Thread: Casein Protein

Tony Soprano Stunt Double philemon666's Avatar
    philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Casein Protein

Hi guys

I'm a newbie to these boards but have already learnt more in the last two nights than in the last 6 years I have been into the supplement thing.

First of all I would like to say to all those guys who put people like me on the right track - TO KEEP IT UP!!

Anyway, what my question is is, what well known protein powder is best to take before bed? I live in the UK and cannot seem to find a protein source made up of casein, I have been using EAS Simply Whey and always felt this was adequate for nightime use, it is frustrating not having access to the Protein Factory as well as other US sites.

I would appreciate anyone that has ideas on the matter.

Cheers

BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for casein just drink Milk. Simple as that. Mix a couple scoops of whey in a glass of milk and have at it. IMO one of the best things you can take before bed is a meal replacement. Metrx, Dorian Yates, etc. They all blend multiple protien sources and have a nice nutritional content to get you through the night.

Tony Soprano Stunt Double philemon666's Avatar
    philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I did actually consider a MRP but at the moment I am looking to trim down and I thought that taking something like that at that time of night may just add fat to my frame.

Am I being dumb?

Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make your own shake:mix cottage cheese and milk and you have it.If you want add a litte bit of whey.
    Good luck
    Paco
    Be meticulous and you'll reach your goals

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Paco, i work afternoon shift and looking for a snack when i get home. how long would you wait to go to bed after this last shake? i was thinking something like 6 or 8 egg whites, cottage cheese, some no-fat milk and maybe a little whey but i'm going to try and have the whey after training only.i'm an endomorph with a sluggish metabolism and cutting at the moment and with my shift i do most of my eating during the second half of the day. thanks.Richie

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Paco, one more thing. would it it be alright to throw down 5 or 6 dessicated liver tabs as well with this shake. i usually have my ZMA an hour before i get home. thanks again.Richie

Chrisk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    but if you take ZMA your not suposed to take in any calcium product...no whey or milk. What should you use if you are gonna tke ZMA tho..

K (same) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do not eat anything that has calcium for about 2 hrs before you take your ZMA. If you are not sure about calcium content in the food then just don't eat anything for 2 hours before you take ZMA. Some people may say 1.5 hrs is sufficient. I would say 2 hrs window is good enough following a big meal (dinner).

Take your zma. Wait for 45 minutes. It will mostly be absorbed by then. Eat what you like after that.

Chrisk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would definitly have to eat don't eat anything for 2 hours then take the ZMA before bed then 45minutes later i can eat. hate eating much before bed but man i dunno if i can wait 3 hours to eat. i eat just about every 2-3 hours

K (same) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem too. lol

Peanut butter is calcium free, has good fat, high cal and can make you feel pretty full!