jamesahrens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does your workout program really matter?

I've been taught a couple of things relating to workouts and fat loss, for which I've recently heard some logical yet contrary arguments.

From what I know:

- It matters whether you have one huge meal, especially with a high GI, as the body's insulin response makes it more likely to store excess as fat, and a subsequent workout, especially aerobic is going to use glycogen not fat.

- It helps if you do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, as you are more likely to burn fat.

- Doing weights is essential in building muscle and therefore your base metabolism.

These (and many others) are things I've followed and learnt from authorities in their fields.
    Recently I've been told that the only thing that matters in fat loss is thermodynamics, not biology or the bodies chemistry, which basically means.

- It doesn't matter how and when you exercise, all that matters is your calorie expenditure.
    - It doesn't matter when and how much you eat, as long as you are in a calorific deficit.

Ok, so it simplifies a bit the arguments put forward , but the basis is that thermodynamics is the only factor in fat loss.

Can anyone shed some more light on the above, as some of the aove arguments may not be mutually exclusive.
    Thanks.
    freeworkoutroutines.blogspot.com

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unfortunately, there really are not any definitive answers to your questions. Expert A may swear by one method and expert B might swear by another-- one that compeltey contradicts expert A.

I know the following is a cliche, but it really is true; different things work for different people and you have to try things out and see what works for you.'

If there was one end all and be all way of doing things in bodybuilding, then we would all be on stage looking the way we want.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/