dani_z23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Got some quad training tips?

Ok, here's the problem:

Always when I'm doing 'text book style' Smith machine squats,
    I have a problem feeling my quads. The only thing getting sore the next day is my ass. However, If I loosen up my form and allow my knees to get in front of my toes, I feel my quads much better. But of course I don't want to **** up my knees. I'm also already not going below parallel. Some tips, anyone?

Oh, my leg routine looks like this:

2-3 sets of light leg extensions (wam up)

4-5 sets of Smith machine squats (including warm up sets, pyramiding up the weight)

3-4 sets of leg extensions

3-4 sets of hamstring curls

Hope y'all can help me,

Peace

Danielson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get the hell away from the smith machine - its going to ruin your knees/lower back. Squat with a barbell in a rack.

Originally posted by Danielson
    Get the hell away from the smith machine - its going to ruin your knees/lower back. Squat with a barbell in a rack.
    That's someting I forgot to mention: At my gym, there is no squat rack

Peace
    Increase aesthetics, not just size!

__HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A gym with no squat rack?
    What a piece of **** gym, no squat rack, your routine is all machines, that is so terrible.
    You must get your self somewhere where you can use free weights for you legs.
    Or do barbell hack squats.
    Lunges.
    Stiff legged deadlifts.
    No free weights at all?
    Get the **** out of there.

Originally posted by __HaGGiS__
    A gym with no squat rack?
    What a piece of **** gym, no squat rack, your routine is all machines, that is so terrible.
    You must get your self somewhere where you can use free weights for you legs.
    Or do barbell hack squats.
    Lunges.
    Stiff legged deadlifts.
    No free weights at all?
    Get the **** out of there.
    Actually, my gym does have free weights, just no squat rack. And oh, I've complained about this to the manager a million times. I still train there because it actually is a really nice gym (sauna, free drinks, nice atmosphere) where I can train really cheap. I think I will add lunges, btw.

Anyone else got some tips for me?
    Increase aesthetics, not just size!

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you don't have a Squat Rack then do Dumbell Squats.

And to really get those Hams growing do some Stiff Leg Deadlifts.

Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're doing the exercice fine... it's just not meant for quads.

if you really want to hit the quads and don't have a squat rack.. place your feet low on the leg press gonna burn !

and AMG is right try DB squats

hope it helps

Markus !