Registered User diegomaradona10's Avatar
    diegomaradona10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hip pain from walking on treadmill...

Has anyone ever strained their hip flexor while walking on the treadmill?

I weigh only 160 but while doing my morning cardio on Thursday I felt some pain in my right hip. 3 days later and the pain is still very prominent. I usually walk 45 mins on the treadmill at 8.5 incline and 3.5 speed.

How long does the injury take to heal?

Can I use a stationary bike or should I just stop lower body exercises completely?

Is the high incline the cause for the injury?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by diegomaradona10 View Post
    Has anyone ever strained their hip flexor while walking on the treadmill?

I weigh only 160 but while doing my morning cardio on Thursday I felt some pain in my right hip. 3 days later and the pain is still very prominent. I usually walk 45 mins on the treadmill at 8.5 incline and 3.5 speed.

How long does the injury take to heal?

Can I use a stationary bike or should I just stop lower body exercises completely?

Is the high incline the cause for the injury?
    Are you sure it's your hip flexor? Do you normally do impact exercises or exercises that involve your hip flexors?

Not to scare you but a femoral neck stress fracture can be misinterpreted to be a hip flexor strain (happened to me).
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

No, I dont think I do any impact exercises using my hips.

Right now I do squats, lunges, deadlifts, HIIT on the elliptical throughout the week. 5 days a week I walk on the treadmill in the morning.

On Thursday I felt fine after completing my 45 mins of walking, but when I got into my car I felt the pain in my hip. 2 hours later the pain was gone and I did HIIT in the evening.

The next morning I felt fine but 30 mins into my walk I felt pain in my hip. I completed the final 15 mins and stretched but the pain is still there.

It feels much better today, the pain is very minimal. I feel it for a couple of minutes and then it goes away.

Could it have been just a strained muscle?

I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow before determining if I need to see a doctor.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It feels much better today, the pain is very minimal. I feel it for a couple of minutes and then it goes away.

Could it have been just a strained muscle?

I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow before determining if I need to see a doctor.
    Possibly... or there could be some pinching or inflammation in the muscle or attachments. Might also be a sign of quad-ham inflexiblity or an imbalance as well. If you sit a lot, that could be a factor as well.

Just play it by ear...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

I'm pretty sure I have inflexibility problems in that area and I do sit a lot at home, school etc.

How long do you think I should wait before I can resume lower body workouts?

Can I use the stationary bike for extended periods of time?
    Last edited by diegomaradona10; 03-10-2008 at 11:48 AM.

I'm pretty sure I have inflexibility problems in that area and I do sit a lot at home, school etc.

How long do you think I should wait before I can resume lower body workouts?

Can I use the stationary bike for extended periods of time?
    I'm no doctor ... so all I can say is to work on your flexibility and on correcting any muscle imbalances ... and do what doesn't aggrevate it.