2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Does losing fat mean i have to be hungry??

I'm currently beginning a cutting program. I'm 6'2", 215 lbs, and I work out 1 hour a day (1/2 hour cardio, 1/2 hour weights). I eat about 3,000 cals a day; clean for the most part. I am planning on dropping down to about 2,500 cals a day. Does that sound reasonable for cutting?

And my biggest question: if i'm losing fat, am I supposed to feel hungry??
    Last edited by 2XL; 01-12-2007 at 11:21 PM.

rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rperin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your stomach will adapt to the deficit in calories over time, so as long as you're eating frequently you shouldn't feel a great deal of hunger.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm going to say something moderately controversial by replying with:

Yes, you are going to feel hungry. There are going to be times where you want to eat anything and everything in sight. While eating small meals frequently helps sooth the hunger, there is no way around it. You WILL be getting hungry.

Your body will only burn fat if it has no other fuel source available. Think about that for a minute.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2XL View Post
    I'm currently beginning a cutting program. I'm 6'12", 215 lbs, and I work out 1 hour a day (1/2 hour cardio, 1/2 hour weights). I eat about 3,000 cals a day; clean for the most part. I am planning on dropping down to about 2,500 cals a day. Does that sound reasonable for cutting?

Eats lots of greens. Veggies will fill your stomach while not putting a dent in your diet plans.

RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RoAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    (6'12") yao? yao ming is that you?
    You can do w/e you set your mind to doing.. beeeleedat

2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RoAR View Post
    (6'12") yao? yao ming is that you?
    oops! - i mean 6'2" lol

pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pk16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat about 6-8 meals...every 2 or 3 hours...small meals of course....and you wont feel hungry...once u start to feel hungry your body is telling you it needs nutrients and if it doesnt get it, the body will start to eat away your muscle.

thanks guys, these are all great tips

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post

Yes, you are going to feel hungry. There are going to be times where you want to eat anything and everything in sight. While eating small meals frequently helps sooth the hunger, there is no way around it. You WILL be getting hungry.

Your body will only burn fat if it has no other fuel source available. Think about that for a minute.
    Controversial but probably true!

Its worse if you dont have your blood glucose under control. This tend to occur as you age or if you are a carbohydrate addict.

I've been taking an appetite suppressant for a month. On the days I forget to take it I get very hungry at 3pm, and if I have a large lunch I fall asleep at 3pm.

If you have a diet that forces your body to change from burning carbs to burning fat to gluconeogenosis then you will feel hunger.

backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50) backer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are eating alot of small meals and getting enough water it should not be too bad.The water part is very important,cant stress it enough.Good luck.
    If you think you can or think you cant, your right.

HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2XL View Post
    I'm currently beginning a cutting program. I'm 6'2", 215 lbs, and I work out 1 hour a day (1/2 hour cardio, 1/2 hour weights). I eat about 3,000 cals a day; clean for the most part. I am planning on dropping down to about 2,500 cals a day. Does that sound reasonable for cutting?

If you're eating every two hours, you shouldn't be hungry. If you are, it's probably because you're not directing your mind to other thoughts besides food for the 2 hour duration in between your meals If you're losing fat you aren't "supposed" to really feel anything...it will depend on your body's internal environment, activity level, metabolism, etc. The mind, the mind, the mind. If you start worrying about being hungry before even beginning your cutting program, you are conditioning your mind to worry about it. Prepare your meals at the beginning of the day, and eat by the clock. Don't think about it, just eat what youre supposed to eat, when you're supposed to eat it, and divert your focus onto your day job, and whatever other tasks are important.
    You are born with a spark; to search for the truth, for the best you can be. Practice. Disipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day you are on top and they say you are an overnight success, a natural. You smile, you know. - Anonymous

Burning desire to get out of bed in the morning!!

Even the BEST were taught by someone who knows more than them!

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fact is, you're going to feel a *little* hungry. Not hungry like "Oh man I have a headache from not eating and now I just gotta eat SOMETHING I don't care what the hell it is!" (You'll only have that feeling if you miss meals!!).. It's going to be a very subtle feeling of hunger but it's not really hunger. It's either thirst or boredom that manifests itself as hunger because of a life of using food as entertainment or mental medication. Try drinking some water when you get that light "gnawing" feeling or focus your mind on an activity, hobby, work, exercise, reading a book, anything else that interests you to take your mind off of it.

So, basically just don't worry about feeling hungry - especially when you're eating 2500 calories per day at only 215lbs. That's a huge volume of food when you're talking 100% clean choices.
    Last edited by mpipes; 01-13-2007 at 11:09 AM.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post

I agree with this. I remember reading an article about Jay Cutler and in it he said something about cutting and how "you should always feel a little hungry." Now he did not mean starving everyday for weeks, but a little hungry, never quite satisfied. I feel the same way on a cut. Maybe others with better genetics than me can cut without feeling hungry. But I always feel hungry, that's why I love high carb day when I am on a cut.