Only Real Men Squat!!! hebijake's Avatar
    hebijake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking to cut down... What do YOU do???

Hey guy's, this seem'd to be the most logical place to post this since it is the Nutrition section. I'm looking to drop some weight myself right now, but am just a bit unsure on exactly how to do it "correctly". And by correctly, I mean this:

I'm 19yrs old and am 6'2, 220lbs.
    I've been working my ass off training the last year and a half and am looking to continue doing so for my future to come. For me the situation is this, it's never been tooo hard for me to put on muscle and weight/size, but now I also want the shape to go along with it instead of being a bigger than average but pudgy guy. I do what I feel are great workouts as for Intensity and Animality. But I feel that theres alwayse something to learn. About lifting and for me, Especially nutrition! As it stands now I do make sure I get adequit protein intake during the day, but am still trying to learn more about carbs and "when" exactly to eat(or not to eat).

My daily regimen for food goes as follows:

7:00am-Protein shake and bowl of oatmeal.
    10:00am-Chicken Breast and glass of milk.
    1:00pm-Protein shake.
    4:00pm-Tuna fish sandwich and glass of milk.
    7:00pm-Protein shake.
    10:00pm-Chicken breast and glass of milk.

This is my normal routing(there are changes here and there, but for the most part there it is). As you can see I eat every 3hrs 40-50g Protein, and eat 5-6 meals aday to get a total of 250-300g Protein daily. Doing this has allowed me to put on size and muscle with out extra unwanted weight, but what I am unsure about for dieting is wether I should not go over 5meals per day? and almost MOST questionably... When the time rolls around for Meal#6 and I'm starving after a night work-out, is it good not to eat so that you know your body's eating fat, or should I still do that meal to continue growing? My goals are for my own and not for a comp. I'd like to lose 25lbs SOLID FAT in the next 3months, and do so WITHOUT losing a Single pound of muscle. I am faithful to my diet and do not touch sugar. As of right now I also do 3-30 min continuous cardio sessions each week. I'm good for the hard work, but need some help on the science aspect. As alwayse, any useful and intelligent suggestions are alwayse appreciated! Thanks guy's, and keep up the hard work!!
    If I fall, I will get right back up. Brothers, life is short and every minute that passes hurtles us closer to the end. In the time that I have, I have bound myself to this chosen life and it to me--these words are the contract that binds me to this sport... Upon it, I have signed my name in blood.

-Frank McGrath

shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shibbyshah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat just like that, only drop any dairy products.

markcoughlan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markcoughlan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markcoughlan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi ,

First things first whatever you do make sure you have a meal after exercising its the most important meal of the day and its so important whether you want to lose fat or gain muscle.And make sure this meal is your highest carb serving

I dont think you need 300 grams of protein 220-250g would be ok for you and I dont think you need all that milk either all that lactose is no good.

Also you need some good fats like salmon or flax and you need to add some fibrous veg to some of those meals.

Also you should add some variety to your diet

eggwhites
    fish
    lean beef
    tuna
    lf cottage cheese
    potatoes
    yams
    brown rice
    fruit
    wholewheat bread
    wholewheat pasta

A good plan is bodyforlife a book by bill phillips you should be able to get a copy for next to nothing these days and you dont need all those supplements the book suggests a good multivitamin is all you need and if you dont like oily fish you should get some udos oil

www.bodyforlife.com

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Vege & fruit phobia? If that really is your diet you may be vitamin deficient.

Increase the cardio a bit, keep lifting heavy.
    Last edited by GregT; 01-09-2007 at 05:38 AM.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Vege & fruit phobia? If that really is your diet you may be vitamin deficient.
    x2

Eat your veggies.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Only Real Men Squat!!! hebijake's Avatar
    hebijake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hahaha... thanks for the honesty. I've noticed the Vegetable deficiency with my diet and have since added in a Huge salad each day, that I split with 2 of my lunch's. I'm still working on trying to work in the Carbs more with things like Brown Rice so that I can get the Energy to work out and systhesize(sp) my Protein intake into muscle, with out dealing with the negative side of the other SIMPLE carbs. I will continue to take in 250-300g of Protein per day, as I'm good and confident that I need this to continue with muscle growth, even though I will keep up with the cardio sessions to try to manage my weight loss. Thanks for the reply's and keep the ideas coming!!
    If I fall, I will get right back up. Brothers, life is short and every minute that passes hurtles us closer to the end. In the time that I have, I have bound myself to this chosen life and it to me--these words are the contract that binds me to this sport... Upon it, I have signed my name in blood.

-Frank McGrath

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shibbyshah View Post
    Eat just like that, only drop any dairy products.
    Uh

NO.

Skim milk=nectar of the gods

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Protein shakes aren't meals. Your diet sucks ass.

Read the stickies.