Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

OFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cranberry juice & fat flush??

I was reading some info on the new fad, "fat flush" diet, which looks like another version of an atkins or keto diet.....low carb, fats OK, etc.
    It suggest through out the day drinking cranberry juice and water to clean out the system, and help fat lose.

anyone have thoughts or experience with this????

RonJ73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonJ73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit RonJ73's BodySpace

Re: cranberry juice & fat flush??

Originally posted by OFF
    I was reading some info on the new fad, "fat flush" diet, which looks like another version of an atkins or keto diet.....low carb, fats OK, etc.
    It suggest through out the day drinking cranberry juice and water to clean out the system, and help fat lose.

anyone have thoughts or experience with this????
    As I understand it, Cranberry Juice has MAD sugars and carbs. Wouldn't that knock your ass RIGHT out of Ketosis in like a matter of seconds?
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

OFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that's one of the things I'm wondering.......

and I'm talking straight unsweetened cranberry juice from a health food store, not a cranberry juice "cocktail" that you get at the grocery store.

GuyinLA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The Fat Flush program is included in the relatively new book by Ann Louise Gittleman called "Complete Fat Flush Progam." I browsed the book at a bookstore one day. Had some novel ideas in it, including the cranberry juice cocktail (as I recall, it is more than just cranberry juice). Her ideas seemed to expand on the Sear's Zone basic principles. I didn't buy the book because the program seemed a little too complicated for me. But I would be interested in people's experiences if they have tried the program.

Stats: 6'3", 233 lbs
    marques2386 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit marques2386's BodySpace
    Not sure if this is too late but I can provide some insight on this program. I did do the original fat flush years ago and was able to lose 14 lbs in highschool on the first 2 weeks. This is definitely an ideal way to easily lose some weight but obviously you are losing muscle as well. Earlier this year I revisited this diet and found that they have a fat flush smoothie shakedown now and I did that for 2 weeks. I was able to lose 18 lbs in 2 weeks. When i finished i started lifting and slowly introduced carbs and dairy but still gained about 4-5lbs right back. Not sure if it was just the water weight going back on or the weight from the carbs being back in the system. Either way it was a fairly easy way to lose some weight.

Stats: 5'9", 160 lbs
    Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Serpentarius has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Serpentarius's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by marques2386 View Post
    Not sure if this is too late but I can provide some insight on this program. I did do the original fat flush years ago and was able to lose 14 lbs in highschool on the first 2 weeks. This is definitely an ideal way to easily lose some weight but obviously you are losing muscle as well. Earlier this year I revisited this diet and found that they have a fat flush smoothie shakedown now and I did that for 2 weeks. I was able to lose 18 lbs in 2 weeks. When i finished i started lifting and slowly introduced carbs and dairy but still gained about 4-5lbs right back. Not sure if it was just the water weight going back on or the weight from the carbs being back in the system. Either way it was a fairly easy way to lose some weight.
    dude you posted 10.5 years AFTER and are not sure if its too late?
    You should invent a time travel device to notify the OP as im sure he is now ballooned up to 700 lbs
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Stats: 6'3", 233 lbs
    marques2386 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit marques2386's BodySpace
    lmao well maybe it will help someone else!