John19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question High Frequency HIT?

What does everyone think of the High Frequency HIT article?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shannon9.htm

Do you think it's to little training to see any gains? or do you think if the principles are applied correctly (like going to faliure every set) then the gains will be as much as the standard HIT training programme?

Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This article befuddles me. In a way I think a higher frequancy hit workout would attract alot more naysayers to the program, however I don't know if this particular program offers up quite enough rest time.
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I like it since it's low volume. But as lats said it doesn't give alot of rest time. Not terrible, but not great. If you want you can give it a try.

SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkinnyEcto02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My routine is very similar. I do 2-4 sets per bodypart, but I work out 3-5 days a week.
    Think you're skinny? Bull****. Try
    115lbs.@5'7"

Bench-145lbs.
    Squat-220lbs.
    Deadlift-285lbs.

Always trying to improve.....

back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50) back2it will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: High Frequency HIT?

Originally posted by John19
    What does everyone think of the High Frequency HIT article?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shannon9.htm

Do you think it's to little training to see any gains? or do you think if the principles are applied correctly (like going to faliure every set) then the gains will be as much as the standard HIT training programme?
    Mentzer trained like this early in his HD HIT days . I think at the time He was still with Arthur Jones and had not yet started using longer rest periods . Later on as He developed His training methods He began to use less negatives in His routines and began to train less frequently .
    I did some of the stuff in the article in the early 80's after attending a Mentzer seminar , It was a killer you could not do that type of training very long without "roids as We used to call them .
    "The greatest danger to most of us is not that we aim too high and miss it but that we aim too low and reach it"
    Michelangelo Buonarroti

HITKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SkinnyEcto02 that's a hell of deadlift for 115lbs pounds. Way to go! I know some 200lbers that could not do that.

Did I miss something in this article or is he working each muscle once a week more or less (but he seems to work lats twice because he does chins Mon, pullovers Fri). In my routine I work out 3 days a week, some times a little less, but only work each muscle group once a week.
    The key to muscular growth is logic, sound science, and hard work.

I'm a recovering ectomorph. 27, 5'8", 175. Have trained off and on for years but only seriously since mid-April 2002.