Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hammer curl question?

i see people at the gym who do wat i think is a hammer curl....they bring the dumbel across their chest as they curl , like their forearm is parallelto their chest...and for like the right arm it will be brougt above the left pec..is this a hammer curl variation???i do hammer curls like perpindicular to my chest...like i would a regular curl........can someone explain wat that exercise is? or am i doin my hammer curls wrong?

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: hammer curl question?

Hammer Curls is a straight up and down movement, as if you were hammering something. The other variation is what I call cross-over curls, lack of a better name. I use the cross over technique the last few weeks before competition.
    MsFit

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: hammer curl question?

Originally posted by Paul Vitti
    i see people at the gym who do wat i think is a hammer curl....they bring the dumbel across their chest as they curl , like their forearm is parallelto their chest...and for like the right arm it will be brougt above the left pec..is this a hammer curl variation???i do hammer curls like perpindicular to my chest...like i would a regular curl........can someone explain wat that exercise is? or am i doin my hammer curls wrong?
    I think you are better off doing them more like a regular curl, with the arm staying facing forward. Most of the time when people bring it across their chests it's because they are going too heavy as it's easier to keep the dumbells closer to the body.
    I used to do this as well, but now concentrate on the form more and I get better results.

Cheers.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Cross-over" curl

I have never heard, or seen that variation before. You said you do it before contests, what benefits does it have over regular curls?
    2005 PIAA Track & Field State Championships - Lane 4, here I come.

Go Eagles!