Tree 64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench Press Grip Width?

Being fairly new to weight training, I would like to know the ideal grip width when doing bench presses for optimum results. Does wider or narrower than forearms perpendicular to floor emphasize different muscle groups?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like my hands just a little outside shoulder width.

The narrower you go, the more it focuses on triceps and not pectorals.

Go to wide and you can hurt yourself..
    BRB, going hunting...

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i think elbows should be pointed away from the body 90 degrees, and perpendicular to the floor when in the down position for optimal tension on the chest muscles.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) armsdealer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I put my pinkies on the smooth rings on the bar
    Chuck Norris's tears cures cancer, but sadly he never cries.