-zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -zer0- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I the only one with this crippling insecurity?

Seriously, it's probably the only thing that's really putting me into the negative/doomed zone, mental wise. I'm afraid that when I finish my cutting phase, I won't be able to hold or maintain it. I'm scared of what is going to happen after the diet, rather then scared of the diet itself. Sounds pretty stupid, but I really need help in coming into terms with it.
    A little background info, I'm not a big eater, I started at 20% bf now I'm down to around 12%, my goal is 10% in hopefully 4 more weeks.
    I'm just scared all my hard work and sacrifice will go down the drain once I'm off the diet. I've read people have a really hard time maintaining once they reach their bodyfat goal, so this is where the insecurity stems from.
    I know I'm probably wrong and it's a stupid issue, but I had to get it off my chest.
    Please help guys. Much appreciated.
    "The secret is to make your mind work for you -- not against you."
    - Arnold

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You probably won't be able to stay at 10% for any significant length of time. To do so requires great genetics and a hardcore will to keep your diet and workouts dialed in to a T. 12% is pretty damn lean...... staying at that % is a good idea and simple cut down to 10% when you want to impress people (or for your on personal goal).

bubblebob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bubblebob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bubblebob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bubblebob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bubblebob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Zero, I can totally understand you. Some years ago I decided to cut that fat off me - and I dropped my weight from 96 to 80 kilos in only 4 months. Man, I felt really great! But guess where I'm at, now that I started dieting and working out again? Exactly 96 kilos... And I've been at 100 in between.

I think you only have a chance to keep the result if you keep a workout regime all the time (though not as hard as during the cutting time) and be sure not to start 'eating ****' again. You have to transform your lifestyle, kind of...

Edit:
    It's said that the body has some kind of 'set-point' - a weight that your body wants to reach. As far as I know the only possibility to change that set-point to a lower one is doing sports...
    Last edited by bubblebob; 01-14-2007 at 05:55 AM.

iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A good diet and excercise should be a life long goal.
    Dead as dead can be......my doctor tells me

carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The quest for self improvment always has an element of dissatisfaction with ones present state. I think the key is to happiness is to base your self identity on something reasonable.

I always thought it was a good idea to use nature as a guide. Pushing your BF down to 10% and below is actually a little unnatural.

It's something people do to attract a mate, sell a product or just to see if they can but, it might be unreasonable to base your self identity on something that's so hard to maintain over the long term.

Don't pay any attention to what you see on tv or magazines, that stuff is all airbrushed.

I guess what I'm saying is just lighten up a little and enjoy your time. If you're down to 12% you must look great.

Hope that helps,
    CK
    Last edited by carbkilla; 01-14-2007 at 07:58 AM.
    Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pffft, it's no big deal. Eating healthy for 80% of your meals is great and healthy and if you keep track of calories you can maintain for sure.

Yeah you're probably gonna put on a few % points after you stop cutting and start eating more just because your body will "bounce back" a bit, but other than that you can keep it.

Plus you'll have confidence in knowing you can do a cut anytime you want.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DJohnson View Post
    Pffft, it's no big deal. Eating healthy for 80% of your meals is great and healthy and if you keep track of calories you can maintain for sure.

Yeah you're probably gonna put on a few % points after you stop cutting and start eating more just because your body will "bounce back" a bit, but other than that you can keep it.

Plus you'll have confidence in knowing you can do a cut anytime you want.
    x2.

Dont you other guys workout and eat right year-round? If you do, its not like youre gonna blow up once you stop cutting and start eating maintenence or even above maintenence for a bulk. The key is to work your cals back up SLOWLY, and eat healthy foods.

I find that the very best I look is when I stop the cut and start to bump the cals up slowly. My muscles, which were depleted on the cut, fill back up with glycogen and it makes me look more defined. If youre not looking to make staying in shape and eating right a year-round thing, then why did you cut in the first place?

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

u must have something that motivates u to reach 10%,after u reach it keep searching for all the things that motivates to hang in there.
    https://www.egyfitness.com