ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Red face Eating Porridge Before Bed

Grits, Porridge whatever you call it !
    What is your opinion on eating this about 30 mins before bed
    I once read its good cause it digests slow and your body uses it throughout the night for energy
    You agree with this?
    I always read dont eat Carbs before bed

janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) janderstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    depends on your goals, if weight gain is the key, than yeah jam on those oats. But if you want to be lean, or leaner, than I would opt for a meal of protein and healthy omega 6 and 3 fats
    AOK

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by janderstein
    depends on your goals, if weight gain is the key, than yeah jam on those oats. But if you want to be lean, or leaner, than I would opt for a meal of protein and healthy omega 6 and 3 fats
    Ditto.

Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's better having(if you you want to have carbs) a lower GI carb source,like beans,peas,whole wheat pasta etc,but if you like it I think it's ok when bulking
    Enjoy everything, Need nothing!

rudy5970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have read on this site that eating carbs before bed is a bad idea because it causes an insulin spike, and when your body releases insulin it releases less growth hormone, and you want to release growth hormone while you sleep, not insulin. I would switch the carbs to a protien/fat meal before bed such as cottage cheese with a tablespoon of flax oil. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by rudy5970
    I have read on this site that eating carbs before bed is a bad idea because it causes an insulin spike, and when your body releases insulin it releases less growth hormone, and you want to release growth hormone while you sleep, not insulin. I would switch the carbs to a protien/fat meal before bed such as cottage cheese with a tablespoon of flax oil. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.
    Well you're partially right. The amount of insulin released depends on the GI of the carbs. For instance, more insulin will be released from a slice or white bread than a cup of oatmeal. So it's not ideal to have carbs before bed while cutting, but if you do, make sure that they're low GI.

rudy5970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok, thanks bro for clearing that up

Mack Daddy420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is "GI"

Mack Daddy420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by bignbuff
    For instance, more insulin will be released from a slice or white bread than a cup of oatmeal.
    one more thing

Why is this so? (look in quote above)

Originally posted by Mack Daddy420
    what is "GI"
    GI=Glycemic Index

Originally posted by Mack Daddy420
    one more thing

Why is this so? (look in quote above)
    The white bread has higher GI carbs than oatmeal. So the white bread creates a larger insulin spike.

Take a look at this link for more information. If you have more questions then just ask.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anthony4.htm