murrelld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) murrelld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My minor rotator cuff injury diagnosis and prognosis - in case of any interest

Maybe not the most interesting thing in the world, but:

- had pain for a few weeks I was pretty sure was rotator cuff-related. Dropped shoulder and chest exercises and took anti-infs and it would feel better after a couple of days but kept hurting again after any upper body day, e.g., biceps, triceps, back.

- went to chiropractor. he did about 30 muscle/movement tests and determined I strained my teres major, supraspinatus, and one part of my posterior delt.

- he adjusted, electrified, massaged the area and various related areas, and got it all up and running again. BUT it's only going to stay that way if I do no upper body exercises at all for at least a month. I'm seeing him again in 2 weeks to get the whole adjustment gamut done again, then again in another 2 weeks for the same. At that point, assuming it feels good (which I'm sure it will), I'll try some very gentle upper body stuff and see if it re-strains anything. Hopefully it won't, and I'll be able to take it from there -- lightly restarting biceps, triceps and back, and probably not doing shoulders per se until I've done rotator cuff exercises for a month or so.

Big-time bummer, but hopefully it'll be fine within 2-3 months.

-Dave

ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What adjustments did he make? Did you see a chiropractor?
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120389691

http://www.xccellence.com/

murrelld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) murrelld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ccs77 View Post
    What adjustments did he make? Did you see a chiropractor?
    yeah, if you look at my post, items 2 and 3 deal with that. I don't know chiropractic lingo, but he did a bunch of adjustments to the area as well as some (apparently) related areas elsewhere on my trunk.

ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I go see my Chiro next week to see if he can help with my shoulder.
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120389691

http://www.xccellence.com/

bigred253 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey what kind of pain were you feeling in your shoulder? I have an injury to what I think is my teres minor and it just feels like a pinch back there and shoulder instability when i pull up into throwing position or across body arm extension. dont know if i can just rest then pt it or its going to need surgery rehab and i just lost my medical last month and cant afford to get it looked at.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can do self massage and it will help.

Fish oil for anti-inflam.

yeah im doing fish oil.. was on it for awhile actually and had stopped so i still had some leftover and started taking it again the other day when i realized something was def off in my shoulder.

I am also taking some tylenol/naproxen for anti inflam and i went out and grabbed some animal flex tonight since it was only 10 bucks more than the msm, glucosamine, chondroitin mix i was looking at and i've read good stuff about it.

self massage is kinda tough for me as the back of the shoulder/middle of back is a tough spot to reach.. and then massage around lol

thanks for the advice and help brain.. ill let ya know how it goes.

sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50) sifr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigred253 View Post
    self massage is kinda tough for me as the back of the shoulder/middle of back is a tough spot to reach.. and then massage around lol
    get a baseball, or hockey ball, or pool ball or something, put it between your shoulder and the wall, and move around.

Originally Posted by sifr View Post
    get a baseball, or hockey ball, or pool ball or something, put it between your shoulder and the wall, and move around.
    thanks i was actually going to try with a tennis ball later as i saw something about a tennis ball massage and figured this is what it meant.. i was going to do so laying on my back on a bed so there wasnt too much pressure but ill try it standing against a wall. appreciated.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can also use the corner of a wall to get the area in the back.