Thread: Lent

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lent

Well, yesterday was Fat Tuesday...did everyone party down? Get drunk? Collect beads? Flash your chest? I wish I could have done some partying, but those darn kids and my job always seem to get in the way!

Anyway, is anyone giving anything up for Lent? Lent always seems to be a good time to concentrate on the diet, but I feel guilty giving something up just to look better (it's really not the point of Lent). But, then I think it's a sacrafice, so maybe it does apply to Lent (I'm confused, can you tell?) I'll try to think of something to give up, I've got plenty to choose from.

So, let's hear it....What was your Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday like? Are you nursing a hangover today? Are you giving anything up? Or, does Lent not apply to you?
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

jay_the_bull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am giving up a couple things....red meat and caffeine, I got a real addiction to caffeine and am looking to break it. So far today I have a raging headache from lack of coffee!

TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Lent

Originally posted by phikappa
    What was your Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday like? Are you nursing a hangover today? Are you giving anything up? Or, does Lent not apply to you?
    I heard that yesterday was Fat Tuesday and the first thing that popped into my head was ... dang I finally have a day ... but not for long

As far as a hang over today, yep got a heck of a hang over, about an inch of hang over covering my belt. As far as the drink induced hang over, not since I woke up in the recovery hospital 24 years ago. Had one heck of a hang over, but not over the belt, I only weighed 130#'s
    Question is: are you really going to mind if you hit your goals without puking 3 times a week?
    by Daniel Roberts

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by jay_the_bull
    So far today I have a raging headache from lack of coffee!
    This is a fairly common cause of post-surgical headaches among regular coffee/tea/pop caf drinkers. If not contraindicated by conditions, they often give a small amount of weak coffee if a withdrawl headache manfests itself, since recovery isn't helped by a splitting headache.

Taper off the java over several days.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

maxallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We had plans for a Mardi Gras party at our favorite local bar, but a big sleet and ice storm descended upon KC for about 6 hours during the evening. So we stayed home built a big fire in the fireplace and watched TV.

About that caffeine withdrawal headache: I found plain aspirin worked great for me. If you use aspirin with caffeine at first, that might work better, then you can switch to caffeine-free aspirin later.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why take an OTC med, when a small amount of coffee would do the job?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I am going to attempt to give up:
    Dieting
    Too much cardio
    I know this will be tough as I love them so, but I will try my best. If it doesn't work, well I'm not Catholic so I guess it doesn't matter.
    But Dieting and Too Much Cardio it is.
    I may just have to try bulking to keep from thinking about these.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by ctgblue
    I am going to attempt to give up:
    Dieting
    Too much cardio
    I know this will be tough as I love them so, but I will try my best. If it doesn't work, well I'm not Catholic so I guess it doesn't matter.
    But Dieting and Too Much Cardio it is.
    I may just have to try bulking to keep from thinking about these.

I think I may join you. Giving up dieting and 'too much' cardio is truely the ultimate sacrifice! I'll be a much better person by Easter....and in better shape!
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LOL... I gave up cardio weeks before lent...arn't I keen?

So does this mean I have to give something up now? I'm thinking of my only pleasures in life at the moment...

caffeine, working out, visiting the board here or other support boards, sex, and food. I have nothing else to give up here, I gave up too much already. Cardio will have to be it for now.
    ~*Belle*~

www.ironfreaksforum.com/forum

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I get a chance to have a go at it again this weekend. Lent doesn't start for Orthodox Christians until Monday. Even though the several weeks beforehand are a gradual lead up to the great fast. Not that I've kept the fast in about 12 years anyway. To do it properly (the 'monastic' fast), one eschews meat, dairy, fish, and all other animal products. It's basically a vegan diet; even then you are not supposed to go nuts over... well, nuts, for example. For ordinary mortals however, the Church just asks that you do the best you can... "Man needs the fast, God doesn't" is the saying.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).