socom3god313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which is Better?? Bulking Up and the strength Training or Strength and Mass Traning

I need to know which program would be better. Bulking up and then training for strength or training for strength and getting bigger at the same time. I dont want to really bodybuild just get stronger and add about 20 pounds. Also is it possible to gain strength without mass?? Thanks.

Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by socom3god313 View Post
    I need to know which program would be better. Bulking up and then training for strength or training for strength and getting bigger at the same time. I dont want to really bodybuild just get stronger and add about 20 pounds. Also is it possible to gain strength without mass?? Thanks.
    You only want to gain 20lbs and get stronger? That's easy, join a gym, lift as heavy as you can and eat copious amounts of ice cream, chips and cinnamon rolls.

Now if you want to gain 20lbs of quality muscle as you get alot stronger then that's a whole different story.

What would you like to do?

Choice 2. I would like to gain 20 pounds of quality muscle as i get stronger.

TommyGunnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyGunnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyGunnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks Its a little complicated but i get it. But im still up for more info.

Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Varangian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TommyGunnn View Post
    Good link. Although caloric excess isn't really all there is too it. A caloric excess consisting of only carbs isn't going to build muscle. I still believe in a balance of around 40/40/20

Well socom, there you have it. Do some reading first so you understand the basic premise of exercise physiology. It'll be worth your time.

Make sure you include squats, deadlifts, and bench in your regimen, those are called compound exercises, keep them in the 6-8 rep range. Have someone at the gym teach you proper form. Go as heavy as you can while keeping that form! Replace the simple carbs in your diet with complex carbs, and increase your protein intake. I'll give you some specific help with that if you want after you tell me what your BMR is. . . Get to study.

-V
    Last edited by Varangian; 01-06-2007 at 09:03 PM.

I sweat BCAAs and sea H2O JoeyTS's Avatar
    JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

some more info

Upper/Lower program write-up:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160554001&p=1215242691&viewfull=1#post1215242691

aight thanks

OK I read this and i Understand it but can i add a few other workouts to it and did you use this to get results?? Thanks alot