Unregistered Sex Offender DudesAllOverMe's Avatar
    DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DudesAllOverMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

posture correction - flex butt checks all day?

I'm currently doing the Neanderthal No More (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=535872) program. As you can see from my pic my posture is horrible (i think we can be adults about the pic) But I find that If I flex my butt cheeks and thrust my hips forward it improves greatly but it takes a lot of effort. Should I try doing this all day when I'm standing? I read some guys post where he said you shouldn't try to stand up straight cause it'll make it even worse (I don't remember his logic, but it doesn't sound quite right)

i began working out 6 months ago with starting strength, then i moved onto bill star 5x5 2 months ago but i noticed my posture getting worse and worse so i decided it was time to improve it before i continue moving on

it looks like i have a gut even though i have well defined abs. how pathetic
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DudesAllOverMe; 01-11-2007 at 01:52 AM. Reason: to add a pic

lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wtf
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Schopenhauer

Ron Paul 2008!

Reps: de silva ,ChristianBBer ,AzWeightLifter,Schadenfreude.

DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lanzo View Post
    wtf
    true statement.

warning*** dude is naked in pic.
    I rep back

255 lbs. --Dead Lift 450 --Squat 350 --Bench 275

cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cheaitsbruce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First of all...It doesnt matter if hes naked, you cant see anything, like he said i should say again (ACT ADULT YOU IDIOTS).

For you my friend, you look like this because you are way to skinny.

Buff up your ass, your chest ,your back, lower back, and quads.

and thats about all i can tell you. i mean , i believe this is your spinal cord playing this trick, not your mass/muscles/form.

take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) take it easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so hes not wearing anything... its not a big deal. theres nothing gay about looking at a naked dude, unless you get aroused by it. if youre 100% straight you can look at naked men all day and feel no apprehension about it. i think when it comes to bodybuilding shots the pelvic/hip region is a very good aesthetic area that unfortunately doesnt get seen due to prudishness.

as the posture, i had a similar problem before. my advice is to imagine that you have a straight metal rod attached from your butt to your neck, along the spine. with proper straightness, when you look in the mirror from the side your chest should be slightly further forward than your abdomen, if its not then you need to stand up straighter. it may feel at first that youre sticking your chest out too much when standing completely straight but if you get used to doing it all the time you will eventually adapt to it as being normal and it will no longer take any concious effort. you should always look up and ahead while walking as well. i think confidence also has some role in this, if you feel good about yourself youre more likely to stand up straight without thinking about it.

bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000) bryaninkorea is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am not an expert. there is some posture analysis guy on here and he might chime in but I always notice that after doing heavy deads I stand up super -straight. i think heavy deads can help yor posture. Good luck.
    R.I.P. Misc I will miss your non-******* time days.

For the record, I am not Korean. I am also not in Korea anymore.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow Seriously dude, consult a real expert . . .

I have had posture problems in the past, and found it very beneficial to consult a physical therapist trained in treating such problems.

IMO, your problem can probably be fixed by doing some training to tighten up your lower back and abs, but I'm no expert an neither are 99% of the other members here.

For your own good, consult a trained professional.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

I'm still 27 in hex :) Plato458's Avatar
    Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000)
    KopyKat is the expert.

From the pix, your arms are too far forward >>> so your shoulders are rounding inwards >>> so you're bending your back to compensate >>> so your head leans forward.

Another way to fix is when you're walking - imagine a thread is pulling you up from the top of your head. This will automatically pull your head up/chin down, shoulders back/down and arse in.

Px
    Never Give Up Never Surrender ;-P

I did once and look what happened - 30% BF

skinnychubbyguy "Hole in my underwear... What is the purpose of the hole on the front? I mean they stitch up the other side, but they leave the one opening on the front open, wtf is the point? My balls don't get that sweaty to air out, and I don't pull my dick through it to piss or anything else, so is there a legit reason for this?"

Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just bring up your chest. Think big and strong.