nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Bad to eat before bed?

Due to my job im forced to lift at night, sometimes pretty late right before i go to bed. My question is how bad is it to eat right before you go to bed? Before this job i used to eat and lift earlier in the evening and i could maintain a six pack pretty well. now sometimes i have to cram in my postworkout protien as well as some supper right b4 bed, because i dont have much time to eat.i havent changed my diet at all but i seem to be a lot more pudgy around the gut.
    Phils
    Bears
    Stars

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can you workout before work? That would probably be a better scenario for staying lean.

nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000) nebraskman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by labradarep View Post
    Can you workout before work? That would probably be a better scenario for staying lean.
    ya i could probly try. the only reason i dont usually lift in the morning is i can never get myself pumped up or motivated to start.
    Phils
    Bears
    Stars

gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nebraskman1 View Post
    Due to my job im forced to lift at night, sometimes pretty late right before i go to bed. My question is how bad is it to eat right before you go to bed? Before this job i used to eat and lift earlier in the evening and i could maintain a six pack pretty well. now sometimes i have to cram in my postworkout protien as well as some supper right b4 bed, because i dont have much time to eat.i havent changed my diet at all but i seem to be a lot more pudgy around the gut.
    If you have to eat a meal before bed, just make sure it has no or very low carbs and low calories. My nutritionist recommended years ago not to consume anything within 3 hours of bed when trying to lose weight. I am drinking a casein shake before bed these days because my personal trainer does it when she's cutting, and it worked for her. I went from 238 to 223 last month, so it appears to be ok to have a shake. I'm just not sure about a real meal..?

gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gogators222 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nebraskman1 View Post
    ya i could probly try. the only reason i dont usually lift in the morning is i can never get myself pumped up or motivated to start.
    Caffeine Free Ragnarok = your motivation

Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Josh5442 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eating before bed has nothing to do with it, I'm convinced. Why? .... I lost a ton of BF while eating 1 cup CC + 2 tbsp PB right before bed.

petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petelv26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

?

i know how you feel bro, i work nights too. if you are gonna continue to train after work and before you go to sleep, i dont think you really have a choice. you have to get in food after you train. no way around that one. just be carefull with your choices.
    also, if you are in a cutting phase then your metabolism should be in overdrive right now anyway, and eating before bed shouldnt be an issue if thats the case.
    are you doing enough cardio? are you sticking to your diet? there are alot of other things you can do to cut your bodyfat. dont freak about eating before bed. your not gonna get fat from that alone.

utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eating a large meal before bed IS BAD (for most people). However it is a good idea to take in some protein 1 hour before you hit the sack.

Registered User NamesAreHardToPick's Avatar
    NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's nothing wrong with eating before bed if you've done a good job at not over-eating throughout the day. The body has priorities and if - let's say you are carb depleted - before you go to bed, eating some carbs or protein will just get the liver to refill the missing fuel in your muscle cells. Of course, this is where quality does come into play as not everything can be used as muscle fuel (ie: fructose), but if you're depleted because of your schedule, than eating something before bed is not going to hurt. Building fat is what your body does when it gets an excess; you don't sound as if you are close to that state.
    "Fi mutationem vis videre." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/profile/namesarehardtopick/

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    calories in v calories out. eating before bed i think is GOOD idea. your nutritionist really said dont eat 3 hrs before bed! that is retarted. so basically....fast before you fast.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Josh5442 View Post
    Eating before bed has nothing to do with it, I'm convinced. Why? .... I lost a ton of BF while eating 1 cup CC + 2 tbsp PB right before bed.
    x2.. fitting it into your daily macros is what it comes down to. Josh says it well

If you lift at night, still dont disregard proper pre/post workout nutrition, load up on carbs at these times and breakfast, and through the day keep the carbs lower and play everything out to fit into your protein/fat's

Maybe eat a Big Protein + carb meal to start the morning, keep the carbs low throughout the day, and then around your workout make these meals larger in protein/carbs

if you could wake up and workout before work you would just make the morning carb heavy, and the rest of the day low carb ( this would really keep you leaner) and easier on your schedule if you could wake up early

i never thought i could do it.. now its a routine to be up at 4:30 a.m. to hit the gym early

Supp Misc Outkast digitalgoodtime's Avatar
    digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    i never thought i could do it.. now its a routine to be up at 4:30 a.m. to hit the gym early
    off topic, but damn when do you go to bed to get the proper sleep a bodybuilder needs every night? getting up at 4:30am, you'd need to go to bed at 9:30pm to get those precious 8 hours in...
    vegetable-based protein ftw

on hiatus - too many douche bags here.....

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by digitalgoodtime View Post
    off topic, but damn when do you go to bed to get the proper sleep a bodybuilder needs every night? getting up at 4:30am, you'd need to go to bed at 9:30pm to get those precious 8 hours in...
    at school im not even back in my dorm at 9:30 hell im lucky to get in my dorm around 10-11 and then start my homework.

my day starts at 4:30 and typically ends around 9-10 depending on work and meetings, i get around 4-6 hours of sleep a night,

8 hours would be great and all, but i function a lot better on less sleep, its just a habit now really

alright, thanks guys ill give all this advice a try.
    Phils
    Bears
    Stars