dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How long does sugar stay in the body?

how long does refined sugar, or other types of sugar typically stay in the body?

eg. i drink a cup of coffee, 1 tsp of sugar. if i eat plain tuna and drink water all day, how long before that tsp of sugar is burnt?

if it's dependant on my activity, i hit the heavy weights once every two days..

thanks

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe 1 tsp of sugar is 30 calories? dont worry about it. I wouldnt consume too much sugar though.. may wanna go for the splenda if it floats your boat.

dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dexxl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm getting my body used to minimal carbs for a week before i hit full blown ketosis. I've jumped straight into it before and my system crashed...

so carbs i know will take about 3 days for my body to get rid of and start producing ketones, but how long will it take for sugar? eg. can i take sugar during this week?

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dexxl View Post
    i'm getting my body used to minimal carbs for a week before i hit full blown ketosis. I've jumped straight into it before and my system crashed...

so carbs i know will take about 3 days for my body to get rid of and start producing ketones, but how long will it take for sugar? eg. can i take sugar during this week?
    eh.. i would just ditch the sugar..

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your question was a bit strange but if you want to know about timing this will help.

all sugars are carbohydrates but they have very short chains so they're absord very quickly. All carbs, (even the sugar) are eventually stored as glycogen in either in the muscle or the liver and broken down into glucose when the body needs it. Now table sugar is known as sucrose which is actually two sugars which if fructose and glucose. The fructose will be stored in the liver and the glucose will either be stored in the muscle or the liver depending on the amount of glycogen already in the muscle and the timing of the nutrient ingestion.

Now, bascially what happens is 20 - 30 minutes after you take the sugar your blood sugar rises and pancreas must pump out insulin to compensate for the rise in blood sugar. The insulin circulates and eventually is stored as fat if it is not used. This process of being stored as fat can take 60 minutes until 2 hours (this is an estimate).

the other answer is pure calories. 1g carb = 4 calories

umm.. oOkay, thanks.. i kinda understood that

sooo what i really want to know is, if i'm going to start my no sugar diet tomorrow. can i have my two cups of coffee today with sugar in it and maybe some honey marinated roast pork for dinner tonight?

or will it take even longer to hit ketosis because i took the above?

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    actually notice it takes 60 minutes until 2 hours for sugar to be stored as fat?
    you can have some sugar preworkout because the insulin spike will actually be used instead of circulating and being stored as fat. same with postworkout (after hard workouts)

bigdog1705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to answer your question more directly the sugar that you take in today will be gone today, the rest of it will digest with the the solids. I am diabetic sugar is what i do.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME

the reason i answered the question the way i did is his understanding may be skewed i think. once the sugar is stored, the damage has already been done and it becomes simply a calories in v caories out game.

if the body has stored it as glyocgen it could be been brown rice or table sugar that you ate it doesnt matter because the possible damage would have been done. Now of course the brown rice takes a lot longer to enter the bloodsteam and be stored but once the insulin goes unused the fat storage begins.