TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Body Solid GPR378 cage! WTF ??'s on assembly.

I have the cage listed above and have been using it a while and love it, except the safety bars are incredibly hard to slide in and out. Sometimes impossible in a certain hole. I figured it was just a little un even and I could adjust it when I felt motivated.

Well, I loosened the bolts and got out the levels, but no matter how I set the darn thing, tightening always shifts it enough that the support bars won't fit again.

The design of the bars is so idiotic I just cannot fathom the dude who said, lets make the holes 1/99th larger then the bar. Even putting the bar though 1 support is a pain and they are incredibly scraped up.

I'm thinking maybe widen the holes, which would make the thing look like crap, or order slightly smaller diameter support rods.

Anyone have any leveling or other assembly tips? It is in a basement so the floor isn't level, and it doesn't just slant one way, so leveling all 4 sides of the cage would be a huge pita.

Any suggestions, or just the nature of the beast?
    Thanks

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheSlash View Post
    Anyone have any leveling or other assembly tips? It is in a basement so the floor isn't level, and it doesn't just slant one way, so leveling all 4 sides of the cage would be a huge pita.
    Bingo. It's not the equipment that is faulty in design, and it is made to accept some tolerance of being out of level. However, your floor must be pretty bad . You may have to construct a large, but low platform to place the rack on. You'd need to make it just like you'd frame a floor, with joists and 3/4" ply for a top. You can then shim the platform with relative ease in the areas where it needs it, and the rack will be fine on top. Even 2x4's for "joists" would work fine, thereby making it approx 4 & 1/4" off the ground. If your floor is that bad, I don't see a better way around it.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaineWoods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might look into pouring some self-leveling cement down. It's cheap, simple to use, and you'll have a nice flat area to work out on. If you don't want to do the entire area, you could always make a thin "pad" of concrete boxed in with pressure-treated boards. Semi-permanent, but you could do it in an hour and it would eliminate any floor problems you have without losing headroom. :-)

It would take more time, but taking a metal file to all the holes to widen them just a bit might also work, but I'd personally take the self-leveling concrete approach if you can.

Enjoy,
    -Sean

mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont seem to have that problem.
    Although They are 'hard' to slide in and out. Not quite as hard as your description. Give them a call.
    Its all under warranty.

TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSlash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you guys, I managed to level it up enough to tighten it down so the supports fit. It's still tight, but they go.

I only have about 2-3 inches above the unit to play with, so I couldn't use any of the great advice above about making a support. =(

Frustrating hehe, but done, so thank you all.