OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amount of carbs, protein, and fat I should be eating.

I've just started working out seriously a couple of weeks ago, and have been getting pretty crappy results, results, just crappy. In addition to just not being able to get through work-outs too easy. Now i'll admit i haven't been following the routine to a T so I got a little more serious about it over the last week or so but with no change at all, especially with getting tired in work outs. I've come to the conclusion it's my diet in which i've been counting nothing. I know the foods i should eat and i should eat them 5-6 times a day. that's all i follow.

I'm on a cutting diet, and apparently i should be eating 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats? But what exactly does that mean? Like since you're supossed to eat your weight in protein, would that mean the same amount of grams in carbs, and half that in fats?

for instance I'm 176lbs so i should eat 176 grams of protein and 176 grams of carbs and 88 grams of fat a day?

Also apparently my maintenance level with calories is about 2700-2800. Does that sound right to you guys for my weight?

RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/
    Use this to make sure maintenance is right

http://www.fitday.com/
    Use tihs to figure out your macros for 40/40/20
    Need some Motivation?
    https://www.********.com/Motivation.Inspiration

“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”

BodyGroups

█▬█ I Bring It █▬█

█▬▬▬▬▬█ Family Strong
    ✞웃웃웃웃웃✞

torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) torchard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea the calories sound right for a guy your size, im on a bulk right now and im 182lbs 5'1'' and im taking in 3000-3200 cals a day.

I'm also doing the same ration 40/40/20, but i try to get more protein than carbs so it may be upped a bit.

But for you, if you were to take in 2800 cals in day, heres how it should break down for the 40/40/20 ration.

2800cals
    280 g of protein (1120 cals)
    280 g of carbs (1120 cals)
    62 g of fat (560 cals)

hope that helps

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by torchard View Post
    Yea the calories sound right for a guy your size, im on a bulk right now and im 182lbs 5'1'' and im taking in 3000-3200 cals a day.

I'm also doing the same ration 40/40/20, but i try to get more protein than carbs so it may be upped a bit.

But for you, if you were to take in 2800 cals in day, heres how it should break down for the 40/40/20 ration.

2800cals
    62 g of fat (560 cals)

hope that helps
    second that
    unless you do alot of cardio then you need a bit more carbs

OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OscarGortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by torchard View Post

2800cals
    62 g of fat (560 cals)

hope that helps
    thanks.. but 280 grams of protein seems like a lot, hmm
    Last edited by OscarGortez; 03-11-2008 at 11:10 AM.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darknessWithin View Post
    second that
    unless you do alot of cardio then you need a bit more carbs
    Lol what? You got that backwards.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OscarGortez View Post
    I've just started working out seriously a couple of weeks ago, and have been getting pretty crappy results, results, just crappy. In addition to just not being able to get through work-outs too easy. Now i'll admit i haven't been following the routine to a T so I got a little more serious about it over the last week or so but with no change at all, especially with getting tired in work outs. I've come to the conclusion it's my diet in which i've been counting nothing. I know the foods i should eat and i should eat them 5-6 times a day. that's all i follow.

I'm on a cutting diet, and apparently i should be eating 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats? But what exactly does that mean? Like since you're supossed to eat your weight in protein, would that mean the same amount of grams in carbs, and half that in fats?

for instance I'm 176lbs so i should eat 176 grams of protein and 176 grams of carbs and 88 grams of fat a day?

Also apparently my maintenance level with calories is about 2700-2800. Does that sound right to you guys for my weight?
    Everyone will need a different amount depending on how active you are, how fast your metabolism is, your BMR , + intensity of workouts

using online calculators arent for everyone, you should really do a fitday.com and figure out what you are taking in during a day, shoot for a number and track it for a week or two and then monitor your weight

This is the only effective way to figure out what your body really needs, going off an online calculator is like trying to ask some crackhead on the street for advice ( its garbage )

take an amount of calories, shoot for that number, do a fitday.com with your foods, and experiement. its the only way to figure out what you need

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Everyone will need a different amount depending on how active you are, how fast your metabolism is, your BMR , + intensity of workouts

using online calculators arent for everyone, you should really do a fitday.com and figure out what you are taking in during a day, shoot for a number and track it for a week or two and then monitor your weight

This is the only effective way to figure out what your body really needs, going off an online calculator is like trying to ask some crackhead on the street for advice ( its garbage )

take an amount of calories, shoot for that number, do a fitday.com with your foods, and experiement. its the only way to figure out what you need
    Are you talking about the calories or the whole protein/carb/fat ratio as well?

I guess I'm pretty much trying to find some guidelines for me to follow. I know it's not going to be perfect but to get the accuracy you're talking about i'd have to put EVERYTHING i do and eat into fitday.com and that's just time consuming... plus even still in the beginning i'm still just guessing until i get some consistent results.