namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Egg powder vs whey

I just told my chiro/bodybuilder/personal friend and training partner that I had bought 6 2lb tubs of whey, and he said whey was crap, and what I really should use is egg protein powder. I can't remember the exact technical jargon he used to defend his opinion, but it made sense when he was saying it. I do recall the sense that he was likening whey to be junk food as far as quality of the actual protein.

Does anybody know what he is talking about?

Can the mods please correct my typo in the title, it should say whey?
    <done compliments of chi>
    Last edited by Chi_town; 01-04-2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Believe that the term for that is bioavailability, and egg white is supposed to be the best as far as this goes. Frank Zane was endorsing/selling it from his web site the last time I checked.

/wish that I could look like Zane did back in '78
    //will settle for being the same height

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow There's tons of info on that here . . .

In the info section of the online store, there's a lot of detailed info about the different protein powders available:

1. Whey -- http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

2. Egg --- http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/egg.html

3. Soy ---- http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/soy.html

Each article discusses the merits and uses of that type of protein powder and also provides a handy table for comparing the different brands and products available, complete with links to order them if you are so inclined!
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I did a search on Yahoo for egg white protein powder, it came up with a million hits, some of the stuff I read looked pretty convincing, also seemed way less expensive then whey. I think i mite give it a try.

greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up What works for you?

I have read lots of stuff and who does the research? The companies that make it or their competitors. Try it and see if it works better than whey. I think the more natural you can eat with the phantom "energetic principles" the better it is for you. I like something Jack Lalane said one time, "If it doesn't come from the Earth I don't eat it." It seemed like that last thing that stuck in my mind was the whey/egg combos. It was not as cheap as pure whey but I still believe we all have to safely experiment with everything that's safe and see what works for ourselves with guidance and words of wisdom from others here in the forum.

Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000) Sarge2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've used both whey and egg whites (dehydrated) with oat flour in my shakes for the last two years and the growth has been great. Whey is a much "quicker" protein while egg whites provide a slower uptake. Mixing the two is a great one two punch as far as protein goes. If you're interested in where I get my egg whites, PM me and I'll be happy to share. It's a restaurant supply site and shipping is cheap.