ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProNocturnal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Have I really injured my rotator cuff?

Okay so I've been working out and eating properly for about 3 months now, after 2 years of not really taking my routine seriously and having on-off periods at the gym. I'm going off to Uni in September and want to start with optimal physique. So far stuffs going well. Last night I was hitting my legs and shoulders. After front squats I went straight into DB overheads and decided to start with a new highest weight (55lbs) for 3 sets of 7. Halfway through my second set I felt a brief pain and uncomfortable feeling in my right shoulder, which affected my form, but I carried on and finished my 3 sets. After this happened, lateral raises were the only other exercise that caused any pain, so I thought it was just a little pull, as I've experienced similar pain in the past, but only for a few seconds between exercises.

The next day at home, I tried some basic movements to assess the damage. Press ups = easy with pretty much no pain/ Lateral raises = easy but with slight tightness and pain. I can also touch my back pretty easily. However, Overhead presses with low ass weight = HOLLLLYYY FUARRRRKKKKK THATS PAINFUL. In fact, its pretty much impossible to complete one rep.

I have 4 months till Uni and I need that time to develop, with my chest and back being my priority. Does the fact I can complete push ups with no shoulder pain mean I have avoided a debilitating shoulder injury, which could have me out for months? Or does the fact I cannot even complete an overhead press mean I need to consult a physician and come to terms with cutting out Upper-body?

findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10) findz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ProNocturnal View Post
    Okay so I've been working out and eating properly for about 3 months now, after 2 years of not really taking my routine seriously and having on-off periods at the gym. I'm going off to Uni in September and want to start with optimal physique. So far stuffs going well. Last night I was hitting my legs and shoulders. After front squats I went straight into DB overheads and decided to start with a new highest weight (55lbs) for 3 sets of 7. Halfway through my second set I felt a brief pain and uncomfortable feeling in my right shoulder, which affected my form, but I carried on and finished my 3 sets. After this happened, lateral raises were the only other exercise that caused any pain, so I thought it was just a little pull, as I've experienced similar pain in the past, but only for a few seconds between exercises.

The next day at home, I tried some basic movements to assess the damage. Press ups = easy with pretty much no pain/ Lateral raises = easy but with slight tightness and pain. I can also touch my back pretty easily. However, Overhead presses with low ass weight = HOLLLLYYY FUARRRRKKKKK THATS PAINFUL. In fact, its pretty much impossible to complete one rep.

I have 4 months till Uni and I need that time to develop, with my chest and back being my priority. Does the fact I can complete push ups with no shoulder pain mean I have avoided a debilitating shoulder injury, which could have me out for months? Or does the fact I cannot even complete an overhead press mean I need to consult a physician and come to terms with cutting out Upper-body?
    Stop doing overhead presses and the flat barbell bench. Train your back hard, and train your chest with dumbbells. End of story.

Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000) Epervier is just really nice. (+1000)
    stop overhead and lateral movements right now, you need to give your shoulder a rest for a while until the pain goes away, take anti-inflammatories and ice it... once the pain is gone, check if your RC muscle is weak, you can test out by doing internal/externation rotations, if the exercises is very difficult with low weight (but not painful) then you should do some RC strengthening routine
    zebi

exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exelixis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Epervier View Post
    stop overhead and lateral movements right now, you need to give your shoulder a rest for a while until the pain goes away, take anti-inflammatories and ice it... once the pain is gone, check if your RC muscle is weak, you can test out by doing internal/externation rotations, if the exercises is very difficult with low weight (but not painful) then you should do some RC strengthening routine
    Op can you do arnold presses? It sounds a lot like what I 've got right now only I didn't develop it during an exercise. It is painful when doing overhead presses but I can do arnold presses. Staying out didn't help at all and I tried more than a month.