DottsBaller5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DottsBaller5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which body parts are good to work together?

Basically, is biceps and triceps in the same day bad?

Here's my combinations:

Abs/Obliques
    Shoulders/Back
    Biceps/Triceps<<<<<<<<<<<<<Should I switch any of these up
    Chest
    Legs
    Vertical: 36"

ON Whey, ON Casein, Muscletech Creatine

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    triceps and chest and biceps together. but i believe some people do biceps with back or legs, maybe wrong. and you don't need to dedicate a whole day to abs/obliques.
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Davidv602 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heres what i was doing before i started to do FSUmuscles workout:

Chest/Triceps
    Shoulders/Legs
    Back/Biceps/Forearms

EDIT: also, i worked core on all three days. So i worked out Wed. Fri. Sun.

Good luck, Have Fun, God Bless.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    calves chest and biceps. its all you'll ever need.

Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Upper/Lower or full-body. LMAO @ a full day of working out chest as an athlete.

ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ewong11692 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by teriyakisaki View Post
    What about triceps, since triceps are for pushing motions?

roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    and cell tech
    Negs current month join date's on sight crew

jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhashey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are some benefits to working the push/pull muscle groups together, such as chest and back, or quads/hamstrings, bis/tris, etc. However this isn't always most efficient for athletes because if you are going to the gym and working just bis and tris you are wasting a trip to the gym (as an athlete). Our split in college was

Chest, shoulders, tri's ME
    Legs, Back, Bi's DE
    Rest
    Chest, shoulders, tri's DE
    Legs, back, bi's ME

You could throw in an ab curcuit on a DE day, but I wouldnt go to the gym and spend an hour working out the abs, again from an athlete perspective since this is a sports thread. Rules change some for BB'ing.
    J. Hashey, CSCS, Owner - Synergy Athletics

Website/Blog: www.synergy-athletics.com
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/jhashey
    EliteFts Article Contributor, Diesel Crew Forum Mod,
    Author -Bull Strength Training- www.bullstrength.com

Registered User m_wolverine_fan's Avatar
    m_wolverine_fan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile honestly

I think you should be doin upper one day and lower the next....abs on lower day...

The things you do is something a body builder would do...

I'm not sure wat sport u play but...for example in football u dont just use ur bid and tri...u use your whole body to make a tackle or watever..and in base ball u use all your muscles to hit the ball..

Wat I'm getting to is you should focuse on Olympic liffts like power clean...and lifts like bench,squat and deadlift...

And when u finish those u can do ur secondary stuff like DB's... And plyos is a whole nother story.....

EDIT: sorry shoulda checked ur sport...basketball trains diff than this...unless u play one of these. Sports then dont worry bout wat I said
    Last edited by m_wolverine_fan; 03-09-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    thats all i need to get hyuuuge?!?!?!

SHHaun1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best thing to do is Day 1- chest and tricep Day 2 rest. Day 3 back and bicep Day 4 rest Day 5 legs and shoulders. Day 6 rest. And so on

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Athletes should not train like bodybuilders. Knowing your sport would greatly help, but all sports weight training would be improved by looking more to a full-body system that addresses general strength. The means focusing on things like squats (either back or front), press or bench press, pull-ups/chin-ups, cleans. These exercises are often done in the same workout (no upper/lower or push/pull split). This is usually because you also need to work in things like plyos, cardio, and sports-specific skills.

As a starting point, most people I know would suggest something like Starting Strength or The Strongest Shall Survive (Starr's 5x5).

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DottsBaller5 View Post
    Basically, is biceps and triceps in the same day bad?

Here's my combinations:

Abs/Obliques
    Shoulders/Back
    Biceps/Triceps<<<<<<<<<<<<<Should I switch any of these up
    Chest
    Legs
    Are you training for bodybuilding or athletic performance?
    If bodybuilding, then splits are fine and then one you got listed there will do.

But since you're posting this in the Sports Training forum, then I assume you're more concerned about athletic performance (and don't worry, training for that will still get you a beach worthy body that bodybuilding splits are made for).

Cthulhupun is on the right track with his suggestion: don't think of individual muscles, think of training movements/lifts. Such as you do cleans and front squats one day, bench press and snatch another and back squats, pull ups and jerks on a third for example.
    Train lifts not muscles.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conor340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Depends on goals

If the reason you ask is simply for a frame of reference then there are plenty of combinations. You just don't want to neglect certain body parts. If you're training for a sport, I would suggest sticking to upper body and lower body days.
    Conor
    Certified Athletic Trainer
    http://starfactoryfitness.com/