The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Partial Pec Tear surgery

Last week I suffered a minor tear of my pec. At first the doc believed it was a strain and it never bruised so I figured it was, but after seeing it disfigured I know that is not the case. The doc believes it is torn at the musculotendinous junction. Typically surgery is not done for something like this because for a minor tear like mine most people don't want to go through the rehab due to a surgery because most people regain full functionality with just rehab. However, I've got plenty of time and don't plan on competing until 2010 probably. I'm a professional bodybuilder and my image gets out on the net and in magazines quite often so If surgery can make it look any better at all I'm inclined to do it. I have read about a new procedure where they use a kevlar material to suture the muscle to the tendon. Apparently with good success. What I am wondering is if you all know of any good surgeons who do this type of surgery on the muscle/tendon insertion. I realize this is a shot in the dark but I figured I'd ask. IF you don't know any, if you have any referrals to people who may know, I would much appreciate it.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    damn man, i hope everything goes alright for you... does it hurt at all? stay strong man

/\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Newtime View Post
    damn man, i hope everything goes alright for you... does it hurt at all? stay strong man
    x2
    Good luck with the recovery
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    .............................. R.I.P...................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian............
    .............. ₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪₪...............
    .▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it doesn't hurt until I lift and then it is very uncomfortable. more than anything I am worried about the deformity

BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BABYBULL92003 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would like an answer to this as well. I had a major tear but the tendon never tore...the muscle torn from the tendom, and I have a MAJOR deformity. Toney Freeman had his repaird 5 yrs later. Mines been 2 yrs...Im hoping one day I can find someone.

What were you doing when it tore bro? I was benching of course!

likewise

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOKNSouoxWU

just a little motivation (not that you'd need it lol) for you, kevin nee training after a bicep tear...

m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

If you search alittle farther down in this section you will see my post asking the same thing! Man torn pec BLOWS.

It effects me in other workouts then just chest and it suck. Doing something like tricept pulldowns and my chest is tense with my left pec sticking out half inch more its rediculous. Only thing I really work without my chest feeling awkward is my back and legs.

I am curious to how my chest will feel afterward, or if I will ever be near my full potential on my chest again.

I will be performing this surgery by the end of the summer. I would love to hear anything you find out, as I will send you any info I find out also. I am not looking for just a surgeon im looking for someone I fully trust and knows 100% what they are doing. Tts getting done RIGHT the first time.

It's all about the peaks GBLynden's Avatar
    GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Last week I suffered a minor tear of my pec. At first the doc believed it was a strain and it never bruised so I figured it was, but after seeing it disfigured I know that is not the case. The doc believes it is torn at the musculotendinous junction. Typically surgery is not done for something like this because for a minor tear like mine most people don't want to go through the rehab due to a surgery because most people regain full functionality with just rehab. However, I've got plenty of time and don't plan on competing until 2010 probably. I'm a professional bodybuilder and my image gets out on the net and in magazines quite often so If surgery can make it look any better at all I'm inclined to do it. I have read about a new procedure where they use a kevlar material to suture the muscle to the tendon. Apparently with good success. What I am wondering is if you all know of any good surgeons who do this type of surgery on the muscle/tendon insertion. I realize this is a shot in the dark but I figured I'd ask. IF you don't know any, if you have any referrals to people who may know, I would much appreciate it.
    Dr. James Andrews. He is the best and helped John Cena (among many others) recover completely from his complete pec tear in just four months. If I tore anything, he's the guy I would go and see.
    CPT, CES, and FNS
    *RC Planes Crew*
    *Forbidden Hobbies Crew*

Learn about RC Flight: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180955113&p=1653577913#post1653577913

Join the Forbidden Hobbies Crew: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150920093&p=1005801753#post1005801753

BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BABYBULL92003 View Post
    i would like an answer to this as well. I had a major tear but the tendon never tore...the muscle torn from the tendom, and I have a MAJOR deformity. Toney Freeman had his repaird 5 yrs later. Mines been 2 yrs...Im hoping one day I can find someone.

What were you doing when it tore bro? I was benching of course!
    It is very hard to find a surgeon. They all can have the credentials, but one guy can botch surgeries constantly and one can be perfect.

The way I found my surgeon is was figure out where the popular local surgeons reside (which happens to be called the Orthopedic Institute where I am from) and then speak to the PT or the athletic trainers. Those guys and gals deal with everyone after surgery, and they know who can do what and who can do it the best. I would trust their opinion over one person who had one surgery done by one surgeon. Every once in a while you will hear a name of a surgeon who does surgeries for certain groups (an example I remember was a surgeon who performed shoulder surgeries on a professional baseball teams player), but hearing those stories are rare. I wish you luck in your search. Your best bet is to ask other professionals in your field who have had the same surgery who performed it, or simply do what I did and talk to the physical therapists.

buff6565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Andrews out of Atlanta is the best around, especially with athletes and/or sports related injuries like that. I had mine done by Dr. Schepsis out of the Boston Medical Center. He was good, and also teaches the surgery at BU so I had no second thoughts. And almost as important as the surgery, make sure you go to a good physical therapy location and therapist. It's a long road, best of luck.

Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
    Dr. James Andrews. He is the best and helped John Cena (among many others) recover completely from his complete pec tear in just four months. If I tore anything, he's the guy I would go and see.
    the problem is complete pec tear surgery is actually easier than partial pec tear surgery. If it tears off the bone you can just anchor the tendon back to the bone, but if it rips at the muscle/tendon surgery is trickier... it's been described to me as trying to sew wet noodles together. It is much less common

XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends on where you live, what insurance will cost etc...
    andrews from what I have heard is good. anyone providing services for the NFL is worth investigating.
    when I was competing in WSM, I ruptured my left bicep. I saw the group who at the time were the physicians for the seahawks. I was 360lbs at the time at 6'. he had access to open sided MRI, larger OR table, more knowledable PT/OT staff. I made a full recovery after a 2nd surgery (developed heterotopic calcification).

XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) XXXL_Bryan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    as for the kevlar, there are a couple products that either are sewn into the tendon and run through a drilled hole at the insertion point or they use kevlar as a blanket to encourage pressurized density of healing.
    I had donor grafts done to both my biceps without failure (knock on wood).

wow that's really cool, I'm glad you recovered!

m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m4gs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wish you luck with everything Layne. I typed in John Cena's Surgeon in Google and a bunch of stuff came up. See if you can contact that doctor and see his thoughts on what you need to do.

I didn't realize what Partial tear meant... I thought you had the same thing as me... However I do have a full tear to my pec Major muscle just like Cena did. Only part holding my chest in place is the pec minor, where it connected to the shoulder uptop.

Again GL, and if you get the surgery let us all know how it goes!
    -Tyler

GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how did you guys all injure your chests?

i was doin my warm up sets for flat bench (225) and i felt an insane stretch in my pec, like nothing i ever felt before had to stop chest that day ...i was afraid it was a tear but no bruising and no disfigurement but **** was two weeks ago and its still fuked..

good luck w ur recovery layne
    <HTC>

It's all about the peaks GBLynden's Avatar
    GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the problem is complete pec tear surgery is actually easier than partial pec tear surgery. If it tears off the bone you can just anchor the tendon back to the bone, but if it rips at the muscle/tendon surgery is trickier... it's been described to me as trying to sew wet noodles together. It is much less common
    It'll be tough, but if you read HHH's book, you'll discover that his physical therapists are top notch too.

Start with the best and go from there. After over two years of hell due to different injuries from a car accident, I am finally able to bench over 100 again for reps. Don't give up and don't write off alternative forms of healing after your surgery. You'll need to get your energy system back online after the surgery to recover completely regardless of who performs the surgery.
    CPT, CES, and FNS
    *RC Planes Crew*
    *Forbidden Hobbies Crew*

Learn about RC Flight: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180955113&p=1653577913#post1653577913

Join the Forbidden Hobbies Crew: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150920093&p=1005801753#post1005801753

Originally Posted by XXXL_Bryan View Post
    as for the kevlar, there are a couple products that either are sewn into the tendon and run through a drilled hole at the insertion point or they use kevlar as a blanket to encourage pressurized density of healing.
    I had donor grafts done to both my biceps without failure (knock on wood).
    do you mind if I asked who did your surgery? thanks

bump... common i know alot of you have gotten this surgery

kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kebir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you mind if I asked who did your surgery? thanks
    i had a minor tear in my back.. i still have a little pain here and there. but the muscle atrophy (minor) was fixed withing 4-5 months.. im still filling it out.. but looks almost balanced..my opinion is avoid surgery at all costs, rest, rehab, and hit the gym hard once you feel better

brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey what did it feel like when you did it? I had something happen to me yesterday.....It was really random I don't have a clue as to why, the weight should not have been enough.....I can only describe it as my pec sorta spasmed/rippled from the shoulder inward..and not it is tight and a bit tender..I don't remember any sound or pain.....more of just a off surprising feeling

i would get it checked out. better safe than sorry

CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaseyCjb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how common it is to have a tear or partial tear lower on the muscle? I have so much inflammation from the nipple down. To be specific, it is inflammed lateral to the nipple and down from the nipple. I massage my chest looking for pain etc. and as I go higher and lateral I don't feel any visible pain. I don't have any discoloration/bruising and it seems to have some disfigurement when contracted. I injuried it in late November/early December but unable to see a Doctor due to a lack of insurance.

In addition, if it is a muscular tear or partial tear, how does recovery look? Is it easier to repair if that were the situation?

I wish you all that have injuries good luck.

Casey

buff6565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless you tore a blood vessel you probably would not see any bruising. I didn't when I did mine. You could have also torn some cartilage in your ribs/sternum. Best of luck

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do have any pics to share Layne?

Hope it works out well for you.

Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Alphalfa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know this thread is old, but just curious on the updates/recovery process.

I'm in the same boat currently (exact same partial musculotendonous pec tear) and am wondering if surgery is completely necessary in order to make a full recovery.

EDIT: Layne, found your updates on another forum. GJDM, happy to see the progress. Do you recommend having the surgery done?
    Last edited by Alphalfa; 12-02-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

absolutely!

Papa13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question You still here?

absolutely!
    If you are still here I really would love to know how things went and if you have learned anything that can help me. I have donne the same thing as you did back in 08. I had the MRI and now the doctor said he can't do anything for me. The tear is a partial tear in musculotendinous junction. I lost my favorite part of my chest man the whole outer contour is gone. Have always been big and powerlifted, but a BB friend of mine got me talked into cutting down to see if I could do a show. A month and a half in I am just kicking butt and feeling great about it. 20 lbs down and holding my muscle well. Chest day arrives and I think I will stay light, work up to 315 and on the 3rd set it let go. I am beside myself with grief over this man.
    Read Philippians 4:13