Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good exercises to focus on losing belly fat???

What are some good quality at home exercises I can do to help me reach my goal of losing fat on my stomach from home???

paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paula6989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not an expert, but I know you cannot "spot reduce." Exercise and a clean diet will help reduce body fat overall... so you can see your abs.

TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheRockShow182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by paula6989 View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I know you cannot "spot reduce." Exercise and a clean diet will help reduce body fat overall... so you can see your abs.
    ^ Agreed. Spot reducing doesn't work. To achieve those washboard stomach you will need cardio with adequate weight training and of course a clean diet

nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nursenic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As has been stated, spot reducing definitely doesn't work so don't do a million ab exercises in hopes of getting a six pack. Diet, consistent resistance training, and sufficient cardio are necessary.
    IMO, however, the best way to lose belly fat (and overall body fat) is through interval training. This form of training burns a lot of calories while you exercise and for hours afterward. At home, there are a few options especially if you are willing to take your workouts outside. Intervals can easily be done by running or biking. Try alternating between 2 min mod pace, 30-60 seconds vigorous pace for 20-30 min. Also, there are several at-home videos that incorporate the interval training idea- read the back label (I think Turbo jam and Tae-bo both do). I would aim to do 2-3 interval sessions a week and complete 5-6 cardio workouts in all per week. I would also focus on strength training 3-5 times a week, focusing on large muscle groups with exercises such as squats, lunges, chest press, etc. Strength training will enable your muscles to pull from your fat stores for fuel. Diet must be clean. Avoid overloading on salt and simple sugars. Focus on lean protein sources and complex carbs instead.

Hope this helps and good luck!

louvullgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louvullgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louvullgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louvullgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) louvullgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW! Nursenic you made a huge transformation in your health and body! Awesome!

I am trying to rid my belly fat and a bit on the hips. The rest of my body is small. I eat clean and feel the need to watch my calories due to the belly but then I feel it is hampering my muscle gain on the rest of my body.

Official Fitness Fanatic trainwithrae's Avatar
    trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diet
    MuscleTech Sponsored Athlete
    Want your best body?
    www.trainwithrae.com

cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) cashflowjoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by acm121 View Post
    What are some good quality at home exercises I can do to help me reach my goal of losing fat on my stomach from home???
    spot training doesn't work, however if you have more muscle in one area it will use more energy and therefor burn more fat from my understanding(it also appears this way looking at my own body) Also, you can look into products like napalm that have a good reputation for spot reduction(you just rub it on your skin every 12 hrs)

Beenna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Run....run....run....and um...run =P It sucks that cardio is the best way to lose fat...that and time. I noticed when talking to people who just want to lose belly fat that they tend to not believe that cardio with a weight training routine is the best way to lose the pouch. That and they want instant results. These things take time and effort but in the end it's worth it...it's just making it to the end part that I don't see often.

Registered User amandahugandkis's Avatar
    amandahugandkis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cardio is prob the best op...

ok everyone told her to do cardio but no one actually recommended excercises here are a list of cardio in the link below. You also need to opt for healthier food and maybe what you normally eat cut back 500 cals. I am not an expert but I have been asking alot of the same questions. Maybe get a cardio video that you will like to work along with.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/CardioExer...Exercises.html

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Spot reduction actually seems to work-the question is how much effort for return. Localized glycogen use certainly is possible; and it seems localized lipolysis takes place also.

For best results, combine cardio with diet, and some high rep ab work.

I personally like cable crunches

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingCrunch.html

*edit-I realized you said at home; I'd suggest v-ups:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...nis/WtVUp.html

and seated leg tucks

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/E...ated_Leg_Tucks

for high rep work.
    Last edited by Defiant1; 04-06-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Im not short I'm fun size pirouette's Avatar
    pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by trainwithrae View Post
    Diet
    Amen! Abs are made at the dinner table is what I was always told. Make sure your diet is in check, get your cardio in and you'll get there.

I've also found that I stay leaner when I lift vs. lot's of cardio.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe.

"I think I'd make a really good ninja."

In arguments that matter, if you don't choose a side, you lose.

Feels good man

Whiskey for my beer, men for my horses.

****FIERCE*****GRRRRR

toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I Need Work On My Stomach Too! I Just Had A Guys Tell Me To Do No Cardio For 2 Months? So Should We Do Cardio?? I Dont Get It!

Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matt58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes the right diet and excersize helps to reduce body fat so u can see your abs, but just because u get down to 8% body fat doesent mean u will have nice abs if you never work them. u might get lucky but u gotta add ab workouts with your eating right cardio and weight training and then they will really pop.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toyboxx View Post
    I Need Work On My Stomach Too! I Just Had A Guys Tell Me To Do No Cardio For 2 Months? So Should We Do Cardio?? I Dont Get It!
    You were probably told no cardio as you are underweight. You've gotta add some muscle weight before you can lose fat weight.

pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no no no, you *CANNOT* spot reduce. some poster above said you could, they are wrong. the only way to reduce body fat is to create a caloric deficit in your body. in other words, burn more calories than you take in. do some searches to find a formula to determine your BRM (base resting metabolism aka how many calories you burn a day just being alive). then take note of what you are eating and calorie count. so, if your BRM is 1500 calories, and you are eating 2000 calories a day, you will not lose weight. In fact, you will gain a pound a week (500 x 7 = 3500 calories aka 1 lb). If you cut your calories back to 1500/day, and do enough exercises to burn 500 calories/day, then you will lose a pound per week.

So, in summation, eat less calories, eat cleaner calories (less fatty, processed, salty foods), and exercise a lot (do cardio - run, jog, swim, etc) and eventually you will lose the fat.

toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toyboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So Do You Think I Should Eat More Protein Then Carb? Because Someone Told Be To Eat 30g Of Protien At Every Meal 6, Meals A Day? I Usually Eat 160g Carbs And 150g Protein?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So Do You Think I Should Eat More Protein Then Carb? Because Someone Told Be To Eat 30g Of Protien At Every Meal 6, Meals A Day? I Usually Eat 160g Carbs And 150g Protein?
    Most of the ladies here have found a 40/40/20 macro breakdown works the best. Hitting those macros on a daily basis is more important than eating those macros at every meal.

Protein consumption should be 1-2 grams per pound of body weight. So you should be consuming a minimum of 114g per day.

***Misc Ikariam Crue*** morgansd12's Avatar
    morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bicep curls.

Situps would be useless in this situation.

Dummy. Seriously.
    **************M*********
    World > Laltoios[80:89] > WineSkillz

Smile

Well That Is Exacty What I Am Doing, Im Eating Around 1600, 1700 A Day. Lifting 4 Days A Week, Hour Long Sessions And Cardio 3 Days A Week 30 Min Sessions, So Should I Take Out The Cardio?? And Lift 5 Days Or Stick With 4?

Well That Is Exacty What I Am Doing, Im Eating Around 1600, 1700 A Day. Lifting 4 Days A Week, Hour Long Sessions And Cardio 3 Days A Week 30 Min Sessions, So Should I Take Out The Cardio?? And Lift 5 Days Or Stick With 4?
    Are you gaining weight? You should see about 1 pound a month muscle gain and have enough energy and strength for your lifting workouts. Personally, I'd ditch the cardio and just focus on eating to gain muscle. That way your body doesn't get used to cardio and it becomes your ace in the hole when it's time to shed a few fat pounds. And you should have to do less cardio as you body is no longer used to it.

Seems like you should be eating more. Take a look at the calculators here http://www.hotnfit.com/nutrition_design.htm#top

I saw your supplement post, lifting light weights will not get you where you want to be. Lift heavy! You won't see those muscle changes until you do. Don't worry about getting big and bulky, you won't.

Smile

So Do You Think I Should Do Less Like 4 Sets 12 Reps Or 3 Sets 12 Reps Or What?

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont listen to him !!!! if you are seeing results... why should you change anything you are doing

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TIME and PATIENCE, PATIENCE oh and did I say PATIENCE ?

that sums it up quite a bit. No matter how many reps of abs you do it will NOT make you lose ur belly but only strenghtn (sp) your abs muscle...

others prob. have said this too, didnt read allthe posts

Ok i got a question you guys, I see Toyboxx is 5'6, 115 lbs or so and 18% bodyfat... Im also 5'6, 160.8 lbs and also 18% bodyfat... i understand about the more muscles, less fat but she is sooo much smaller than me.. how can we both have the same bf% ? Oh dont get me wrong though I look alot better than what I used to be almost 2years ago and I am definitely happy with 18% and Im still going down....

Originally Posted by precisou2004 View Post
    Ok i got a question you guys, I see Toyboxx is 5'6, 115 lbs or so and 18% bodyfat... Im also 5'6, 160.8 lbs and also 18% bodyfat... i understand about the more muscles, less fat but she is sooo much smaller than me.. how can we both have the same bf% ? Oh dont get me wrong though I look alot better than what I used to be almost 2years ago and I am definitely happy with 18% and Im still going down....
    She has very little lean muscle compared to you. Precisely why scales suck. And even body fat measurements can have a +- 4% error range.

So Do You Think I Should Do Less Like 4 Sets 12 Reps Or 3 Sets 12 Reps Or What?
    The emphasis should be on heavy weights. You should be at or close to failure at the end of each exercise. Three sets of 12 would be fine. About a 30 second rest in between sets. Personally I prefer to pyramid. That is, with each set the weight goes up and the reps go down. Either set of 15, 12, and 10 or 12, 10, and 8.

Wink

Originally Posted by precisou2004 View Post
    I JUST GOT MY BF TAKEN BY MY PERSONAL TRAINER AND THATS WAS SHE TOLD ME IT WAS, BUT SHE ALSO TOOK MY MEASURMENTS WRONG, SHE MEASURED MY WAIST AT A 25 AND ITS A 24.5 AND MY HIPS ARE 35 AND SHE MEASURED ME AT 36, SHE DID IT SO QUICK, ITS LIKE SHE DIDNT CARE, SO I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT MY BF IS. SHE TOOK IT WITH ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOU HOLD IT STRAIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF YOU AND I THINK YOU JUST ENTER IN YOUR MEASUREMENTS & IT TELLS WHAT YOUR BF IS.

fitmama1011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those handheld body fat calculators are inaccurate and they should not be used. The best method is a handheld digital caliper used my a personal trainer that has experience and knows the proper method. I used a handheld monitor and it said i was 18 % body fat which sounded high to me and then had my body fat taken by a professional using a caliper and it was 15.9, so do urself a favor and get ur body fay checked with a caliper.

wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildberlin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stomach vacuums