Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arms- The Power, The Feel- Article 1

This will be the start of various posts I will contribute dealing with specific parts of the body. The following is intended for training deals with the arms (Bicep, Tricep, and Forearm):

Huge arms have always been the goal of most bodybuilders, young teens in particular. And while many envision buldging biceps, hanging triceps, and formidable forearms, many also forget how to train these amazing body parts.

I watch as teens constantly overtrain there arms, subjecting them to horrendous stress while neglecting the most important aspect of any growing muscle- rest. I also see individuals who are so concerned with their bicep that they neglect the most facinating muscle of the upper arm- the tricep. I will give a break of a split that I have made- not too much volume, not too little. The right amount to spark those arms into 3rd gear.

The Bicep

Although I have personally never been impressed as much as others in the bicep, I do see its appeal. I also see the look of awe on ones face when you flex a peaking monster. Here's a workout:

Standing Barbell Curls (4 sets)
    - Vary with Dumbell curls every 3 weeks for shock!
    - keep the elbows at your side and concentrate on USING the bicep, nothing more. (During your last set or so, you can use a few cheats curls, just continue to concentrate on the bicep).
    - Flex at the top- force the blood to go there.

Preacher Curls (4 sets)
    -Vary is up! Wide, Narrow, Dumbell, straight barbell, cambered bar (EZ curl), Cable!! There are so many options- switch it every week for increased shock to the muscle.
    - Remember to concentrate on pulling with the bicep (This is easier on this lift since it is virutally impossible to cheat...unless you begin to use your lower body).

Hammer Curls (4 sets)

- Also - a great exercise for the forearms and brachialis (The muscle running between your bicep and tricep. When this is worked, it creates seperation and makes your bicep stand up higher!)
    - Squeeeeze at the top, make that muscle work! You can also do this on a preacher bench for harder resistance.

One-Arm Cable curls (Elbow back) (4 sets)

-Some prefer Concentration curls- you can substitue that lift is you desire, it works great as well. This is my opinion a better choice- but lift away either way!
    - Keep the elbow back a little further than just at your side, and concentrate at the squeeze of the bicep head. Lower the D-Handle alll the way, staying tense - allowing for a great stretch.
    - You can substitue with regular cable curls every 2 weeks.

Biceps - Done! (16 total sets)
    -You should have put enough intensity in them to feel pumped and wasted- but not overly, we still have triceps (or not if you did biceps second {my preference} )
    - Remember to stretch between sets, drink water, and stay focused!
    - Throw in a Superset periodically (PM me for an example)

The Tricep

-This is by far my favorite muscle on the whole body, it has facinated me from the start, however my genetics play a big part in my love for it. To get big arms, you need big triceps ("Tris catch the eyes"). Big triceps also allow for a more aestethic looking arm. Pump up the volume- here we go!

Bench Dips (4 sets)

- Most people use this as a third of fourth lift, just to get some blood in those triceps and make them stretch. I, however, see them as one of the best mass/ strength developers around (Along with Overhead Extensions, Dips, and Skullcrushers- which a recommend you substitute in for this first lift periodically)
    - Start with your body weight- once 20reps is easy, start adding 45s to your lap. Most people have a hard time adding tremendous weight, so don't sweat it if you can't. Its the intensity we're looking for here- the flex you give them at the peak. I can pound out 190lbs on my lap for 8-10reps- give it your all!
    - Flex at the top of this movement, make the blood fill those heads.

Reverse Grip Bench on SmithMachine (4 sets)

- Some fear this lift because of its awkward hand placement, that is why I insist it be performed on a smith machine (unless you are advanced enough and have a spotter).
    - One the rise, squeeze your elbows IN, forcing that often lagging inner head to get a great workout. Don't use your chest- concentrate on the triceps, make them work!
    - If you don't like this one due to wrist-stress pick either Skull-Crushers, or Overhead Extensions in its place. If you prefer close-grip bench, do that- I find closegrip bench to be painful on my wrists, while reverse bench is not. Up to you- the difference will be which head(s) is used.

Pushdowns (4 sets)

- Get a full contraction on this, squeeze at the bottom and keep the resistance on the way up.
    - Pound out as many as you can each set- going up in weight respectively.

Rope Extensions (4 sets)

- This is a great exercise to get a full stretch of the triceps. Pick a med-heavy weight and flex when the arms are extended, hold for a second, then retract.
    - Either this OR Rope pushdowns is acceptable. Only with the pushdowns, hold the rope at the end (usually hands on the ball-part), squeeze down, and out of the side. Once you have a hard time doing this, bring your hands together and force out 5 more reps!

Triceps- Done! (16 total sets)

- You should feel huge, pumped, and gratified. You did great, but your not finished, don't lag on those forearms.
    - Remember to stretch the triceps between each set.
    - Vary up your routine weekly (PM me for example)

The Forearms

- This often neglected group of muscles is probably one of the most imposing of all. Big forearms have always been awesome to me, and make an often unportional arm stand out.
    - You can do this with a tri-set or single lift- choice is yours!

Wrist Curls (3 sets)
    - Barbell or Dumbell, whatever you prefer. I get a better stretch and better pump with dumbells as I can concentrate on each arm seperately.
    - let the Bar/Bell roll down your fingertips, roll back up, and squeeze.

Reverse Wrist Curls (3 sets)

- straight bar or do it on a preacher bench. You won't be able to use a huge amount of weight, just remember to concentrate and squeeze the muscles!

Behind-the-Back-Wrist-Curls (3 sets)

- Let the bar rolll down your fingers, then roll it back up, BUT once you get to the top, try to roll the bar as far up your back as possible, keeping your elbows flexed. This is a great power move for the extensors.

Forearms- Done! (9 sets)

- The total workout should take about 90mins, considering you took ample breaks (1min per set min.) If you took less time between breaks, less time, of course.
    - This is only a sample workout of what I consider to be one of the best mass-builders I have developed. Switch is up periodically, throw in new lifts, but keep the sets the same.
    - If you have any questiosn, PM me or post a comment with your thoughts, questions, etc.
    - This should be done once a week and not before an upper-body day.
    - We all want big arms, now is your chance to have them. Pump hard, eat big, and sleep well. That's the best advice I can give. Thanks and stay flexed!
    Last edited by BigGill; 03-05-2003 at 11:55 AM.
    Stats:

height/weight: 6'1'' 245
    currently:
    Are you animal?

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body!"
    "Why are you crying?..."
    "Give me one more rep!"

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    16 for the biceps and triceps is...overtraining, to say the least. I hope you know bis and tris get hit too in compound movements like barbell rows and the bench...

Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man are you crazy??

16 SETS OF BICEP AND THEN 16 SETS OF TRICEPS + FOREARMS AT THE END?

do you eat ****????

i will not even make a comment on this post, just wanna say unless you are on roids you cant do this workout and grow
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE IRON... CAUSE I SURE WONT!!!!!!

Xander43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Biriba
    man are you crazy??

do you eat ****????

i will not even make a comment on this post, just wanna say unless you are on roids you cant do this workout and grow
    sez who?

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    man are you crazy??

do you eat ****????

For many people your comment is true but I know people who are natural who grow well off that many sets so watch your hands before you type.

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Arms- The Power, The Feel- Article 1

Originally posted by BigGill
    I watch as teens constantly overtrain there arms, subjecting them to horrendous stress while neglecting the most important aspect of any growing muscle- rest.
    But you advice 41 sets for arms?

Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The routine seems much but it is a good way for hitting the muscles from many different angles. This is probably for a little advanced ppl, though. But I think it sounds normal if you really want to have big guns.

Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bi's and Tri's should be trained HEAVY and low reps!!

bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbadjohn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    some kids read **** on here and have no idea what they r talking about. everyones standard for overtraining is different, just because u cant handle it doesnt mean noone can. im sure less than half the people on the boards have actually experienced "over training". if youre a 130 lb tooth pic newb, obviously this isnt the best workout for u.

RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50) RobRob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    man are you crazy??

do you eat ****????

My arms grow just fine doing 16 sets a piece, only i don't work forearms at the end.

BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Many of you seem upset that I'm causing you to overtrain- I'm not. I said in the post to do this workout only once a week and not to be followed by an upperbody training day. You need to give your muscles time to rest- 48 hrs will be enough, considering you will not be putting isolated stress on these muscles the rest of the week. I should also have included my split, which is:

Monday- Chest/ Shoulders
    Tuesday- Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday- Arms
    Friday - Chest/ Shoulders (no presses, no involement of the tricep)
    Sat-Sunday- Rest

(then the next week begins with Back to hit it twice, then the third with legs. Arms are never hit twice directly)

As you can see, no overtraining is involved here. Yes, the tempo is high, but you can handle it. Eat right, sleep and be prepared to go all out! If you really can't handle 16sets, drop an exercise and do 12 sets each.

"But you advice 41 sets for arms?" -guitarguy

-Lets not make it sound like I'm subjecting you to hell. Its not 41 lets of one muscle group. Its 16 for biceps, triceps, and its fixed to work various angles. And its only 9 sets for forearms, thats nothing. Remember, your forearms are used to constant stress- they can take a little beating. Would I advise 41 sets for either group...no.

-Thanks for all of you who see the potential of this routine. For those who don't- try it, then tell me! Stay flexed!
    Stats:

currently:
    Are you animal?

"Why are you crying?..."
    "Give me one more rep!"

tragic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first of all a 90 minute workout is at least 30 mins to long, after 60 mins 99% of people's muscles go into catabolism. And second of all in your split you do chest the day after tri's? wow you really must have alot of chest exercises that do not stress the tri's. This means you leave out shoulder presses and bench press. the two best upper body mass builders there are. third of all 16 sets per muscle is too much for any boydbuilder, from steroid reved pros to "130 pound toothpic newb". It is just too much. Tri's bi's and forearms benefit most from 9-12 sets. I dont know how the hell you all pulling out 16 sets your weights must be sifia light.
    -trag.
    CBBF Teen Bodybuilder
    If you even dream of beating me you better wake up and appologize -Ali
    Current: 210 pds
    squat: 495
    deadlift: 530
    bench: 235 ( I hate bench)

Goals:
    240 pds
    squat 600
    deadlift 60000000000000
    All By Dec 25 of this year

skipole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hahahahahahaha... you neglected to mention eating and nutrition, which is without a doubt the most important factor in arm growth. Haha. Funny article.
    -- please note: skipole's physique is currently under construction. please check back later. --

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)
    You guys that say this is overtraining are such pussies. Try doing a real workout and not your low volume crap, then maybe you'll grow.

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Superman
    You guys that say this is overtraining are such pussies. Try doing a real workout and not your low volume crap, then maybe you'll grow.
    Exactly. I wouldn't do it any other way.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perdog 151 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Xander43
    sez who?
    anyone with any sense

why dont you two supply us with a 'real' workout and i'll try it out for 6 weeks. see if i grow any faster.
    -trag
    CBBF Teen Bodybuilder

Goals:
    240 pds
    squat 600
    deadlift 60000000000000

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by tragic
    why dont you two supply us with a 'real' workout and i'll try it out for 6 weeks. see if i grow any faster.
    -trag
    His workout seemse fine. Whether you make results on it is irrevelant because too many factors come into play, such as your diet habits, your sleeping, supplementation, workout intensity etc....

One thing for sure is that most people on this forum are so afraid of high volume.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000) Fenix12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bleh, my arms are by far my most developed body part at about 18.5 inches and I honestly hardly do any bicep/tricep isolation.
    I do about 4 sets for bicep after back and about 4 sets for tricep after chest. Ronnie to doesn't do all that much bicep isolation.

Originally posted by skipole
    Hahahahahahaha... you neglected to mention eating and nutrition, which is without a doubt the most important factor in arm growth. Haha. Funny article.
    Once again, another one of you is wrong. In the end of the first post I state "...Pump hard, eat big, and sleep well. That's the best advice I can give. Thanks and stay flexed!" I didn't delve into nutrition, that's not what the article was intended for, you want nutrition, ask me.

Orginally posted by Tragic
    first of all a 90 minute workout is at least 30 mins to long, after 60 mins 99% of people's muscles go into catabolism. And second of all in your split you do chest the day after tri's? wow you really must have alot of chest exercises that do not stress the tri's. This means you leave out shoulder presses and bench press. the two best upper body mass builders there are. third of all 16 sets per muscle is too much for any boydbuilder, from steroid reved pros to "130 pound toothpic newb". It is just too much. Tri's bi's and forearms benefit most from 9-12 sets. I dont know how the hell you all pulling out 16 sets your weights must be sifia light.
    -trag.
    Your ignorant. Don't make statements without proof. My arms have never once failed me during a 90min session. If you can't handle it, drop sets- that's what I recommend. My routines are for individuals who aren't afraid to test their limits and want results. You eat big enough and rest and you'll be able to hang, otherwise, stick to your mediocore workouts.
    Second, I already said I don't hit my triceps on my second chest do. Its strictly flyes, cross-overs, pullovers, and pecdeck. There's enough exercises and variations of those to get a complete chest workout. Shoulders consist of lateral, side, bentover and upright rows (bicep is used here slightly).
    Third- "your weights must be sifia light". You want a rundown of my last arm workout, weight and reps, ask, I'll gladly show you.

Thanks to those who support it, you know the truth. Stay flexed!
    Stats:

currently:
    Are you animal?

"Why are you crying?..."
    "Give me one more rep!"

massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

good effort.
    Train like an animal
    Eat like a horse
    Sleep like a baby
    Grow like a weed

I've got more mass than a church on sunday.

someone, somewhere is training harder with less excuses.

the harder I lift and the more I eat, the better my genetics seem to get.

got www.bodybuildingapplied.com ?

there is no need to call each other names this is simply a discussion with differing opinions. There is scientific evidence that muscles go into a catabolic state after 60 minutes of stress. Do you only do isolation exercises for your upper body? You have not mentioned and compound movements but rows, with that alone you are not increasing test levels near as much as you could be therefore depleteing growth potential. As scientific evidence increases and technology advances we are discovering new routines that boost anabolism everyday, and 99% of these advances are discounting your arguement. I have studied nutrition and biology for 6 years in university now and have been personal training for 4 years, do not call me ignorant because i am very well versed in muscle growth stimulation.
    -trag
    CBBF Teen Bodybuilder

Goals:
    240 pds
    squat 600
    deadlift 60000000000000

you're ignorant...

How do you know what compound exercises I do! I've posted one article on arm training...nothing compound about it. Don't blow a gasket Mr. Bio...get your information straight before you start jabbin. If you don't like it, get off my thread. You don't have to follow it if you don't want to, you've read too much into books, but hey, we all need work. Take it easy! Stay flexed!
    Stats:

currently:
    Are you animal?

"Why are you crying?..."
    "Give me one more rep!"

well considering you said you only do bi and tri exercises once a week and the three main upper body compounds ALL use bi's and tri's you have proven yourself wrong yet again.
    -trag
    CBBF Teen Bodybuilder

Goals:
    240 pds
    squat 600
    deadlift 60000000000000

Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also - a great exercise for the forearms and brachialis (The muscle running between your bicep and tricep. When this is worked, it creates seperation and makes your bicep stand up higher!)

How does this work?? the Brachialis will make the bicep stand higher?
    A few bodybuilding stats
    Height 5'10
    Weight Somewhere between 195-200lbs(cutting down from 218lbs)
    (Measurements cold)
    Arms 16.5
    Calves 16.5
    Quads 27
    Penis 19.8(pumped,hard and vascular!)

You know Tragic- that's fine. I'm not going to even argue anymore with you, because I know the results my programs have made on myself and other people. I train high volume, high intensity, BUT I do NOT overtrain. I tried various routines, concocted up more routines and have come to this- my tried and true method. If you see fallacy in it, then fine. But until you put my workouts to the test, don't bag them. You do them (along with proper nutrition, form, rest, etc) you'll see gains. Thanks for your input- if tearing down a workable and positive post is your fortae. Stay flexed!
    Stats:

currently:
    Are you animal?

"Why are you crying?..."
    "Give me one more rep!"

massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

it's either high volume OR high intensity. sorry, you can't have both.
    Train like an animal
    Eat like a horse
    Sleep like a baby
    Grow like a weed

I've got more mass than a church on sunday.

someone, somewhere is training harder with less excuses.

the harder I lift and the more I eat, the better my genetics seem to get.

got www.bodybuildingapplied.com ?

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i totally agree with BigGill & Superman. i always do high sets but low reps per body part, otherwise i fell like i havent worked them at all. everyone is different so why bash what works for others? i do MORE than 16 sets (6-8 reps each) and workout for a little over an hour with intensity. ever since i started this i noticed substantial improvement & growth.
    people are different. deal.
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But donīt focuse on the weight too much. Itīs only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The overtraining nazi's are back. I have triedc high and low volume. High works better for me and I am a "hard-gainer" so hey that's how things work. everyone is different but it is worth a try.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that's a lot of volume
    but that dosn't mean it can't work
    I've gotten very favorable results from a 15set workout for biceps
    maybe that 16th set is just too much tho : P

and why do you say you can't have high Intensity and high Volume?
    what definition of Intensity are you using?