ManOverboard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie - Starting out question

Bear with me as stated above. I don't have a formal diet plan put together and I started working out again after a few years slacking off. I'm out of work right now and I've started working out over the past couple of weeks. Have a lot of questions, but I'll start out slow and try to keep it simple.

I'm probably just a bit under weight at 170, 5'10", but I've certainly got my fair share of "fat stores" around the mid section especially. I wouldn't say I'm cutting up, but then again I'm not really bulking either. I want to get bigger and lose the extra fat.

-I usually start the day with some coffee and a bowl of cereal or oatmeal, sometimes even a couple eggs. Always take a multi-vitamin, calcium and extra Vitamin C.
    -If I'm hungry before I work out, I try to stick with plenty of veggies.
    -I work out around noon (M,W,F) or do about a 40 minute cardio (T,Th). I also do some extra ab and various other stretching, aerobic type stuff on my off days.
    -I'll have some lunch around 2pm. normally some more veggies, some salad and maybe some chicken or beef.
    -Between lunch and dinner, I'll snack on various stuff but try to keep it generally healthy. Like some celery, nuts, hardboiled eggs.
    -Dinner is normally chicken, beef or fish. Additional salad, veggies and some potato or pasta.
    -Between dinner and bed I again try to snack on only healthy items as above.
    -Throughout the day I drink lots of water.

I'm considering starting on Creatine and Chromium Picolinate.
    After reading through tons of articles on this board over the past few days, I think I should be drinking a protien/carb shake at least post-workout, if not more than once a day.

Any suggestions on diet or supplements as stated above would be appreciated.

Simply put, I know I'm just starting out, but I want to start out right.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pick up the book Body For Life and learn some more about nutrition and exercise. If you are truly dedicated to your body you can follow this program and get any results you want, within reason.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

ManOverboard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK, that's a start. I'll pick that book up and give it a read. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else?

attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    always look on this board/site. it's probably the best reference out there
    GoD rules

LoU "tHe HuLk" FerRiGnO
    ~EnougH SaiD~

ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How come you guys won't help me with my pot belly question?
    -LordChaosJester
    AIM- LordChaosJester
    Yahoo- LordChaosJester