View Poll Results: How often do you workout your abs?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a week

27 13.78%
  • Twice a week

52 26.53%
  • Three times a week

46 23.47%
  • Four times a week

29 14.80%
  • Five times a week

10 5.10%
  • Six times a week

4 2.04%
  • Every day

28 14.29%
    akharriman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Often Do You Workout Your Abs?

Right now I'm working mine out about 3 or 4 times a week, usually every second day... what do you find works best?
    I've got it coming to me... The world and everything in it...

Registered User crystallinentity's Avatar
    crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50) crystallinentity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do them as often as I can, usualy about every other day.

Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol, wheres the never option?

instig8or has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) instig8or has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do twice a week. Maybe i would do them more if i could see them all but i'm bulking at the moment so not too bothered. I know they are there still...somewhere.
    Besides by the time i've worked out my other body parts i'm pretty tired anyway

surf891 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Abs should be worked out like any other muscle- with resistance on a regular schedule. I'd say twice a week is about right, sometimes push to 3 but how can you work a muscle 4-7 times a week!? It doesnt make sense- when would it grow?

Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riskoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im never in the mood to do abs =\
    Arguing online is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win...you're still retarded.

johncchc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i am stil trying to lose fat on my tummy first. i been doing abs before and i didnt see any results. this was probably due to the immense fat i had on my stomach.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Stanco View Post
    Lol, wheres the never option?
    X2!

pumplover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pumplover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    surf is right about they should be trained just like every other muscle you train. only problem is no one really works their abs with as much resistance/intensity/length as their other muscles. I know i train each muscle for around 45 minutes but my abs i only do about 15 minutes. So working them out 3-4 times a week wont hurt IMO. Doing abs every day tho wont give them time to recover/grow

BRADLEY BEEF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I Strongly Believe That You Can Work Your Abs And Your Calves EFFECTIVELY Every Other Day

raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000) raigc157 is just really nice. (+1000)
    im on the 4 days a week bandwagon..but, i do weighted abs 2 times a week and non weighted twice and it works for me!

spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaniel1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I lift about 4-5 times a week and cardio about 2-3 times a week (KEY CARDIO IS WHERE ABS WILL COME FROM ALONG WITH DIET!) But for my routine after im done lifting i go to a mat that the gym has and do this:

30 crunches 15sec break
    20 right oblique crunches 15sec break
    20 left oblique crunches 15sec break
    10 sit ups with arms crossed (each hand touching opposite shoulder)
    50 Standing rotations with a broomstrick across shoulders, arms hangin over

I do that again 2 more times for a total of 3 sets and after my abs feel pretty good and worked...then like any muscle workout i usually get about 50-75grams of protein in me within the hour. This workout has been workin for me and sometimes i'll throw in some cable pull downs with my abs.

bigron147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ur not gunna see ur abs unless u drop body fat so if ur at higher than like 12% i wouldnt even bother doing abs till ur ready to drop that fat
    BENCH...225 X 1
    DEADLIFT...295 X 2
    SQUAT...315 X 5
    WEIGHT...145
    BF...???

SYNTHA-6
    GLUTAMINE
    FISH OIL

Krankenstein2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krankenstein2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krankenstein2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krankenstein2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i work them everyday except for sunday for 2 weeks then i work them every other day for 2 weeks

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i normally do seated ab crunches and side bends after a workout during the week and on saturday night before i hit the town i will do ab crunches at various angles for one set each angle

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by m_risinger View Post
    i normally do seated ab crunches and side bends after a workout during the week and on saturday night before i hit the town i will do ab crunches at various angles for one set each angle
    You're over training them. To much volume.

LMAO

sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sickdevildog1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    twice, ones on lower body day, and then on full body day.
    Semper Fi

★★★ Jason Genova is gonna make it Crew ★★★

★★★FAITH in Humanity Restored Crew★★★
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150516403

Misc Fire Team 2:
    Johnnybomb;DonMegaR;NotMeAgain;armymuscle01;girlygirl;sickdevildog1;MIH-XTC;awds;Sable Strenua;The Big E

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by surf891 View Post
    Abs should be worked out like any other muscle- with resistance on a regular schedule. I'd say twice a week is about right, sometimes push to 3 but how can you work a muscle 4-7 times a week!? It doesnt make sense- when would it grow?
    also put into the equation you work your abs with some complex exercises such as squats and deadlifts.

Lift hard and the abs will show.. limit abs to like every other muscle 1-2 times a week with some weights and leave it at that.

leave ur diet and cardio to show off the rest