wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

my shoulder pops out of its joint

hi can any 1 offer advice on how to help my shoulder
    i play rugby league and union and i box
    when i tackle if my arm isnt right my shoulder just pops out of place
    obviously causing pain and immoblising my arm till it pops back in
    can any 1 whos had a similar injurie give me any advice for future to prevent this happening eg exercises
    but i box so just doing weights isnt to good an answer as boxing is a endurance sport

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is your posture like?

If you are round shouldered, it makes the shoulder joint unstable and more likely to sublux (partially pop out). This can stretch the nerve and cause pain as well. Might also stretch the joint capsule and cause it to become loose, allowing a full dislocation.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can pop my shoulders out of their socket just standing, and not using hands or anything, just make them pop out... lol sorry I just couldn't resist telling my 'skill' while this topic was up. Although I don't do it now because it can't be good for joints.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by waynebw View Post
    Although I don't do it now because it can't be good for joints.
    It's not!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First of all bro, the shoulder is a highly unstable joint, but with that being said, it shouldnt "pop in and out" ever....there is some obvious ligament damage, and no Rx's are going to help....You need to get into a doctor ASAP, or else you will only do further damage and will never fix the problem

Originally Posted by Grind4Mine View Post
    First of all bro, the shoulder is a highly unstable joint, but with that being said, it shouldnt "pop in and out" ever....there is some obvious ligament damage, and no Rx's are going to help....You need to get into a doctor ASAP, or else you will only do further damage and will never fix the problem
    Incorrect.

A shoulder can sublux in the absence of any ligamentous injury due to a laxity in the joint capsule form a protracted shoulder position and / or poor muscle control by the rotator cuff muscles.

In this instance, the condition can be remedied with appropriate exercises.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wadebasanovic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

my posture is good
    wat do u mena by round shouldered

Originally Posted by wadebasanovic View Post
    my posture is good
    wat do u mena by round shouldered
    Round shouldered is when you have poor / slouching posture and your shoulders sort of hang forwards and down.

If your chest muscle are too tight, that can also pull your shoulders forwards.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if this was something that was caused by playing rugby it's more than likely you've stretched the tendon, when you dislocate your shoulder you can disrupt your glenohumeral ligaments

do you know if it's anterior or posterior?

sorry usually the only way to resolve this is an operation to shorten the tendon
    Last edited by Mindi911; 03-12-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

eapple23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Exercises

I can pop my shoulders out of their socket just standing, and not using hands or anything, just make them pop out... lol sorry I just couldn't resist telling my 'skill' while this topic was up. Although I don't do it now because it can't be good for joints.
    haha ME TOO!
    and mine started to hurt, so i went to a trainer and she gave me some exercises to do. they will build up your rotator cuff, because the ligaments in your arm cannot perform, so your shoulder pops out of socket. If you build up your rotator cuff, then it will prevent the shoulder popping.
    Get a resistance band.
    Stand sideways and pull across your body (x10)
    Stand sideways and pull towards your body (x10)
    Stand with your back to the band and pull forward (x10)
    And face the band and pull back (x10)
    Hope this helps!

porc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

same problem

ive been grappling for about 10 years now, but around 3years ago i pop'd my should while grappling. within the last 3 years it has popped almost every 4-5 months. One of the most vunerable ways to pop it is if i shoot in for a single or double leg takedown and someone sprawls on my it pops almost right away. Since my arm is always up when it pops i feel it might have to do with a lack of back muscles (my chest muscles are more developed than my back muscles) but i also feel it could have a lot to do with the fact that i have popped it so many times that the tendons are loose.

I had an MRI done on it once but it showed nothing but alittle bit of inflamation. What should i do to prevent it.!!????

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by porc View Post
    ive been grappling for about 10 years now, but around 3years ago i pop'd my should while grappling. within the last 3 years it has popped almost every 4-5 months. One of the most vunerable ways to pop it is if i shoot in for a single or double leg takedown and someone sprawls on my it pops almost right away. Since my arm is always up when it pops i feel it might have to do with a lack of back muscles (my chest muscles are more developed than my back muscles) but i also feel it could have a lot to do with the fact that i have popped it so many times that the tendons are loose.

I had an MRI done on it once but it showed nothing but alittle bit of inflamation. What should i do to prevent it.!!????
    Strengthen rotator cuff muscles.

Stop aggravating it.

If you have muscle/postural imbalances you need to correct those too.

affmember804 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can do this as well. Have been able to since i was 5. Dont do it ever again. It destroyed my wrestling career. My shoulder is sooo loose there are so many excersizes that I cant do now because of it. So do not pop it out any more. No matter how easy it is to flirt with the girls by pulling your shirt off to show them. It will effect you. And not in a good way.

affmember804 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yes thats when mine always came out in wrestling practice. It has nothing to do with the back to chest ratio. My back is way stronger than my chest. You gotta do a bunch of shoulder excersizes. Everything youlift around the house and at the gym, clinch your shoulder blades together. It is uncomfortable. but if you want to be able to grapple just try it for three months. EVERYTHING you do clinch your shoulderblades together.

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    The external rotators (Infraspinatus-Teres Minor) and the supraspinatus are responsible for pulling your humerus in the glenoid (Socket). Strengthen these muscles. But I still don't know if you can pull your humerus out the socket and put it back with no injury or torn labrum or not!?

ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahkjdh13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

OMG i have the same exact issue!!! during wrestling, everytime id shoot for a double and get sprawled on my should wotuld temprarly dislocate for a few seconds and then go back. it pisses me off because the pain is intense and it makes you not want to shoot for peoples legs anymore

Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Royle1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had the exact same problem with my shoulder, it popped out near enough every month.

But i've gone near enough 7 months without popping out now.

My shoulder workout doesn't involve and over head pressing.

Start with 3 sets of crucifixes
    3 sets of Lateral lifts
    3 sets Vertical Rows
    3 sets of Shrugs
    Just started a new Super 7 for shoulders too
    Start with 7 crucifix type lifts on the cables, to 7 straight lateral lifts, to 7 full cross overs, starting you hand at head height with arm accross your chest and pull accross your body, slightly downwards finishing with your arm straight to your side with hand level to around the top of your abs.

Very good workout for strengthening the rotary cuffs and getting a good shoulder workout

Hope this helps
    Recovery is just as important as what you bench

ChampAli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm not a body builder

But for some reason my shoulder can pop out of place at any time. Sometimes I'll be reaching for a drank or anything and my shoulder just pops out but it pops right back in but it hurts like hell. Could anybody give me some tips on how to fix this problem. Maybe like some easy workouts I can do with dumbells maybe??? I need help.

bugzgalore is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Not a body builder

So I'm 21, I don't really do sport of any sort and haven't in a long time so mines not injury related... but I've been able to pop both my shoulders in and out of joint since I was a kid, not using hands and with very little effort. I was wondering if anyone else who could do the same also is quite flexible in other areas? My elbows and spine are both flexible, all my fingers hyperextend, I can do splits without stretching and I've never had to "learn" it through dance or sport. Along with all this though I've been getting quite bad joint pain, my doctor mentioned Marfan syndrome but Ive got no family history. Just out looking for people who maybe have the same skills and some answers about them 🙂