Eric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cardio after workouts

because of school i cant do cardio in the mornings (im cutting now) so what about doing cardio after my workouts? isnt that bad because all the time i just spent building a muscle goes to waste?? what should i do?

also, if i am supposed to do the cardio after my workouts when do i take my protein shake or eat the post workout meal? an hour after cardio or right after cardio, and wont that defeat the purpose of doing cardio if i ea something right afterwards? lol, this stuff is confusing.

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cardio after workouts is good because you are already warmed up, heart rate is up and your ready to maximize the cardio time to burn fat.
    About the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, I have talked to quite a few people about it and they tell me it can have a negative effect. When you are going to workout with weights and what not your muscles need food to grow right...well if you workout and have no food to fuel the muscles then your muscle will result to getting the fuel from the muscles itself which is bad. Evidently same thing goes for cardio when you wake up and put your body through that shock it needs fuel and it won't have any so it must get it from the muscles which again is bad.
    I also use to do the cardio in the morning but after talking to some legit big boys at my gym I have been enlightened and it makes sense as well.

peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cardio on an empty stomach, especially first thing in the morning, is the quickest road to catabolism.
    First, Eric, you're actually not "building" the muscles during the workouts! You're tearing the sumbitches down! It's during the recovery and through proper nutrition and supplementation that you build those bad boys.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to do your cardio (20-30 minutes) after your workout. Glycogen levels would be low and a greater percentage of calories would come from fat storage. However, I've said it several times before, it's the elevated and more efficient metabolism afterwards that is important. But there would be nothing wrong with doing cardio after your workout.
    Unstoppable Confidence

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh and, Eric, put that damn Bill Phillips Body-For-Life book in the garbage, dammit! Wait an hour after to eat??? For the love of God, first you wanna do cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, using as much lean tissue as possible, then you want to have your body attack more lean tissue by sitting around waiting for an hour to pass! Your metabolism doesn't just quit once you eat:-) I'm just giving you a hard time, buddy. But those methods will definitely cut you up...and as you lose "weight" you'll be losing a hella lot of muscle too, if you follow those recommendations.
    Unstoppable Confidence

xmorfius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call me uneducated, but if you already have excess fat, then won't doing cardio in the morning help? Because your body only catabolizes muscle after it has burned fat, correct?

For me, especially... I have like 32% BF, so doing cardio in the morning would help me, because the body will use muscle only after fat has been used, correct?

Boa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Timbo...thanks for your response to the thread entitled "High intensity versus Low intensity" the other day - very useful indded. For some reason I am unable to reply to the thread but since this one is on a similar subject I thought I'd try here.

I had included a couple of other questions in my reply but I've checked out the url you mentioned:

www.t-mag.com/articles/155app.html

and this answered them, so now I don't have to remember the response I just lost. Thanks again man...

ERIC...have a look at the url above. It might answer quite a few questions you have concerning cardio.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally posted by Timbo
    Oh and, Eric, put that damn Bill Phillips Body-For-Life book in the garbage, dammit! Wait an hour after to eat??? For the love of God, first you wanna do cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, using as much lean tissue as possible, then you want to have your body attack more lean tissue by sitting around waiting for an hour to pass! Your metabolism doesn't just quit once you eat:-) I'm just giving you a hard time, buddy. But those methods will definitely cut you up...and as you lose "weight" you'll be losing a hella lot of muscle too, if you follow those recommendations.
    LOL. Bill Phillips sucks.

IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanHudon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    because of school i cant do cardio in the mornings (im cutting now) so what about doing cardio after my workouts? isnt that bad because all the time i just spent building a muscle goes to waste?? what should i do?

also, if i am supposed to do the cardio after my workouts when do i take my protein shake or eat the post workout meal? an hour after cardio or right after cardio, and wont that defeat the purpose of doing cardio if i ea something right afterwards? lol, this stuff is confusing.
    i've been doing this since 1 year after my workout and my brother as been doing this his whole life and he's in great shape no need to take protein shake in between.. yr mostly gonna hate it when you gonna hit the thread mill having a sort of liquid going all around yr body it's not a big deal taking a shake before yr cardio since yr not going for an houror + i assume... just take yr post workout shake after your 15 -30 minute interval cardio workout

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    7 year bump, Canadian style!

GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius