rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

need help with my vegetarian diet...

basically, this is what i eat everyday (currently cutting).

here's my diet currently (i'm vegetarian)

egg whites- 60
    whole grain bread (1 slice) - 100
    plain oatmeal-200
    ----------

almonds (12) - 82 calories
    ---------------

whole wheat pasta-360
    low fat 1% cottage cheese-110
    morningstar veggie burger-170
    ---------------

almonds (12) - 82 calories
    ----------------

veggie hotdog- 80 cal
    bun - 120 cal
    mustard-10 cal
    red kidney beans- 180 cal
    ----------------

veggie burger-160
    cottage cheese-90
    veggies

---------------------------------------------------------------

about 1750 calories in total

+ working out 4-5 times a week at the gym.

can someone who's experienced help me fix my diet... ugh.. i'm having such a hard time getting it right. i'm told that there is too much sodium in my diet from the veggie burgers (is the sodium preventing me from losing the belly?) also, i'm going to replace the pasta with brown rice because of the starches.
    Last edited by rxghost; 03-05-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Balls-Attitude-Direction joeflex73's Avatar
    joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000) joeflex73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont know how much changing ww pasta for brown rice will help really. 1750 KCal isnt much, depends on your size and if your hitting up cardio as well. As far as the sodium, unless its an absolutely gross amount, I wouldnt worry too much about it. If you are, try and change your sources. I see you eat eggs, do you do fish as well?
    The No BS Guide to Caloric Intake, Cutting and Bulking by joeflex73
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107459791

Love football?: http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=14748563

Wherever I go, there I am tuberacer49's Avatar
    tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Did you go vegetarian for ethical reasons, or simply because you don't like meat?
    pong

rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rxghost is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tuberacer49 View Post
    Did you go vegetarian for ethical reasons, or simply because you don't like meat?
    no i don't care about the animals tbh.. lol... if you eat them, i don't give two ****s.

i honestly just grew up as a vegetarian.. i've eaten meat at times before, but i prefer the vegetarian lifestyle more. just my preference.

Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    I dont know how much changing ww pasta for brown rice will help really. 1750 KCal isnt much, depends on your size and if your hitting up cardio as well. As far as the sodium, unless its an absolutely gross amount, I wouldnt worry too much about it. If you are, try and change your sources. I see you eat eggs, do you do fish as well?

i used to be overweight.. around 250 lbs or so.. i crash dieted and came down to 170 pounds.. since then i've been eating the correct way, and losing slowly... i'm now 157 lbs but i'm 'skinnyfat' as they say. I have fat on my stomach that hasn't gone yet. So for my current weight, 1750 calories is just about right. I do cardio about 4-5 times a week.. and lift 3 days a week. But it's my diet that I want to perfect... I feel that I'm eating too many processed foods.. I want to replace most of them with healthy whole foods, while still being able to get enough protein for muscle building.

I don't eat fish btw.

Registered User progressiveman1's Avatar
    progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100) progressiveman1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by rxghost View Post
    no i don't care about the animals tbh.. lol... if you eat them, i don't give two ****s.

i honestly just grew up as a vegetarian.. i've eaten meat at times before, but i prefer the vegetarian lifestyle more. just my preference.
    Why is it a preference of yours? Do you not like the taste of any meats or milk products?