Registered User TheGrandmaster1's Avatar
    TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why is Pizza so bad for you?

I love pizza. But working out seriously nowadays, and trying to eat clean, I've been told pizza is terrible for bodybuilding. I'm just not sure why.

It's pretty high in protein. It has cheese (Good for you), sauce, bread, and some meat (Good for Protein) that's about it. Is it the grease that does it? What makes pizza so bad for bodybuilding, and how much should I try to avoid it?

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing agaist z pizza you cook, but there's definitively too much fat, and might have some trans fat, in sold pizza or restaurant pizza. Often made with white flour and refined stuff... don't eat that crap, cook your own.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Absolutely nothing wrong with pizza!. Just make sure you make it a healthy way.

solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends on the pizza.

I don't normally eat out as a rule ( unless its at a decent restaurant ).
    Takeaway pizza for me is really 'junk' food, its not quite food. So I'm figuring your talking about home made pizza?

Well, if you get the base made from decent carbs, and use fresh veges and lean meat, its a good meal.

TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im guessing prob the cheese and ham(or other meat) they use which have alot of sat fat in it, thats my guess

Registered User TheGrandmaster1's Avatar
    TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrandmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I mean mostly Red Baron, and Digorno's and the like. Very quick, easy, and tastes good, but I've been told not good for you. So I want to watch out.

BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheGrandmaster1 View Post
    I love pizza. But working out seriously nowadays, and trying to eat clean, I've been told pizza is terrible for bodybuilding. I'm just not sure why.

It's pretty high in protein. It has cheese (Good for you), sauce, bread, and some meat (Good for Protein) that's about it. Is it the grease that does it? What makes pizza so bad for bodybuilding, and how much should I try to avoid it?
    Like everyone else, the fat content is usually higher than you think, and you eat a lot more than you normally would much like pasta. The white flour really isn't much of an issue, mostly because you're bulking up. If you order out, just enjoy yourself.
    "I think if you're alive and you want to be into something, you should be nuts about, or nuts about something else. Don't be half way about anything, because life is too short. If you're going to love somebody, love them, if you're going to hate them, hate them." -Henry Rollins

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.pizzafree.com/

My best friend from High School owns this company.

keeper of the holy oat Rogier77's Avatar
    Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm assuming we're talking pizza as in Domino's, New York Piza, etc. The cheese in those pizza's is high in fat (fats in dairy products are high in saturated fats). They use white flower to make the bottom (processed), which has a high GI level (like whitebread & sugar). A lot of meets on there like perperoni are high in fat too. And generally if you eat a whole pizza that's just quite a lot of calories for one meal.

Use whole wheat and low fat cheese and it's great though!
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/Progress5.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/June2005.JPG[/url]
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=395321&d=1169853042

6'4 177lbs
    Ectomorph
    I still think we should nuke everest into the Mariana Trench... it's all about creating balance!

Firekiller51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firekiller51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firekiller51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firekiller51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Firekiller51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

when i need pizza

i make it with a wheat crust, homemade salsa for sauce and then a little bit of cheese and tons of lean meats and veggies................it's awsome

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The dough is the worst part. Processed meats are second.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's also high sodium. One medium slice contains about a third of the RDA of sodium.

keeper of the holy oat Rogier77's Avatar
    Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm gonna have to add that I love pizza too! And that I include in any cheat meal I'll ever have! There once was a time where I ate pizza once every week and was at 7% bf. Inspired by this thread, that time will now return.. I have decided this.
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/Progress5.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/June2005.JPG[/url]
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=395321&d=1169853042

6'4 177lbs
    Ectomorph
    I still think we should nuke everest into the Mariana Trench... it's all about creating balance!

chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_h1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

make your own and go with a thin crust
    train 2 gain

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It all comes down to the ingredients used.
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    let's see the flour used will shoot your blood sugar sky high, the cheese is going to have a ton of saturated fat and probably some trans fat and im not sure what type of sauce theyre using but id be doubtful about it

KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000) KryptoKnight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sucks that pizza is one of the most tasties foods (atleast IMO), yet one of the worst...

bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jando View Post
    let's see the flour used will shoot your blood sugar sky high, the cheese is going to have a ton of saturated fat and probably some trans fat and im not sure what type of sauce theyre using but id be doubtful about it
    exactly...

theres too many carbs for a high fat protein source (cheese)

thin crust pizza is a better alternative and if you can load it with extra lean protein (peperoni and sausage DO NOT COUNT) and use a low fat cheese and a home made sauce without sugars, your in good shape (in moderation)

one of the other problems with pizza is people eat 3-5 slices... in reality,, 1 isnt that bad 2 is ok, past there and its a cheat meal x2

Survivor of Breast Cancer karrieg's Avatar
    karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I make a pizza where I use a whole wheat tortia shell add sauce cheese and veggies taste great and isn't considered bad for you.
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Commericial pizza is high fat AND refined carbs. This is the food combination you want to avoid the most, because people tend to eat it to excess and it raises blood sugar and tend to deposit fat.

A better idea is make your own pizza with unrefined flour or unleaven bread.
    Last edited by GregT; 01-08-2007 at 01:41 PM.