DezelnSteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weider Club 560 Weight Bench and Rack

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weider-Club-560-...ayphotohosting
    Does anyone have this equipment, or know anything about it? Also, is $400 a good deal (the asking price for a used one locally), and if not, what kind of offer should we make?

d
    Last edited by DezelnSteve; 01-06-2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: edited to add an updated link

Bumped.

Anyone?? We are hoping to buy this weekend, would love some input, if any. We are both pretty new to lifting, were thinking this would be a great way to start, the set looks pretty comprehensive.

Thanks!
    d

Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The link is expired

I owned it, its a good beginning rack, its max limit is 300lb though. I got it for 349 at sams club 4 years ago. It came with 300lb weight. The odd thing is you have to bench outside of the rack because of its design.

Thanks for the FYI. The link was valid as of last night.

Thanks also for the info about benching outside of the rack, I would have never guessed that.
    d

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd never pay that much for anything made by Weider, NEVER. And if the design truly prevents you from benching inside the rack then that's enough reason to avoid getting it right there. That's laughable if it's true. Looking at the pic I can see that the adjustment holes don't even run the full length of the uprights - that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Hey, it's good that you're looking on eBay to try to find a deal (try craigslist.org as well). The deals are out there - I outfitted almost my entire home gym with used but like-new equipment I bought off eBay - but that Weider setup ISN'T a deal by any stretch of the imagination. Keep looking.
    Last edited by C Man; 01-06-2007 at 01:10 PM.

Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Emohawkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry, I had a defferent rack(looked it up after seeing your updated link) I had the 650, not the 560.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

That set up looks the same, the hooks are on the closer bars, hooks on each side, the inside ones are to put a bar on and squat inside the cage, you can bench but it means unhooking the bar from around you stomach area and moving it to your chest, which is hard with heavy weight, rather then the usual way of unhooking it from over your head and moving it above your chest.
    Last edited by Emohawkus; 01-06-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: to add info, didnt want to add an extra post

$700 is not a good deal thats an old model, the C650 I had is about 5 years old and it was 349 from sams.
    If you have a sams club you can get the same setup as the C650 with a smith machine add on and upper cable cross overs with 300lb weight.
    But remember its weider/impex, its cheap and made for the masses (just like black & decker) Its for people how just want to get a little fit, not for someone who wants to get as strong as they want.
    The cable pulldown usually has a 150lb limit and the rack has 300lb limit.

I aint gonna mention it, nope, its gonna slip...powertec rack, damn, I tried!

Thanks for the feedback. The one I'm looking at is $400 (OBO). My husband and I are novices, we were kind of figuring on starting out a little less expensive, and then if we got serious about it (though, 300 lbs seems like we'd have lots of room to grow), we'd sell ours for hopefully what we paid and upgrade. Is that not a good plan?
    d

Big Shiny Bastard vikingsrule92's Avatar
    vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's a decent plan but you are MUCH better off going with a powertec rack because they will hold much more weight and not wobble like a weider. WIth a bench it'll cost you about $500 and is a MUCH better deal than the POS weider rack. Trust me, it's worth the extra $150 for good quality equipment that will actually last a while.

Thats what I did although I could'nt get mine sold, its in the garden shed .
    In my opinion a rack is for lifting heavy while working out on your own, it has spotters to catch the bar on bench presses and squats. (Although most have a handy lat attachment)
    So if you guys are looking just to get fit together and want to see how it goes before investing in better stuff I would say just get a standard incline/decline bench with a leg attachment from walmart usually $60 and a barbell set usually for $109 or get some dumbbells (you can buy them as you need them, maybe start with some 15's and 20's). You can spot each other if you use the bar options, no spotter really needed with dumbbells.
    You can exercise all muscle groups with that, check out the bodybuilding.com exercise guide.

This is one option am sure others will share their ideas.

Big Shiny Bastard vikingsrule92's Avatar
    vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Emohawkus View Post
    Thats what I did although I could'nt get mine sold, its in the garden shed .
    In my opinion a rack is for lifting heavy while working out on your own, it has spotters to catch the bar on bench presses and squats. (Although most have a handy lat attachment)
    So if you guys are looking just to get fit together and want to see how it goes before investing in better stuff I would say just get a standard incline/decline bench with a leg attachment from walmart usually $60 and a barbell set usually for $109 or get some dumbbells (you can buy them as you need them, maybe start with some 15's and 20's). You can spot each other if you use the bar options, no spotter really needed with dumbbells.
    You can exercise all muscle groups with that, check out the bodybuilding.com exercise guide.

This is one option am sure others will share their ideas.
    Good idea. That's what I did to start out. Although I would recommend an olympic bench instead. If you have a Play it Again Sports near you they have a deal for $250 with an olympic bench w/ leg attachment and preacher curl plus a 300lb. weight set. At least they have that deal here in Tucson not sure about other places. WIth buying that you will be able to test your devotion to lifting weights and if you figure out you want to continue than just upgrade your equipment and sell the old.

Benny3B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weider 400

If that system is in pretty good shape that's an okay deal, but I would see if they would take closer to $300 for it. I work at Play It Again Sports in Boise and we have a Weider 560 without the bench for $180.00. The plastic coating on the cable system is pretty torn up, but still functions well. A good flat, incline, decline bench in here from parabody or hoist goes for about $100.00.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Benny your first post and it is about a E-bay auction from more then two years ago. Read a little OK
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Benny your first post and it is about a E-bay auction from more then two years ago. Read a little OK
    There must be something in the water this week. There have been a ton of threads resurrected from the dead on the main page. It is almost Easter, I guess.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan