tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ok my 2 month goal

Tell me if you think this is feasable or am I just setting up for disapointment.

Currently I weigh 232 pounds. I am up from my weight last month of 226 pounds. That is a six pound difference. I would like to get up to 245 pounds and drop my waistline from 38 to 36, (see pics below)

I would like to get this done by May. I am going on a cruise and I feel like it is a good time to set a short term goal. I am currently using Ripptoe's workout and feeling like it is giving good results. I am using more weight that I normally would have and fewer reps. 5x5. I have also listed my workout routine and current weights. I will list all excercises that I do and I just mix them up so I get every excercise at least 4 times per week. I have been trying to hit the gym daily, but here and there I miss a day. Probably get 1 day off per week max.

My current excercises include

Deadlifts 5x5@75lbs
    Barbell rows 5x5@75lbs
    Squats 5x5@85lbs (my knees wont take much more weight)
    leg presses 5x5@200lbs
    Bench presses 5x5@75lbs
    pull downs 5x5@100lbs
    Military Press 5x5@70lbs
    Preacher Curls 5x5@90lbs
    inclined sit-ups (dunno how many I do, I do these between sets. Usually I shoot for 20-50 per workout)
    Behind the neck presses (Rev military I think) 5x5@90lbs

Thats pretty much it. Any excercises you can think of that I need to include that Im not doing, im open to do em. Help me out on a two month goal. Im planning to hit the gym even harder between now and may.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to tell you, I do some cardio here and there, not much at all though. Should I be doing more? Every now and then after lifting, ill go hit the treadmill for a few minutes or the rowing machine. (i likes the rowing machine, its not knee pounding and it really works the back.) I dont take any other suppliments either other than isopure. one serving after a workout.
    Last edited by tackett; 03-05-2008 at 09:33 AM.

tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    uhhh bump. No one has an opinion on this?

Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brobdingnagian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it is a legit goal. Work hard man.

Thanks man, I always discourage myself by setting unrealistic goals. I was hoping to keep this one attainable.

legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not trying to be a dick but... You squat 85lbs cuz you, "knees can't take much more wieght" but you leg press 200lbs?

drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well on leg press you arent accounting for your body weight at all. When you do squats you are lifting your body as well as the weight, while leg press, you are just lifting the weight.

Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paneristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 pant size is def doable.

Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats your diet looking like?

instig8or has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) instig8or has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hy i don't want to piss on your parade, but, you say you want to drop a waist size down to 36" which obviously would involve losing some fat but you want to put on 245-232= 13lbs in weight.
    Now lets say you only lose 7lbs in fat that means you want to put on 20lbs of muscle in 2 months???
    I would be amazed if that was possible
    but good luck anyway, you can still make a a big difference to your body in 2 months with a hard work and a good diet, but i dont think that much.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by instig8or View Post
    hy i don't want to piss on your parade, but, you say you want to drop a waist size down to 36" which obviously would involve losing some fat but you want to put on 245-232= 13lbs in weight.
    Now lets say you only lose 7lbs in fat that means you want to put on 20lbs of muscle in 2 months???
    I would be amazed if that was possible
    but good luck anyway, you can still make a a big difference to your body in 2 months with a hard work and a good diet, but i dont think that much.
    That is a fair criticism. It is hard to pack on pounds while losing inches, especially if your diet is anything less than perfect. With just two months to play with, you'll probably have to focus on either adding muscle or dropping fat and adjusting your food intake (either caloric surplus or deficit) to suit your goal. Shooting for both goals in just two months is likely to result in you missing both goals.

Originally Posted by legendz411 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but... You squat 85lbs cuz you, "knees can't take much more wieght" but you leg press 200lbs?

Yeah, the presses don't hurt my knees as bad as squats do. I'm not sure why. So I am able to do more weight.

Killer, this is the kind of criticism I was looking for. Now that you have said so, both goals do some excessive. So I will start doing some Cardio, watching my diet a wee better (its not too horrible now, but needs improvement) and try to shed some fat. I will keep lifting though. Do you think adding a 5-10 minute run after my workout would be sufficient? Or do you think I should do more.

Also loose or keep the protein shakes with this goal?

THANK YOU for all the input.

As for offending me, you'd be surprised how thick my skin is. Offending me shouldn't even be in your mind when critiqing something. Just post what you think.

legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5-10mins is fine, providing you are keeping your heartrate ABOVE the target you need to supplement fat loss.

Even better if you preform HIIT.

ok so I'm going to add a 5-10 min hard core run to the end of each workout, continue the post workout protein shakes and cut calories during the day. I will no longer worry about my weight, I will just measure my waist size weekly.
    That is now the plan

JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sounds like a plan man..
    if i were u i'd try to add more cardio to ur workouts.

Originally Posted by jy6537 View Post
    sounds like a plan man..
    if i were u i'd try to add more cardio to ur workouts.

ty sir! Will do. I think I am going to try to eat less calories, I won't be bulking up much that way, but I guess the general consensus is to shed some fat.

Should I keep up the protein shakes or not? They are alot of calories.
    Last edited by tackett; 03-07-2008 at 07:05 PM.