.

Lactose in ****ing horrendous as most if not all humans are intollerant of it to a certain degree.

It causes bloating, excess mucus, tiredness, allergy type symtoms and is enerally bad ****. Cows Milk is designed to fatten up calfs, not for humans to consume.

Eating diary is very un-natural, humans being the only animal who:

a) continue to drink milk past infancy

b) drink the milk of another animal

The amount of lactose you'll be ingesting is huge and you need to cut it down badly!!!
    Yes i understand that, i usually have about 350g of (cottage cheese) at a time, maybe an average of 3-4 times daily.

I dont find myself intolorant to it at ALL, it goes gown very well, only on a select few instances where ive eaten 500+ grams at once did it cause a bad reaction.

How many servings should i limit myself to if i want to cut? i cant cut it out all together can i, it's one of the best sources of protein?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PeteCraig View Post
    By bloating i mean, appearing fat when your bf% isnt actually that high?

Would it be wise to remove cottage cheese and milk on a cut? I'm bulking at the moment and consuming a hell of alot of cottage cheese (about 3-4 tubs a day) and about 1 liter of milk a day.

Would this ammount be "bad" while trying to attain more definition?
    no, dairy is very beneficial on a cut or bulking, fit them into your macros.. getting calcium when eating a high protein diet is very important, and the whey/casein blend from these products are also very good for your body. Vitamin D and calcium are hard to find otherwise, and they are great sources of cheap protein foods.

btw they do make NO SODIUM cottage cheese.. try friendship.. its the best stuff!

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    no, dairy is very beneficial on a cut or bulking, fit them into your macros.. getting calcium when eating a high protein diet is very important, and the whey/casein blend from these products are also very good for your body. Vitamin D and calcium are hard to find otherwise, and they are great sources of cheap protein foods.

btw they do make NO SODIUM cottage cheese.. try friendship.. its the best stuff!
    lol im really confused. IN the book im currently reading it said dairy products causes a bloated look also. At the moment i always count the lactose in dairy and it fits my daily ratio, for example id eat somthing like 350g cottage cheese and 1 slice of whole grain bread which gives me roughly 40g protein 30g carbs in total.

Im wondering how many servings i can have a day in total or if i should drop it alltogether as part of a cutting diet

I dont find myself intolorant to it at ALL, it goes gown very well, only on a select few instances where ive eaten 500+ grams at once did it cause a bad reaction.
    You probably wouldn't notice the intolerence - I didn't for ages, I was eating about 1kg of cottage cheese a day.

Excess mucus in you throat, tiredness, stomach cramps, just small things really, things that you wouldn't really attribute to an intolerence.

But it's there... lurking...
    BMBC - DinoT1985

lol im really confused. IN the book im currently reading it said dairy products causes a bloated look also. At the moment i always count the lactose in dairy and it fits my daily ratio, for example id eat somthing like 350g cottage cheese and 1 slice of whole grain bread which gives me roughly 40g protein 30g carbs in total.

Im wondering how many servings i can have a day in total or if i should drop it alltogether as part of a cutting diet
    I wouldn't drop it completely, just lower your consumption a bit!

I still keep some cottage cheese in, just not 1kg a day
    BMBC - DinoT1985

I wouldn't drop it completely, just lower your consumption a bit!

I still keep some cottage cheese in, just not 1kg a day
    how much should i be having?

I used to be intolorant to lactose, when i used to have milk i'd fart non stop, but im pretty sure i'm over it now. I dont have any problems whatsoever with the ammount of cottage cheese i eat.

how much should i be having?

I used to be intolorant to lactose, when i used to have milk i'd fart non stop, but im pretty sure i'm over it now. I dont have any problems whatsoever with the ammount of cottage cheese i eat.
    I found cottage cheese pretty good too, I can eat loads of it!

If you're having protein shakes with whey, just stick a small scoop of cottage cheese in - easy! Not too much, not too little.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

I found cottage cheese pretty good too, I can eat loads of it!

If you're having protein shakes with whey, just stick a small scoop of cottage cheese in - easy! Not too much, not too little.
    Hmm ok but also, i'f im consuming whey protein, i've almost ALWAYS mixed it with milk. If im serious about getting ripped, how else can i have it? i mean it can't be mixed with water can it?

Hmm ok but also, i'f im consuming whey protein, i've almost ALWAYS mixed it with milk. If im serious about getting ripped, how else can i have it? i mean it can't be mixed with water can it?
    It can't be mixed with water!?!?!

Are you serious????? Why wouldn't it mix wit water????

I have water with mine every day!
    BMBC - DinoT1985

It can't be mixed with water!?!?!

Are you serious????? Why wouldn't it mix wit water????

I have water with mine every day!
    Well if you mix it with water it generally flies straight through your body doesn't it?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if you mix it with water it generally flies straight through your body doesn't it?
    stop over stressing, drink your shakes with milk and fit it into your diet, it bloats some people because they are lactose to this much dairy, reduce your cottage cheese to your before bed meal, keep ur milk in your shakes, and other then that focus on other whole foods... its very simple man.

Dont stress over soemthing so small, and no if a shake is mixed with water it could still release slow with fats added to it like peanut butter / olive oil .. etc etc

keep the skim milk post-workout it creates a bigger insulin response which is beneficial right after working out

read the discussing in my sig if you do not believe me