Thread: Cutting split

barrist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cutting split

Hey,
    I am:
    5'8"
    162 Lbs

I'd like to get as cut as possible. (want to get rid of the belly)
    Right now i do a 5 day training split, no cardio
    I'd like to incorporate cardio into my split

Does anyone have any ideas
    Right now my split is:
    day 1- legs
    day 2 - chest
    day 3 - back
    day 4 - shoulder, trap
    day 5 - bi/tri
    my workouts are about 1 hour max.
    My post work-out shake is 2 scoops optimum whey, 2 scoops dextrose, in skim milk.

What do you think?
    I feel i need to get my diet in check so if anyone has any meal plans, etc, i would really appreciate it
    COMMITTMENT..CONQUERS..ALL
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Get rid of that milk dude!! MILK IS FOR BABYS!! And I'm being serious!! And after a workout?? Naw man...lose it out of ur life!

layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) layerfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    milk probably aint best post workout, but great before bed as it is slow diggesting protein, ignore reza. Most people will tell you how good milk is for you.

hmm really so i should just take it with water post-work out eh

i always thought skim milk was alright , damn

anyway, any ideas on incorporating cardio into my split?

i was thinkin of shortening my workouts (less sets, less time between sets), and then doin like 30 min of cardio
    so in essence, it would be 1 hour = 30 min weight training, 30 min cardio
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ignore Reza? What are you talking about???? Why is milk good for you? BREAK IT DOWN BRO and I'll prove every single point of urs wrong!! Let's hear this....

Like I've said before, ur workouts should stay the same...adjust ur diet...if u insist on cardio...20mins after ur workouts VERY LIGHTLY...about 70% of ur max HR

Oh yeah, milk was also one of my main protein sources
    i'd have it in a shake in the morning along with a bowl of cheerios, then with shakes throughout the day as well
    how could i go about replacing that protein,
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

While cutting all ur sources should be CHICKEN, TUNA, MRP's, PROTEIN POWDERS....NO DAIRYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off days u can go EXTRA LEAN GROUNDBEEF

Okay thanks,

Can anyone suggest a daily meal plan?
    Especially for breakfast, I don't really want to eat like 10 egg whites, i'd like to actually enjoy my meals ;-)
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

1/2 cup oatmeal
    8whites 1 whole egg

I said i didnt want to eat egg whites! hah
    but i guess i could live with it,
    What about the rest of the day, i wanna keep it as simple as possible
    and no tuna! im sick of it,

i know im sounding picky but i think the only way i could stay with a meal plan, is if i can easily make the meals and they're at least half enjoyable.
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    reza: why no dairy? you havent given reasons not to ingest it for meals other than post workout.
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But donīt focuse on the weight too much. Itīs only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

Dairy has a lot of fat to start with....all CASEINS are useless to the BB'er especially when cutting....and it's for babys IMO...we are fed as babys and that should be it....I've discussed this with guys from MuscleTech....Amateur bodybuilders and a guy that is EXTTREMELY good friends with Lee Labrada and they all agree. Not sayin don't use it go ahead......not sayin don't....I just don't recommend it.

bump
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what about skim milk at night, several hours and 2 meals after my workout. whats so bad about that? your body will use the casein while you sleep because you dont need large quantities right away. or if you train at night why not have it in the morning/afternoon? whey doesnt wait around for you if you have it several hours before you need it.
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com

Not while ur cutting...if u want slow absorption u'll want to add FLAX to ur late night meal bro...that's good enough for slowing down the absorption.

whats the point then....why have whey + flax when you could just have milk? seems youre biased for some reason. were you hit by a milk truck while riding your bike as a child?
    as my signature states: bulking
    hypertrophy-specific.com

shwaym get ur dick out of ur ass and go read on different types of FAT!!!! Better yet...goto search and type EFA

nateakabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Reza
    Ignore Reza? What are you talking about???? Why is milk good for you? BREAK IT DOWN BRO and I'll prove every single point of urs wrong!! Let's hear this....
    Your a real idiot. Obviously you don't no crap about bodybuilding so why don't you just leave this forum and stop giving crap advice.

bump,
    give me some ideas for a meal plan, and my split
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Reza
    Not while ur cutting...if u want slow absorption u'll want to add FLAX to ur late night meal bro...that's good enough for slowing down the absorption.
    See what i mean when i said the **** you post is bad. Milk is awesome whether you are bulking or cutting. Just use skim while cutting and 2% or whole while bulking.

reza: dont assume i dont know about different types of EFAs, fool.
    i vary my fat intake like everyone else. dont try to diss me just because you were proved wrong.
    hypertrophy-specific.com

Ok this is what i've come up with, what do u think:

Day 1 (Legs)
    - Squat (3x10)
    - Calf Machine (3 x 15)
    - Leg extension (3 x 10)
    - Leg curl (3x10)
    - Leg press (2 x 10)
    - 30 min. on elliptical
    Day 2 (Chest)
    - Flat Bench Press (pyramid sets)
    - Incline Dumbbell press ( 2 sets: 8, 6)
    - Cable flys (high pulley) (3 x 8)
    - Cable flys (low pulley) (3 x 8)
    - Pec Deck (Pyramid sets)
    - 30 min on elliptical
    Day 3 (Back)
    - Chin-ups (3 x 8)
    - T-bar (Pyramid sets)
    - Seated Row (2x8 )
    - Lat pulldowns ( 3 x 8 )
    - Barbell row ( 2 x 6)
    - 30 min on elliptical
    Day 4 (Shoulders/Traps)
    - Dumbbell shoulder press ( 3 x 8)
    - Dumbbell shrugs (Pyramid sets)
    - Lateral Raise ( 3 x 6 )
    - Reverse pec deck ( 2 x 10)
    - Upright rows ( 2 x 8 )
    - 30 min on elliptical
    Day 5 (Bis/Tris/Forearms/Abs/Lower back)
    - Dips ( 3 x 10 )
    - Preacher curl ( 3 x 8 )
    - Close grip bench press ( 2 x 8 )
    - Hammer curls ( 2 x 8 )
    - Triceps extension machine or cable push-downs (Pyramid sets)
    - Barbell or dumbbell curl ( 2 x 8)
    - Ab machine, crunches, lower back extension ( sets to exhaustion )
    - 30 min on elliptical

Meal Plan
    Meal 1 (breakfast) - 5 egg whites, 2 cups oatmeal, protein shake, multi-vitamin
    Meal 2- whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter, bowl of Cheerio’s

Meal 3 (lunch) - sliced deli chicken or roast beef on whole wheat, banana

Meal 4 (post work out) - protein shake (with dextrose)

Meal 5 - yogurt, bowl of all-bran flakes

Meal 6 (Dinner)- brown rice with chicken, brocoli, cooked in canola oil

Before bed - Protein shake
    - TENxYARDxFIGHT

NO BRO!! Believe me!! I have been told by EVERYONE that milk is no good for you PERIOD if your cutting.....I"M NOT SAYIN I INVENTED THE THEORY!! LMAO It's just that everyone that I know that is relatively huge or has some sort of degree or has been in the field for as long as I'm alive has said it's no good!??!!? I PERSONALLY RAPE MILK when I'm bulking!! lol