Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000) Mark_ey is just really nice. (+1000)

Running in the cold??

Right now its about 55 degrees fareignheit

Will running at lower temperatures still burn bodyfat??

xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xToXiCxk23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just wear a couple shirts and a sweater
    ull sweat more than u expect

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KPhu92 View Post
    Definitely, it was colder than that today and I was sweating like a pig, it was raining too
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KPhu92 View Post
    First of all this can backfire majorly, your skin needs to breathe, believe it or not you can get heat exhaustion in the winter time.

Proper winter running attire is a good thing to look into, if you have a running store in your area go check them out. If not, I would check Runners World and other similar sites out for good recommendations on proper winter running attire, it will keep you warm as well as allow your body to properly expell the extra heat. Don't worry, the clothing seems thin but is quite warm.

55* Farenheit isn't really THAT cold, you can get away with a long sleeve shirt and some shorts without becoming too cold. Trust me, I know the stretches of the human body when running in the cold, I've had frostbite before (hasn't stopped me yet) but that was due to running through snowbanks, not proper clothing.

The temperature also doesn't affect your fat loss when running, sweat is water weight, not fat. You don't excreet fat through your skin, obviously. The fat is burned by your body as fuel when running, hence why the temperature doesn't mean squat when compared to the action of running.

Now when it gets colder, if you are one of those people that really can't stand running in the cold you have options. You can go with a stationary bike, or if you have a regular bike you can get a stand for it that would essentially make it "into" a stationary bike. I currently am using this setup a bit just to keep my body guessing on my aerobic workouts. You also have the option of getting a jumprope and doing several exercises with that. And if you tend to get snow in your area, you can't go wrong with Cross-Country Skiing. Anybody who's done it before will be quick to agree with me that this is one intense aerobic workout.

Any more questions feel free to bounce me a pm and I'll answer as promptly as I can.
    23 Years Old
    6'2"
    185lbs

michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've heard running in the cold will make you lose more calories
    is that true?
    UCSB

Rowdy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowdy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowdy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowdy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rowdy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by michaelopinion View Post
    i've heard running in the cold will make you lose more calories
    is that true?
    I have heard that it is because your body needs to burn more calories to stay warm. I do find that I more weight than expected in the winter. I run long miles at a slow rate. No need to be a speedster in the winter.

michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rowdy1 View Post
    I have heard that it is because your body needs to burn more calories to stay warm. I do find that I more weight than expected in the winter. I run long miles at a slow rate. No need to be a speedster in the winter.
    yeah that's what i heard
    !
    UCSB

doubledee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubledee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubledee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubledee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubledee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubledee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    heres a lil sumthin sumthin about running in the cold.... hokay?

http://www.funfreepages.com/flash/ni...e_squirrel.php

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Being cold burns more calories if you have to shiver to keep warm.

This doesn't apply when running, because you're warm from using the muscles to run. Shivering would be wasteful.

What is neat though, is that you don't sweat as much in the cold. If you tend to cut your workouts short from being sweat-phobic like me, cold running will let you go harder or longer, and that is what burns more calories.

On the other hand, it might make you run crappy if you can't breath very well. Breathing cold air can be quite hard. Generally, you have to do it in through your nose because if you just use your mouth, it and your throat get really parched. Your nose warms the air better.

Another thing is, as part of warming your nose (regardless of whether or not you're using it like you should), your nose will run in cold weather. This can be annoying if you start dripping all over the ground. This doesn't happen if you breath in your through nose like you're supposed to.

That way, you sniff the mucous down your throat, which helps to like it. This does make breathing a tad more difficult, but it also stops your eso****us from getting cold. If it gets to be too much (and it usually does), then you can spit it out between sprints.

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been watching some nature survival shows and the dude there says that sweating in the cold is bad for you, I can't remember why.

Anyone know anything about this?

Blackfriday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfriday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfriday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blackfriday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can loose body heat and get pneomonia if your body loses too much heat.

rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    true but if wear enough clothing then it shouldn't be a problem

Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Puresweat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They make apparel like underarmour that well help keep you warm but not hold sweat.