Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Irregular heartbeat

Hi,

Since a couple of month I've been experiencing what I think is irregular heartbeat. I know I should have consulted a doctor faster and will do so in the next weeks but has anyone ever had some in my age range?

I'm 35 and in relatively good shape. I've always and still have an above average cardio. Actually, I don't feel them when I'm doing an intense cardio session but when I'm lifting. When my heartbeat goes from let say 90 at the beginning to 115 at the end of my set is where I sometime feel a strange feeling in my chest. No pain but just a strange feeling.

If you've experience it and consulted, what happened next for you? Any prescription, surgery?

Thanks for the info
    Frederic
    18 and One Giant lost

SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SmokeNB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey,

I experience an irregular heartbeat every so often. Actually I get periods where I have them consistently, about every 3 to 8 beats. In my case, it is an extra heartbeat called an atrial premature contraction. When these happen, the ventricles don't get the blood they need on that beat so the next one feels stronger and is where you become aware of the irregularity.

Mine can be brought on by too much chocolate, caffeine, etc (and purple k creatine pills) They are harmless unless you have a previous heart condition. It could also be atrial fib which is much more serious, pvc's, or something else.

To be safe, see a doctor, but I wouldn't worry too much.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe it would be a good idea to get a cardiogram, don't think it's such an unusual thing to have an irregular heart beat but the fact that your feeling something in your chest when it happens might be reason to.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most definitely see a doctor. I was diagnosed with atrial fib about 6 years ago. The bouts started like yours and got to the point where I had to be admitted to the hospital because my heart was so out of rythm. I had to be defibulated to put it back in rythm.

Mine is triggered by high blood pressure. I was put on a beta blocker about 3 years ago which pretty much fixed the problem. It isn't a life threatening condition unless a clot would develop in your heart due to the contractions not being complete. If the clot would happen to break lose, you could suffer a stroke.
    2008 IFBB North America Over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

large doses of coenzyme Q10 will help

and it alleviated my blood pressure problems as well. try at least 300 mg of a good Kaneka Q10 or Kaneka ubiquinol in a lesser dosage.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I get irregular beats too. Unlike IAFF3591 who gets PACs, I get PVCs (ventricular rather than atrial). I don't get them during exercise, that I know of, but they can happen any time. And EKG can tell you what's up. PACs and PVCs are pretty common. My thyroid meds have to be dialed down or I get them nonstop. Annoying buggers.

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PROT View Post
    and it alleviated my blood pressure problems as well. try at least 300 mg of a good Kaneka Q10 or Kaneka ubiquinol in a lesser dosage.
    Your post is close to giving medical advice and recommending treatment. While I know you are just trying to be helpful, if indeed the OP takes your advice rather than doing the proper thing and being thoroughly checked out by a doctor it could be harmful to his health.

mtlbigblue have it checked by a doctor, do not treat yourself.

rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I saw a doctor a few years back for something similar, and still every now and then I get what feels like some "jumps" in heartbeat.

I wore a monitor for a few days. Nothing irregular showed up. I also had an EKG, and again, things were seemingly normal.

But that was me. I'd suggest seeing a doctor if you have any doubts.

RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoscoPico will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have an irregular heartbeat. Diagnosed 2 years ago with a 24 hour Holter monitor. I have what are called supraventricular extrasystole. Basically a premature heartbeat in between two regular heartbeats. I tend to go into bouts that can last 1-2-3-4 weeks, or even months and where i have an extra beat every 2-3 beats so about 10 or so a minute.

It does not pose a problem with exercise, yet i feel every single one of them. Feel like a flutter in my chest, sometimes will take my breath away, sometimes will make me a tad light headed, and sometime will make me cough. THey are pretty annoying, but in my case, perfectly harmless.

The only way to see if they are dangerous or not is to capture the beats on an ECG via in the hospital or on an ambulatory Holter monitor. A doctor is best to provide advice. Good luck.

asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to see your doc and he/she will do an ECG, check your blood pressure, check a few labs like electrolytes, thyroid etc and will also do a thorough physical exam to look for murmurs, heart tones etc. What you describe sounds like PVCs as others have already mentioned or perhaps a sinus arryhthmia - of course it could be something more serious but your doc should be able to figure it out pretty easily. If you are taking any supplements, diet pills or energy drinks it is probably a good idea to stop those for now and let your doc know what you have been doing.
    Dr Smo

PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I gave my experience and advice and it was free

Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    Your post is close to giving medical advice and recommending treatment. While I know you are just trying to be helpful, if indeed the OP takes your advice rather than doing the proper thing and being thoroughly checked out by a doctor it could be harmful to his health.

mtlbigblue have it checked by a doctor, do not treat yourself.

Just like all the advice on here. Lots of others did the same. I personally believe doctors do more harm than good except in emergency situations such as accidents. My opinion. I often advise people NOT to go to the doctor because I do not believe the doctor will find the cause of the problem but will treat the symptoms with drugs and, ultimately the person will suffer from drug side effects or other symptoms caused by an underlying problem. There are very few doctors I have felt were trustworthy..ok only one.

My advice was based upon the written reviews of many people that have taken Coenzyme Q10 and have done well when "medical" treatment failed.

You gave advice you considered "proper". I did not slam you but feel the person should decide for himself what is "proper".
    Last edited by PROT; 03-09-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: You gave advice which you considreed "proper". I did not slam you. The person is free to decide for himself what is proper.

Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000) Barry Bonds is a name known to all. (+5000)

Your Caffeine/Supplementation Intake?

I had similar symptoms except mine happened at rest. Even woke me up a few times.

I don't know what triggered it, but I would get off any supps with any kind of stimulants. After about 3 years of some regularity, I can only feel it a couple times a year or so. Never felt bad or light headed.

Before it settled down, I did go through some stuff. It happened at my GP's office when I was hooked up to EKG. It was so irregular, she sent someone to borrow another doc's machine cause she thought hers was defective. Then they had the nurse take me to the hospital (wouldn't let me drive) where they gave me a shot in the stomach.

I would say mine was definitely stress related, and to a lesser degree hereditary.

Best of luck to you.

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have heart palpitations. I usually get them from exhaustion, too much caffeine, stress. It feels like your heart adds in a extra beat from time to time, or skips a beat. I can't tell for sure.

I went to the dr. got a stress test, hooked up to a monitor, wore a contraption for 24 hours. Had a EKG, everything was normal. My doc said healthy 18 year old people get these. Everybody gets them, but unfortunately I can feel mine. Not everybody does.

Get it looked at to make sure everything is fine. I wouldn't want you to read my reply and assume it's the exact same thing I have and do nothing about it.

Just be on the safe side and get it checked out.

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You gave advice you considered "proper".
    That's true but I also didn't recommend treatment with 300Mg of anything as you did.

JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just like all the advice on here. Lots of others did the same. I personally believe doctors do more harm than good except in emergency situations such as accidents. My opinion. I often advise people NOT to go to the doctor because I do not believe the doctor will find the cause of the problem but will treat the symptoms with drugs and, ultimately the person will suffer from drug side effects or other symptoms caused by an underlying problem. There are very few doctors I have felt were trustworthy..ok only one.

Wow. I think you must have an ax to grind against the medical establishment or something like that.

So here are two scenarios:

You - a friend comes up to you and says he has this discoloration on his arm. You say, don't go to the doctor, put some coenzyme q10 on it and you will be oK.

Me - same friend comes to me, I say go to the doctor. Friend finds out he has the early stages of melanoma and gets treatment and lives.

You- the friend puts CE-Q10 in the mark for a month, it gets worse, he goes to the doctor, its too late and then he dies.

You either had some kind of personal tragedy befall you or someone you care about or you are a wack-o. My opinion.

Ignorance is bliss.and so is conjecture ut coenzyme Q10 is taken internally

Originally Posted by JoeFab View Post
    Wow. I think you must have an ax to grind against the medical establishment or something like that.

So here are two scenarios:

You - a friend comes up to you and says he has this discoloration on his arm. You say, don't go to the doctor, put some coenzyme q10 on it and you will be oK.

Me - same friend comes to me, I say go to the doctor. Friend finds out he has the early stages of melanoma and gets treatment and lives.

You- the friend puts CE-Q10 in the mark for a month, it gets worse, he goes to the doctor, its too late and then he dies.

You either had some kind of personal tragedy befall you or someone you care about or you are a wack-o. My opinion.

Coenzyme Q10 is a nutrional supplement with many studies showing its efficacy for heart health. Statins, in particular, deplete this vital energy component from the body and heart. This supplement is not meant to be rubbed on (your ignorance is appalling). I used to take 3 medicines for high blood pressure but now take none since including coenzyme Q10 in my supplement regimen. A few people have been advised by their doctors to take this substance but most doctors are not conversant with nutrition at all. They treat symptoms of disease with drugs and I choose not to go that way.

I made a suggestion based in my personal experience and knowledge. Any idiot can saym "Go see a doctor". If he wantsto he can go see a doctor but if he wants a nutrional and less harmful approach he can consider my advice. No one is forcing him to take it. Considereing over 100,000 people a year die from prescribed medications in the USA, I consider it a safe and sane approach. This does not count the medical malpractice and errors plus the unnessary surgeries which kill many thousands more. These figures are really too low because of self reporting by hospitals and physicians. Everyone should be afraid to go to the doctor unless they know their doctor will not do them harm and will take a holistic approach. If your appendix is inflamed or your leg is broken you must see a doctor but for most "disease" the cure is in the cupboard or the health food store. KNowledge is the key to this and informed consent is not always an option with doctors. If you do not accept the treatment they recommend they will often not treat you at all. The consumer should be in charge of his own life and health. I choose to take that path and I have good insurance. My daughter is a nurse and I have lived with two nurses and they all said the same thing, "Stay away from the doctor if you want to live a long time".

Lukamar I'd like to know what you know about an appropriate dosage of coenzyme Q10? I have taken it and feel thats appropriate based on my experience. I currently take the more potent ubiquinol and only take 100 mg per day. This site has a steroid section where people routinely suggest dosages of steroids, thyroid medication, insulin, and HGH and you should go monitor that if you are an expert at judging whats appropriate.

Thumbs down

Lukamar I'd like to know what you know about an appropriate dosage of coenzyme Q10?
    Don't try and twist it around to make it look like I'm the culprit here. I know nothing about the dosage of CoQ10 or the dosages for a lot of other drugs either that has nothing to do with it. I'm not the one that recommended the OP take a supplement instead of having what could be a potentially serious heart problem checked out by a doctor. YOU were that person so don't try and slide out the door blaming it on me to divert attention from yourself. You recommended the dosage and treatment and that was just downright wrong and could result in grave consequences to the OP.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Geez, the guy needs to see a doc first and foremost and find out what it is. Once he has a diagnosis he can then make a decision about treatment if any at all is even needed. No one is forced to take meds. But you can't even make an informed decision about alternative treatment until you know what you have.

Odds are the guy just needs to cut down on stimulants or pinpoint other irritants in his diet.

Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been suffering with an irregular heartbeats for years. I got very ill last July (the hospital said it was probably viral) and went into afib -160 bpm. Spent a couple of days in the heart center. Was diagnosed with atrial fib. The cardiologist said that it's not life threatening, and it's more of a pain in the rear. My doc said I would have to have a fast heart for days before it would be serious. Had major skippage after doing sets of chins/pulls. Like EBA84, I was put on a low does beta blocker and it pretty much did the job.
    Last edited by Mataz; 03-09-2008 at 05:40 PM.

EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mataz View Post
    I've been suffering with an irregular heartbeats for years. I got very ill last July (the hospital said it was probably viral) and went into afib -160 bpm. Spent a couple of days in the heart center. Was diagnosed with atrial fib. The cardiologist said that it's not life threatening, and it's more of a pain in the rear. My doc said I would have to have a fast heart for days before it would be serious. Had major skippage after doing sets of chins/pulls. Like EBA84, I was put on a low does beta blocker and it pretty much did the job.
    Exact same thing here. Does the beta blocker work good for you?

If anyone is having heart problems I would most definitely get it checked out and not try to self medicate yourself. There is a real danger of a stroke with an irregular heartbeat.
    2008 IFBB North America Over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Hell, My Doc told me to take COQ10 100mg's a day, 2000mgs Omega 3 fish oil, Spirulina, B-12, Vit C, Kick Ass Multi and plenty of Fiber so I cant drop at least a "couple of dueces" a day. But, that was me, knowledge is power and and ECG & a Stress Test wouldn't be a bad thing to ask your doc about especially if your have Insurance to pick it up.

Go on Web MD and you can find everything that is wrong with you even if you didn't think that you had anything wrong. Be certain that you will find something that's wrong with you if you didn't think something to be wrong, I had a co-worker who's husband would be certain at least once a week he had "something" he found on WebMD...yikes.

If it was me and since we're all in the OVER 35 crowd here, better safe than sorry and get in to see your PCP.

Good Luck,

Mike
    I thought "Eating Clean" was washing your hands before dinner...darn it! Wrong Again!
    Mike F
    Mid Michigan
    USA

mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtlbigblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks a lot for every answers. I will definitely go see a doctor asap but I wanted to hear from anyone who experienced the same feeling as I do. Glad to hear I shouldn't get any major problems from it
    18 and One Giant lost

you tried to make me look like a culprit for suggesting a natural alternative

Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    Don't try and twist it around to make it look like I'm the culprit here. I know nothing about the dosage of CoQ10 or the dosages for a lot of other drugs either that has nothing to do with it. I'm not the one that recommended the OP take a supplement instead of having what could be a potentially serious heart problem checked out by a doctor. YOU were that person so don't try and slide out the door blaming it on me to divert attention from yourself. You recommended the dosage and treatment and that was just downright wrong and could result in grave consequences to the OP.

You are assuming I'm wrong although you have no knowledge of what I recommended. I take full responsibility for my advice. Looking at your picture I can hardly believe you make a living as a trainer but anything is possible I guess. I did not criticize your advice nor would I waste my time when you look like you could pass on any time.

Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fishhawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started to have an irregular heartbeat when I was around 35. I was going through a lot of stress at the time (marriage, job issues). Finally saw a doctor and he confirmed that it was stress related. He said I could go on medication, or do whatever I had to do to remove the stress from my life. The job issue worked itself out and I got divorced. The irregular heartbeat went away within 24 hours of my moving out of the house and getting my own place. I have experienced it a few time since, but it has always been during abnormally stressful times.
    "Having no way as the way. Having no limitations as your limitations".
    Tao of Jeet Kune Do. Bruce Lee.

"The Iron never lies to you. The Iron will always kick you the real deal".
    Henry Rollins.

Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mataz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    EBA84, yes it's works great. 25mg atenolol

Looking at your picture I can hardly believe you make a living as a trainer but anything is possible I guess. I did not criticize your advice nor would I waste my time when you look like you could pass on any time.
    You are still trying to deflect criticism from your BAD and possibly harmful advice to the OP.

Attacking me personally is no way to solve anything.

I have one more thing to say to you. If you have been here since 2002 how come you have exactly ZERO information in your profile a rep of 61 and no Bodyspace at all. Until you can prove to me you are in better shape and have qualifications that are at least comparable to mine I'll take it that you are just a fat slob sitting behind a computer screen running your mouth and hiding your identity to create problems. It doesn't actually matter because you have no credibility after your comments anyway.
    Last edited by lukamar; 03-09-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow I just turned 24 and I've had heart palpitations for like 6 months now. I went to a doctor and he said i was fine, just lay off the caffeine. I'm saving to get an EKG and some other tests though. Man is this normal for someone my age to get this crap? Yall are like double my age!
    EliteFTS Power Rack
    Ironmaster Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=340739&d=1160948041

"Years ago we hardly had anything to eat. Now I earn more money and I see every opponent as a man that tries to put me back to that poorer period. That man has to be eliminated."

-Fedor Emelianenko

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Let's do this tactfuly.......WEAR A HEART MONITOR for 24 hours. If Doc does not do this...INSIST. I use to get that big THUMP in my chest. I have a Right Branch Bundle Block. Not life threatening.....yet. My heart also has a double beat....it double beats then pauses. Double, pause, double pause, etc. If it pauses too long it has one super beat....the THUMP. Hmmmmm, maybe that's why they call me Snake....hmmmm.

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, and to back up Luk, taking Zonatron 21, Exactabol 83, or Super Zeno, whatever, without going to your Doc is sheer lunacy.

JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeFab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The point is, and it has been made here already, is to get it checked out thoroughly by a doctor or doctors and then make a fully informed decision. I had a problem with a-fib, ignored it as being stress related or because of too much caffeine. I almost bought the farm. My arrhythmia was due to a congenital defect in my mitral valve. Because I was is such good shape, it did not affect me until my early 40's. I am very happy I saw a doctor and got treated instead of taking over the counter preparations and/or herbal remedies.

Arrhythmias can be harmless or they can cause a stroke or even worse, a fatal cardiac event. There are many causes for this. But whatever the cause, for example, if it is related to the left ventrical, you can have something happen and be dead before you hit the ground. If it happens in the left atrium, you could have blood pooling there and clotting which could cause a stroke.

I have a long time employee and friend who recently had a stroke. This guy was a fitness fanatic and it happened to him at age 59. What he is going through might be worse than dying.

Excellent doctors, nurses (who are not nearly appreciated enough) and excellent science has put me back right. I'm back to about 85% of where I once was and I will compete in some masters power lifting again. I'm planning on 2009 and I'm not doing it "just to do it", I'm doing it to compete and win.