I'm SUPER thanks 4 asking Superdude87's Avatar
    Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Glove rash? HELP!!

Not sure where to put this, but I figured losing fat section would be fine. Anyway here's the thing. It seems like everytime I lift with gloves I get this weird red rash on the top part of my hand. I think it's from the built up sweat on the glove, but the weird thing is that I got new gloves not too long ago and it still does it. When I first started lifting I used the same gloves for about a year and a half and that's when the rash started to occur. I got some new gloves and it almost immedietely started again. Lately I've been trying to not use gloves but I've got some major callouses (sp?) and even though many of you will say "ooohhh just be a man and deal with it" some lifts hurt like hell on my hands (especially dumbbell shrugs and heavy db bench). The weight just pushes against my callouses and I feel it's preventing me from lifting to my full potential.

So I was just wondering has anyone ever had this? I might to try yet another pair of new gloves, or maybe washing? I've tried washing before and the leather keeps bleeding on my hands whenever I sweat and leaves black marks on my hands...not good. Any help? Thanks!

--Steve--

mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mraustin0v has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get some gold bond powder maybe to help reduce some of the moisture building up. That is what I was told to do when I got my hands messed up with dirtbiking with gloves so I assumed it's the same concept.

And you can always just suffer through the first month without gloves and build up your hand strength (toughness of skin i mean) and then you wouldn't even need gloves. That's what I did. Just a thought, hope the gold bond works for ya!

sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) sliq3g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump.

got this too, about 2 months ago. It was going down but it seems to have come back, I washed my gloves last week. Still showing up. What is the secret to getting rid of this?
    Eat. Lift. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Will power, do you have it?

Current Stats:
    Bench: 315 x 1 (2/16/12)
    Dead: 385 x 1 (12/?/11)
    Squat: 245 x 5 (1/?/11) NEED TO BUMP UP

wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    think you need to clean your gloves after each workout to kill the bacteria in your gloves.. same thing happens when i was wrestling had to wash my knee pads daily or id get ring worm or some kind of bacteria infection on my skin. or you could just lift without gloves and not have to deal with this problem at all.. unless your a hand model you shouldnt worry about caulouses.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. biggerthanlavar's Avatar
    biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    spray some lysol disinfectant in there, then let the gloves dry out properly. Honestly though, ditch the gloves. I used to be an avid glove user. I had the same callous pain issue but over time, it goes away. I did however use straps in the transition so maybe try that.
    Obsessed is a word used often by the lazy, in order to describe the dedicated.

Working to get sub 10% BF for the first time in my life!!!

navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) navy_flyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't use gloves? They are just a hindrance...

doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doit4dame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back when I was boxing, they used to coat our hands with a layer of vaseline. I think it creates like a barrior.

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I actually have experience with both of your problems.

1) I used to get sharp pains going through my hands/arms when I deadlifted heavy weights. Simply put, you need to develop palm toughness, which is not the same as callouses. Try lifting all but your heaviest set without gloves for a couple of months, then get rid of the gloves. This is how I was able to make my transition.

2) I used to get the rash from my bowling glove. As others have recommended, wash your gloves often. Also, put lotion on your hands/wrists during the day to prevent them from drying out.

heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavy2healthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uncle Tony to the rescue http://www.bigbackgrips.com/

loyolacub68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem as you. You need to wash your gloves more often. Do you just throw them in your gym bag after you work out? Wash them in the sink and let them dry out and they are clean and ready to go the next day.

make2drinks4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is kind of an old thread, but I've had the same rash going on for over 5 years, ever since I bought a pair of blue Harbinger weight lifting gloves. They looked super cool, but since then the rash comes and goes primarily on one hand.
    I shake a lot of hands in my line of work, so being without gloves is not an option.
    Doctor said it's contact dermatitis, which is basically the where with all for anything that gives you an allergic reaction when it touches you. Was prescribed a topical steroid, which cannot be good after a while.
    I'm guessing it could either be the dye used in the gloves or the fabric itself, probably mixed with the poorly absorbed and un-ventilated sweat. It seems a pair of 80's mesh gloves would resolve that.
    Turns out I was allergic to Tide and other harsh detergents too, so if you've discovered your skin is sensitive and you're going to wash them, make sure they're washed in something like ALL - Clear detergent, or maybe even just water and hydrogen peroxide. As far as spraying Lysol... not a good idea. That stuff has benzalkonium chloride, which is not only toxic to your skin; it's toxic to folks on all kinds of levels.
    Has definitely put a damper on jerkin' off - good thing. I know it's not some freakish disease, because no one else I come in "contact" with is getting it. Also it's not parasites, because I did a parasite cleansing and according to my nutritionist; I'm good. I never thought to take my gloves to a muscle testing session, so going to have to do that to see if my body rejects the gloves.
    I will try some of that powder to control the sweat in the meantime. Good idea.